Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Mateo Kovacic


Unionjack
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

then you wrote Drinks is a depth option at the bottom of the post. 

Soz. You were quicker quoting than my editing ;)

And agree about Cescy. I was wondering a little whether he was dropping hints of a gooners return. I cant see many affording him or his wages so its a difficult one. Shame really. But hes a old pro and handles himself well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's Kovacic OR Serri.

3 man midfield, you're looking at 5/6 players, plus maybe a young option used sparingly (which RLC doesn't want)

So:

Kante

Golovin

Serri/Kovacic

and 2/3 out of:  Fabregas (unmoveable), Baks, Drinkwater, RLC, Barkley

Can see RLC out on loan again.

We'll see what happens.  I'm pretty sure that we'll get Golovin, maybe Serri, doubtful on Kovacic (maybe we can do a Courtois swap if we're really interested).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think we should go for Serri at all, don't think hes anything special, average at best. Kovacic on the other hand? Get him in. Its such a shame hes used so sparingly at Madrid because he could be an excellent player with the continuity of playing every week, fair enough he could still improve but he'd be an excellent signing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't think we should go for Serri at all, don't think hes anything special, average at best. Kovacic on the other hand? Get him in. Its such a shame hes used so sparingly at Madrid because he could be an excellent player with the continuity of playing every week, fair enough he could still improve but he'd be an excellent signing. 

Agree, Kovacic with right attitude here could become fantastic player. But if not him, I wouldnt mind Seri.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Manchester City are unwilling to meet Real Madrid's valuation for midfielder Mateo Kovacic, according to Sky sources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

LOLOL

 

if I hear the phrases

are monitoring

enquire about

watching carefully

eyeing up a swoop

following with interest

ready to join race for

lining up talks

set to put a bid in

in hot pursuit of

insiders say deal is close

 

one more time in next 10 days, I am going to start reaching for

00233282.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No way we will end up bringing in Jorginho and kovacic in one window - I fully expect us to hang on to bakayoko, drinkwater and maybe buy a terrible midfielder like vecino

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lucio said:

No way we will end up bringing in Jorginho and kovacic in one window - I fully expect us to hang on to bakayoko, drinkwater and maybe buy a terrible midfielder like vecino

Lol, if you think Vecino is a terrible midfielder you have no clue. Would be amazing cover for Kanté/Jorginho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Shakez said:

Lol, if you think Vecino is a terrible midfielder you have no clue. Would be amazing cover for Kanté/Jorginho.

Maybe in bizarro reverso world. How much have you watched him play? I have seen him around 10 Serie A games just this year, maybe 25 overall, plus the WC. He is profoundly ordinary. I have listed 20 plus (including his teammate Roberto Gagliardini) who would be far better buys for what is his role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vesper said:

LOLOL

 

if I hear the phrases

are monitoring

enquire about

watching carefully

eyeing up a swoop

following with interest

ready to join race for

lining up talks

set to put a bid in

in hot pursuit of

insiders say deal is close

 

one more time in next 10 days, I am going to start reaching for

00233282.jpg

 

 

You forgot the classic ..."Club X is on RED ALERT..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are interested in Real Madrid's Mateo Kovacic after the 24-year-old Croatia midfielder reportedly turned down a move to Manchester United because of Jose Mourinho's style of play. (Express, via Calciomercato)

Quite rightly so. Fuck playing in that United team, player such as Kovacic would be wasted. Fred and Pogba are wasted in that team too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd snatch his bollocks off but it makes me wonder WHY?? Hes a DM,.the wee baldy mans job.. I'm scared!

Chelsea on Kovacic, but Real makes a wall

Mourinho left humiliated as €60m Real Madrid star asks for Chelsea move

Date published: Friday 3rd August 2018 10:19

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.calciomercato.it/news/312438/calciomercato_esclusivo_chelsea_su_kovacic_ma_il_real_fa_muro&prev=search

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 10:56 AM, Unionjack said:

I'd snatch his bollocks off but it makes me wonder WHY?? Hes a DM,.the wee baldy mans job.. I'm scared!

Chelsea on Kovacic, but Real makes a wall

Mourinho left humiliated as €60m Real Madrid star asks for Chelsea move

Date published: Friday 3rd August 2018 10:19

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.calciomercato.it/news/312438/calciomercato_esclusivo_chelsea_su_kovacic_ma_il_real_fa_muro&prev=search

He’s not a DM. He is rounded can play deeper if needed maybe but he’s a more offensive midfielder. He would play Barkleys role probably taking into account Kante and Jorginho are nailed on to start. He made his mark as a attacking midfielder in Croatia and for a bit at Inter but has was taken deeper a bit by Benitez and Zizou. He would be a great fit here regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's mostly thought of as a defensive midfielder because Real play (played) more in a 4231.  

Defensive midfielders don't usually make runs like these:  

C'mon Pedulla, give us more "hot days"

Link to the article:  https://www.alfredopedulla.com/esclusiva-chelsea-tra-courtois-e-due-opzioni-per-la-porta-kovacic-chiodo-fisso/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...