Unionjack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/31/2018 at 0:49 PM, Tomo said:

I have a feeling Sarri may be going down the route Klopp's going at Liverpool - ala either he has someone he really wants or he waits until they (someone of similar ilk becomes available).

That may cause some teething problems but if Liverpool's current side are anything to go by, it could work in the long run and we are much, much better than the side Klopp inherited so it should take less time.

But Klopp is backed by his board

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But Klopp is backed by his board

Funny you mention that, because some of that lot also moan about net spend and sell to buy aswell, most of these "amazingly ambitious" signings Liverpool have made were funded by the sale of the star player.

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

They have a crazy amount of CMF's already now, with Vidal coming in. The question no one asks is that if Vecino is all that and a bag of crisps, why are they on a MF buying frenzy?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Funny you mention that, because some of that lot also moan about net spend and sell to buy aswell, most of these "amazingly ambitious" signings Liverpool have made were funded by the sale of the star player.

We would probably sell Willian, Eden and Courtois and buy Noble.

• 2 months later...

I have to admit, I see why Sarri rated Vecino. He has taken it up to another level this year so far. He is finally showing himself to be a great passer and seems far more dangerous going forward this year versus last year.

Here is a taste of his passing atm (his cross for the game winning 92nd minute goal by Icardi in the Milano derby 3 days ago)

what a cross! and that is after he has put in 12 kilometres at pace over 92 minutes

will be very interesting to see him tonight v Barca

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 3:20 AM, LAM09 said:

I live in hope that after 4+ windows, she might have learnt a thing or two. Roman needs to decide sooner rather than later what he wants from the club. 

Are we just another business venture now or a club wanting to be amongst the best once again. You can't have it all, even though our two league titles have masked that.

Learnt what? How to become an expert transfer market operator by posting on Internet forums?

What makes people think Roman has not already decided what he wants from the club?

What is it about the fact that Marina continues in her post, year after year, which causes people not to accept that her boss must be happy with her work?

What is it about Roman’s history which makes those who push this narrative think that he does not sack people as soon as he looses faith in them?

How do people fail to join these, frankly obvious, dots and realise that Marina must be following her boss’s instructions and working within the parameters he lays down?

Learnt what? How to become an expert transfer market operator by posting on Internet forums? What makes people think Roman has not already decided what he wants from the club? What is it about the fact that Marina continues in her post, year after year, which causes people not to accept that her boss must be happy with her work? What is it about Roman’s history which makes those who push this narrative think that he does not sack people as soon as he looses faith in them? How do people fail to join these, frankly obvious, dots and realise that Marina must be following her boss’s instructions and working within the parameters he lays down?

How to get transfers done in a timely fashion?    

She had no involvement in football prior to joining the club and was essentially "promoted" to the position. This is a results business, so thinks will change sharpish if results aren't as impressive in May.

In addition, someone remaining in there position doesn't necessarily mean their employer is happy with the job they are doing.

34 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

In addition, someone remaining in there position doesn't necessarily mean their employer is happy with the job they are doing.

How many managers has Roman sacked? How many CEOs or equivalent? You're welcome to think Roman is a patient man if that's how you see it but, first, you'll have to admit that you have not a scrap of evidence to support that idea. Roman looses faith in you, you go.

34 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

How to get transfers done in a timely fashion?  

This is exactly where you are going wrong.

You are judging Marina by your criteria but that's an error. Roman gave her the job and he knows what instructions she has been given. He, not you or me, will judge Marina's performance in accordance with how well she does what he wants her to do. For example, he may have instructed Marina to breakeven on transfer deals over a three year period. He may have instructed her not to pay anything over 90% of the original asking price. He may have banned to signing of new starters in certain positions because he wants to leave the manager little choice but to select certain young players. We could keep guessing all day, but that's just it; we'd only be guessing.

I have no idea what Marina's instructions are and nor do you. Until you know those you can't know how well she's been doing her actual job, as opposed to how well you think she's doing the job you imagine she has. If I hire a decorator to paint my kitchen black, it's no good you looking at the result, thinking the colour is ridiculous, and blaming the bloke with the brush in his hand. He only did the job he was asked to do.

As I say, we don't know what Marina's instructions are but is it so hard to figure out, from the fact that she has, in effect, been promoted not sacked, that her boss is, up to now, happy with what she's doing? Bloody obvious if you ask me.

This is exactly where you are going wrong.
You are judging Marina by your criteria but that's an error. Roman gave her the job and he knows what instructions she has been given. He, not you or me, will judge Marina's performance in accordance with how well she does what he wants her to do. For example, he may have instructed Marina to breakeven on transfer deals over a three year period. He may have instructed her not to pay anything over 90% of the original asking price. He may have banned to signing of new starters in certain positions because he wants to leave the manager little choice but to select certain young players. We could keep guessing all day, but that's just it; we'd only be guessing.
I have no idea what Marina's instructions are and nor do you. Until you know those you can't know how well she's been doing her actual job, as opposed to how well you think she's doing the job you imagine she has. If I hire a decorator to paint my kitchen black, it's no good you looking at the result, thinking the colour is ridiculous, and blaming the bloke with the brush in his hand. He only did the job he was asked to do.
As I say, we don't know what Marina's instructions are but is it so hard to figure out, from the fact that she has, in effect, been promoted not sacked, that her boss is, up to now, happy with what she's doing? Bloody obvious if you ask me.
This entire topic is based on assumptions. There's no weight or value to any point made thus far, as neither of us are Roman.

However, if his end game is to make money or just break even, it might be time to sell up. He wasn't lacking ambition when he bought the club, but recent events might have curbed his interest and I honestly can't blame him.

52 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

However, if his end game is to make money or just break even, it might be time to sell up. He wasn't lacking ambition when he bought the club, but recent events might have curbed his interest and I honestly can't blame him.

I don't know of course but I'd say that this line of criticism is more logical than blaming Marina when we don't know what her operating parameters are.

52 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

This entire topic is based on assumptions. There's no weight or value to any point made thus far, as neither of us are Roman.

Can't agree with you here. I think your criticisms have indeed been based on assumptions but the points I've made are an exact description of the situation. I said we don't know what instructions Marina has been given and we don't. I said it's logical to guess that Roman is satisfied with Marina's efforts and it is. After all, not only has she not been sacked, she's actually been given increased responsibility. Why would that happen if the boss wasn't satisfied?

Can't agree with you here. I think your criticisms have been based on my assumptions but that the points I've made are an exact description of the situation. I said we don't know what instructions Marina has been given and we don't. I said it's logical to guess that Roman is satisfied with Marina's and it is. After all, not only has she not been sacked, she's actually been given increased responsibility. Why would that happen if the boss wasn't satisfied?

She's making money for Roman?

I stated Roman's displeasure would only be notable if things aren't as rosy come May (as a result of her decisions in the transfer market).

36 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

She's making money for Roman?

I stated Roman's displeasure would only be notable if things aren't as rosy come May (as a result of her decisions in the transfer market).

Firstly there was a typo in my last reply. I've since corrected it but you quoted me while the error was still there. As quoted, my comment says your criticisms were based on my assumptions. It should just say assumptions. Apologies for that.

I've no idea if Marina is making money for Roman. I don't even know if she has been asked to. These are just examples of the kind of things she might have been asked to do, and which would make her priorities a little different to what you seem to have assumed them to be.

That is not what you stated originally but your comment contains more assumptions. How do we know what, if any, decisions Marina is making? How do we know that her task is not simply to carry out the decisions others are making. For example, I'd be shocked if Marina is deciding which players to target in the transfer market. I don't know but I would be shocked.

You say Roman's displeasure would only be detectable if things are not rosy come May. You may be right but I'd have thought if he was going to be unhappy, it would have been visible by now. After all, a lot of posters here think Marina should have been sacked long ago and Roman is not noticeably patient. Let's wait and see.

Firstly there was a typo in my last reply. I've since corrected it but you quoted me while the error was still there. As quoted, my comment says your criticisms were based on my assumptions. It should just say assumptions. Apologies for that.

I've no idea if Marina is making money for Roman. I don't even know if she has been asked to. These are just examples of the kind of things she might have been asked to do, and which would make her priorities a little different to what you seem to have assumed them to be.

That is not what you stated originally but your comment contains more assumptions. How do we know what, if any, decisions Marina is making? How do we know that her task is not simply to carry out the decisions others are making. For example, I'd be shocked if Marina is deciding which players to target in the transfer market. I don't know but I would be shocked.

You say Roman's displeasure would only be detectable if things are not rosy come May. You may be right but I'd have thought if he was going to be unhappy, it would have been visible by now. After all, a lot of posters here think Marina should have been sacked long ago and Roman is not noticeably patient. Let's wait and see.

As long as we don't have a director of football, she's filling that void.

Is there someone else behind the scenes that is unbeknown to this board or the vast majority?

Time will certainly tell. I just hope someone is appointed to fill the aforementioned position.

21 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Learnt what? How to become an expert transfer market operator by posting on Internet forums?

What makes people think Roman has not already decided what he wants from the club?

What is it about the fact that Marina continues in her post, year after year, which causes people not to accept that her boss must be happy with her work?

What is it about Roman’s history which makes those who push this narrative think that he does not sack people as soon as he looses faith in them?

How do people fail to join these, frankly obvious, dots and realise that Marina must be following her boss’s instructions and working within the parameters he lays down?

Dunno, maybe Roman priority is that the club generates enough money. And here Marina is doing damn great job. Obviously wont be sacked.

But that might be a problem. Our goal should be to get back among best, not generate money. 

Its possible though that we want to go fully legit, self-sufficient club with zero need for owners investment. That however means jack shit if you have competiton that breaks uefa restrictions with no punishment.

Anyway a DoF is absolutely required. Marina can do all those financial obligations great, but I doubt she has any clue how to form a football project. You can have scouts to track players but thats not enough. Yet we are doing exactly that IMO. Track players left and right by scouts, Marina gets recommendations and does the financial part. But there is no vision or project; hence our dismal transfer record and some absolutely ridiculous buys and sales. A quality DoF knows some stuff not to sign Drinkwater for 40 fecking millions. Whoever went ahead with that transfer should get immediate brain check. 

And here we are, still months without Dof. Other teams lose Dof, they appoint new one very soon (Juve or Sevilla comes to mind). 

In another thread I mentioned we have probably worst results next to United in past few years considering the amount of cash spent and transfers done. Woodward is also a fraud and doesnt know what he is doing at all. Appointing Mou in first place, but what is more, they signed 3! #7 in past few years (Di Maria, Depay and Alexis), all turned complete shite. One is a mistake, 3 is pattern of incompetence. Just like at Chelsea with all those weird buys and transfer sales of today world class players that shouldnt be sold in first place.

• 2 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You