Matías Vecino

Unionjack

I'm not sure we've been after Vecino for 2 months.  But, I highly doubt that we were anywhere near SMS, Thiago, Pjanic.  We possibly asked "how much?".

I'd be surprised if we didn't show some interest in at least 1 of the 3. 

Just saying if that is the case, the drop down in quality is staggering.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I'd be surprised if we didn't show any interest in at least 1 of the 3.

I guess it depends on your definition of "interest".  By Chelsea standards, we have "interest" in lots of players.  Players that we have been monitoring for years.

I'm of the mind that more that most of the stories are out there to incite a bidding war (SMS), or a new contract (Thiago & Pjanic).  The Pjanic one made no sense.  He's a DLP, he replaced Pirlo at Juve.  We were linked with him right after signing Jorginho.  

I think we were really close to Alisson, but got beaten by Liverpool which would have seen Courtois out.  I think they've been working on alternatives since then.  Vecino seems to have come up because Sarri's had more time to see Bakayoko and he knows Vecino.  

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd be surprised if we didn't show any interest in at least 1 of the 3.

And you are surprised WHY MATE? You know what she does. A manager tells her or her peon that he need a ACM, lets say he tells her Savic She trotts off finds out what he actually does and falls on her arse at his value. When sge get her head together she goes to Whoscored and finds a cheap replacement for him.  But  in her non footballing head they have the same strengths and she thinks shes the dogs bollox cause shes saved £70mill and got the same position player.

And it wont change any time soon till our whole transfer system does and we get a DOF that understands the crack.

WTF happened to Ballack?

And you are surprised WHY MATE? You know what she does. A manager tells her or her peon that he need a ACM, lets say he tells her Savic She trotts off finds out what he actually does and falls on her arse at his value. When sge get her head together she goes to Whoscored and finds a cheap replacement for him.  But  in her non footballing head they have the same strengths and she thinks shes the dogs bollox cause shes saved £70mill and got the same position player. And it wont change any time soon till our whole transfer system does and we get a DOF that understands the crack. WTF happened to Ballack?

I live in hope that after 4+ windows, she might have learnt a thing or two. Roman needs to decide sooner rather than later what he wants from the club. 

Are we just another business venture now or a club wanting to be amongst the best once again. You can't have it all, even though our two league titles have masked that.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I would live in hope that after 4+ windows, she might have learned a thing or two. Roman needs to decide sooner rather than later what he wants from the club.

I think she has to show to the business world shes tough. She seems to need to squeeze every penny out of any deal at all even for the sake of losing good players. If he is so pissed off and he cant be arsed any more he should pass us on. We should be a going concern.

I think she has to show to the business world shes tough. She seems to need to squeeze every penny out of any deal at all even for the sake of losing good players. If he is so pissed off and he cant be arsed any more he should pass us on. We should be a going concern.
There has been a decent amount of noise in the last few weeks about a potential 2bn takeover.

Whether it's more nonsense or not, is another story

Just now, LAM09 said:

There has been a decent amount of noise in the last few weeks about a potential 2bn takeover.

Whether it's more nonsense or not, is another story

Least Jim would get a better seat. I wonder who uses his ticket when he doesnt go to a game?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We need to put an end to these stop gap signings. How do we go from SMS, Thiago or Pjanic to him?

actually went from Seri to Golovin to him

I would rather stick with RLC and Barkley. But I get Sarri's view. We may need cover in this position especially if he is offloading Drinkwater and Baka

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

actually went from Seri to Golovin to him

I would rather stick with RLC and Barkley. But I get Sarri's view. We may need cover in this position especially if he is offloading Drinkwater and Baka

your conflating positions

Golovin is an AMF or even can play winger but also can be really hard-nosed at trackbacks

Seri is a very good dribbling pure CMF with oki but not great defensive skills

Vecino is like a less offensive CMF with DMF tendencies and is not a great passer (I can confirm, however, he is better on the ball than Bakayoko, but then again so is my wife (she played girls footie in public school) lolol

they are not at all similar players (Golovin and Seri are closer in type than vecino to either).

Only Golovin will get you a few goals (and then not enough IMHO) , Seri 2 years ago (7) was a fluke, he is more like a 1, 2,3 a year goal scorer

he also has never really played on a pressing club

I will be honest, I dont TRULY rate any of them

if forced, I would take Golovin, because he is only 22 (b day was 2 months ago) 

5 years from now, Seri is 32, same for Vecino (he turns 27 in August)

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

your conflating positions

Golovin is an AMF or even can play winger but also can be really hard-nosed at trackbacks

Seri is a very good dribbling pure CMF with oki but not great defensive skills

Vecino is like a less offensive CMF with DMF tendencies and is not a great passer (I can confirm, however, he is better on the ball than Bakayoko, but then again so is my wife (she played girls footie in public school) lolol

they are not at all similar players (Golovin and Seri are closer in type than vecino to either).

Only Golovin will get you a few goals (and then not enough IMHO) , Seri 2 years ago (7) was a fluke, he is more like a 1, 2,3 a year goal scorer

he also has never really played on a pressing club

I will be honest, I dont TRULY rate any of them

if forced, I would take Golovin, because he is only 22 (b day was 2 months ago) 

5 years from now, Seri is 32, same for Vecino (he turns 27 in August)

So with all that said why does it seem that Sarri is so gung ho for Vecino? It cant be purely because he was in one of his teams. There has to be other options he could have asked for yet this chap is apparently off of his 1st ants list.

He really must rate him

Just now, Unionjack said:

So with all that said why does it seem that Sarri is so gung ho for Vecino? It cant be purely because he was in one of his teams. There has to be other options he could have asked for yet this chap is apparently off of his 1st ants list.

He really must rate him

That's the £30m question.

I completely understand why he wants Rugani (who I do rate, unlike most on here, although I would rather have Caldara I think, maybe, it's a tossup, therefore I defer to Sarri)

But as for Vecino,  to quote Churchill

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That's the £30m question.

I completely understand why he wants Rugani (who I do rate, unlike most on here, although I would rather have Caldara I think, maybe, it's a tossup, therefore I defer to Sarri)

But as for Vecino,  to quote Churchill

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

As long as Sarri has one of the Enigma machines it will all be fine then cause I can't ever see our board laying out £250k for one! 

Knowing Granny she will think a £5k knockoff will do the job then we will be fucked again

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

As long as Sarri has one of the Enigma machines it will all be fine then cause I can't ever see our board laying out £250k for one! 

Knowing Granny she will think a £5k knockoff will do the job then we will be fucked again

she would take this one on a free

The-Enigma-Code-10.jpg?resize=850,638

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Vecino is like a less offensive CMF with DMF tendencies and is not a great passer (I can confirm,

Is he creative? because if I understand the system we now would need to have a creative/offensive player in the 3 with Jorginho (the back line brain in the 3) and Kante (save our asses & destroy the opposition genius) ...

Are we venturing into the unknown now because Sarri knows a player? Purely based on what I read here, Vecino doesnt sounds like the player we need when we have a Barkley and RLC available. 

10 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Is he creative? because if I understand the system we now would need to have a creative/offensive player in the 3 with Jorginho (the back line brain in the 3) and Kante (save our asses & destroy the opposition genius) ...

Are we venturing into the unknown now because Sarri knows a player? Purely based on what I read here, Vecino doesnt sounds like the player we need when we have a Barkley and RLC available. 

He is not very creative at all, from any of the 10 games or so I have seen him play. He is a bog standard holding CMF

I am very underwhelmed by him. He also was one of the few Uruguayans on the pitch who struggled in the World Cup other than their GK and some of the subs. Indecisive, errant with passes, didn't do well marking

He was subbed out for Lucas Torreira almost ever game.

His rating from the France game

f359535dcfb7202b28df62fa82dc0e1f.png

45 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is not very creative at all, from any of the 10 games or so I have seen him play. He is a bog standard holding CMF

I am very underwhelmed by him. He also was one of the few Uruguayans on the pitch who struggled in the World Cup other than their GK and some of the subs. Indecisive, errant with passes, didn't do well marking

He was subbed out for Lucas Torreira almost ever game.

His rating from the France game

f359535dcfb7202b28df62fa82dc0e1f.png

Great ... just the guy we want and will go after. :rant:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You