Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Daniele Rugani


Unionjack
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Did you just call Branislav a donkey? Show some fucking respect for one of our greatest players, ever.

His last year (and a half maybe) here was horrid. He cost us at least 5,6 games, He got beat like a rented mule at least 3, 4 times a game. Mourinho just kept trotting him out like he was the only RB on the surface of the earth.

It was worst defence of a title in the Premier League history, and he played a big role in that. I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am i missing something or why is everyone talking of Rugani like he is next Beckenbauer or something? I just dont see any reason how would he improve our backline.  He didnt play in months,

Man, forget about Zouma and Cahill, we will be looking to play possession football. Christensen and Rugani fighting for a place next to Rüdiger and Cahill providing backup looks good enough for me for

He never really showed his form at Juve the same way he did at Empoli under Sarri. Might not fit their style exactly? He didn't play bad but its tough to beat out Chiellini/Barzagli. Plus they brought

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

True :D To this day I have never seen more abuse towards own players as I did back then (and I was a part of that, not shifting any blame)... It was an amazing meltdown period best forgotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, manpe said:

True :D To this day I have never seen more abuse towards own players as I did back then (and I was a part of that, not shifting any blame)... It was an amazing meltdown period best forgotten.

The posts about late years Ivan make the current Cahill posts look like they're on Lampard's thread.

It was a shame.  Ivan was immense for us.  Better to leave a year early than a year late.  Unfortunately, in this case it was more like 2 or 3 too late.  It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't a nailed on starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It was a shame.  Ivan was immense for us.  Better to leave a year early than a year late.  Unfortunately, in this case it was more like 2 or 3 too late.  It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't a nailed on starter.

Not his fault, yes. There was no lack of effort, it's just his body was gone. He was never quick for a full-back, but when you're fatigued and your legs are gone then there is not much you can do against speedy wingers. Mourinho's obsession in playing him puzzles me to this day, a fix was so obvious but never truly tried. It just shows perfectly how much Mourinho values personality over actual skill.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can soo soo see this

Ramos will be 33

they have shit for backup

and REALLY were pissed when they lost on last 2 key CB targets

Aymeric Laporte who went to Shitty and Clément Lenglet, who Barca took right from under their nose the day before he was to have physical with Real
Milan Skriniar said no no no when they tried to buy him from Inter  (Laporte and Skriniar are 2 of my top 10 CB's on planet, Lenglet is in top 20, at least will be soon IMHO)

Real Madrid attempting to hijack Chelsea Rugani deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/995006/Chelsea-transfer-news-Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Daniele-Rugani

Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid attempting to hijack deal thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo
CHELSEA look set to battle Real Madrid for the signing of Juventus star Daniele Rugani with the European champions in talks over a proposed transfer.

 
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has only made two signings since his appointment - Jorginho and Rob Green - and Rugani tops his wishlist.

The Blues have been working hard on trying to prise the defender away from Serie A with reports last week claiming the 23-year-old had agreed a five-year deal worth £77,000 a week.

However, a deal has failed to be pushed over the line and Chelsea now face strong competition from Madrid.

According to Spanish publication OK Diario, Madrid have been in talks with Juve chiefs for weeks.

The report claims during negotiations for Cristiano Ronaldo - who left Madrid for the Allianz Stadium earlier this month - the defender’s name has been discussed.

 

With Juve and Madrid having a strong relationship following the smooth transition of Ronaldo’s departure, the Serie A champions could be willing to do business again over Rugani, leaving Chelsea to miss out.

Madrid will have Ronaldo to thank if they can snatch Rugani from under Chelsea’s nose with the Portuguese’s transfer opening up a strong bond between both clubs.

However, it remains to be seen if Rugani will actually leave Juve after his agent, Davide Torchia, stated the player is happy in his homeland.

“The interest from Chelsea is there for Rugani,” Torchia told Radio Sportiva.

“Beyond the figures though there’s a technical question, neither the player nor Juventus have ever said they want a sale.

“The operation with Chelsea is separate from [Gonzalo] Higuain, each deal has a different cost and different dynamics.

“The two players can bring in different profits. Rugani is calm and happy, he’s at the pre-season training camp and he’s thinking about Juventus.”

 

 

El Real Madrid se fija en Rugani

https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-madrid/2018/07/26/real-madrid-pregunta-rugani-2788124

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

His last year (and a half maybe) here was horrid. He cost us at least 5,6 games, He got beat like a rented mule at least 3, 4 times a game. Mourinho just kept trotting him out like he was the only RB on the surface of the earth.

It was worst defence of a title in the Premier League history, and he played a big role in that. I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

Problem was, as poor as Ivan got, he was still a better option than Baba Rahman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Are we ever going to sell Baba?

You could use that line for half our roster. The club hold onto some players for far too long.  

 

The Delac situation sums the club up, unfortunately

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You could use that line for half our roster. The club hold onto some players for far too long.  

 

The Delac situation sums the club up, unfortunately

 

 

 

 

And the great ones we sell for shit

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

 

I will NEVER get over the KDB sale

Lukaku, meh, Salah was a mistake but NO ONE on planet predicted he would go for 44 goals, lolol

 

Thiago Mendes in August 2005 ( right after our best team EVER!, my favourite all time team) was my first taste of WTF, and I was 13 then and cried like a baby,cuz he was one of my fav players

Mourinho still says it was one of biggest mistakes he made

AND

we took a 50% LOSS (bought for 15m,sold for 10m) after one year, a good year too he had!

tiago-507500.jpgThiago.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
And the great ones we sell for shit

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

 

I will NEVER get over the KDB sale

Lukaku, meh, Salah was a mistake but NO ONE on planet predicted he would go for 44 goals, lolol

 

Thiago Mendes in August 2005 ( right after our best team EVER!, my favourite all time team) was my first taste of WTF, and I was 13 then and cried like a baby,cuz he was one of my fav players

Mourinho still says it was one of biggest mistakes he made

AND

we took a 50% LOSS (bought for 15m,sold for 10m) after one year, a good year too he had!

tiago-507500.jpgThiago.jpg

One thing in common.... Mourinho.

 

He has no patience for youth and it looks like Martial/Rashford could suffer a similar fate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

One thing in common, Mourinho.

He has no patience for youth and it looks like Martial/Rashford could suffer a similar fate.

Seeing Claude Makélélé made me year up just now, he and Lamps are my favourite footballers ever

 

LOVED those kits too, that shade of blue, and so clean

 

HAPPY TIMES!

3C12AE1C00000578-0-image-a-105_148421899

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Daniele Rugani destined to stay at Juventus, claim Sky Italy. 

Would not bother me. We do not need him. People are assuming Luiz will not be part of the plans because he missed a lot of games last season, however he suits Sarri's style perfectly and I think Sarri can get the best out of Luiz, like Conte did in his first season and as things stand I would bank on Luiz being a starter for us on our opening game of the season. Then we have Christensen and Rudiger also. Cahill is a good back up to have in the team as 3/4 choice and then there is Zouma who looks on his way out, however until one of our CB leaves, I don't see why we are pursuing Rugani for this amount of money, especially as I don't think he is better than Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen and the levels is very marginal. If it was Koulibaly then I could understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

I would we sign a quality right back and move Azpi to centre back if possible... The amount quoted for him is outrageous...

We need a LB far more than a RB, I do not want to have to move Azpi back to CB except in emergencies.

Plus, there are not that many good available RB's out there atm

Sime Vrsaljko is on verge of signing with Inter, who desperately need a RB, even worse than we need a LB.You saw today that D'Ambrosio is not up to a level they need, and they have no one in backup. João Cancelo went to Juve permanently after Inter had him on loan.

Elseid Hysaj is a no go for us as we have that damn no-raid deal with Napoli. He (obviously) was wanted by Sarri, but the agreement to not touch Napoli scuppers that.

Djibril Sidibé will more than likely go to AM to replace Sime Vrsaljko

Thomas Meunier has said he will only leave PSG for Barca, who are interested as they have moved Sergi Roberto back to MF, leaving them only Nélson Semedo, with no backup (unless you count Roberto)

 

Only other remotely available RB of top quality is Benjamin Henrichs, who I really want us to sign, and sell Zappacosta, but it is not going to happen. I have seen zero links with him for us in ages.

All the other good RB's either already were purchased thsi window or are not for sale, thats why we have had so many teams asking about Zappacosta. I f no one from that list above comes in, we are crazy to sell him now. I would love Joe Gomez from LPool, as he is only 19 and has HUGE upside potential, and is also a CB, BUT the scousers will never sell him atm. He is eventually (a year or two max) to their other CB to pair with VVD.

Benjamin Henrichs 'wants to leave Bayer Leverkusen'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/bayer-leverkusen/transfer-talk/news/henrichs-wants-to-leave-leverkusen_330155.html

 

As for Rugani, I am pretty sold on him (unlike many here who are not, lolol), but £45m is too too high. Juve originally priced him at only 30m euros, but that was for Serie A clubs. Juve always will try and rape EPL teams, look at the Alex Sandro nightmare we had (GRRR, that is devastating we didn't get him), has so fucked us up now) Real Madrid also want Rugani pretty badly (that came out from Perez 2 days ago) and he will go there before us. They really needs another CB (worse than us), as Nacho is shit for backup, and the cuntish Ramos is 33 next March. Rugani is a great match to pair with Varane when Ramos really starts to slow down, as he is more expansive with the ball, whilst Varane is best CB in the world (IMHO, and I think I have been proven right based on the WC), partially for the reason he is a stellar in the box defender.

Sarri is convinced Rugani is perfect for his system,other than his real wish (and mine) the impossible to get Koulibaly. He doesnt rate two great CB's, Stefan Savic and Konstantinos Manolas as been a good fit for Sarriball (Idefer to him on that).

My other choices would be 

Benjamin Pavard (who is a Azpi clone inasmuch that he is also a combo RB/CB type, and great with the forward distribution and crossing. He also can score (he won goal of the WC as evidence). He has signed a pre-contract for next year with Bayern, but now apparently is having 2nd thoughts.

and

Mattia Caldara, Rugani's teammate, who is, IMHO, better than Rugani, He is good enough to start for 98% of most teams. Do not know Sarri's opinion on him.

 

There are others I rate,(Malang Sarr of Nice, a great 19yo, Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax, 18yo but insane asking price of £55m, Dayot Upamecano, of RB Leipzig, 19yo too) but they are not perhaps the right type for our system. Hopefully Luiz comes good yet again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Caldara vs Rugani: analogie, differenze, prospettive future

https://www.juventibus.com/caldara-vs-rugani/

rB8RDlqo1pWATKH_AAFUm0WCx6Y387.jpg

The collective euphoria generated around the Ronaldo case has made the final landing of Mattia Caldara under the bridge , which has successfully completed his apprenticeship at the Atalanta and in the next season will be part of the Juventus defense central battery. Impossible, in this sense, not to think about the fate of Daniele Rugani ; the company has always taken away from the market proving to believe a lot in him, but on balance the former Empoli has never been essential and in the last season he found himself closed by the exploit of Benatia and the choices of Allegri, who for a long time he kept it out even in the most affordable competitions.

In the next season, with the advancing age and the consequent ailments of Chiellini and Barzagli, Juventus will need a third full-time defender , who can guarantee a high return in case of turnover or forfeit of one of the first choices. Imagining a very young Caldara-Rugani couple to go to the Champions League in the Champions League remains frankly difficult, more likely that the two are used separately together with one between Chiellini and Benatia. We have therefore tried to ask ourselves the following questions: what do they look like and what does Caldara and Rugani differ ? What are their main characteristics? Do they really have the chance to break into Juventus?

As in the duel between Cancelo and his equal role , let's start from the obvious, an initial mirror useful as a function of the following analysis:

caldara-rugani-begin.jpg

 

The path of the two 24-year-old power stations, similar in physical structure , has been decidedly different so far: both made their debut in Serie A in 2014, but while Caldara was sent to bore between Trapani and Cesena, Rugani found a mine in Sarri Golden and was unmissable owner in the newly promoted season of the Empoli in A. In fact, the now former Atalantino has tasted the highest national limelight only in the 2016/17 season , while Rugani had already two years of Juventus (experienced in fits and starts, it must be said), since it is also reflected in the national presence of the two. The excellent propensity to score for both boys stands out, impressive the average of Caldara, a ruling on inactive balls, good numbers for Rugani to which must be added a goal in the Champions League against Dinamo Zagreb. Let's add, the decision of Juventus to leave Caldara for a second year in Bergamo allowed the boy to taste important European stages like Lyon and Dortmund, a possibility that would have difficult to have in black and white, as emerges from the few international presences accumulated by Rugani.

Let's go a little deeper to find out how they play the role of the two power stations:

caldara-rugani-def.jpg

 

The general impressions of the insiders are confirmed by the statistics: compared to Rugani, Caldara is a much more aggressive defender in every facet , an attitude amplified by the defensive attitude desired by Gasperini, who from this point of view urges much more rearguard, a situation that also explains how the new Juventus acquisition has suffered double the dribbling compared to the former Empoli, a fact that does not worry if adequately contextualized. If Caldara from this point of view is more like Chiellini , repeatedly invoked by the same player as a reference model, Rugani looks a lot more like Barzagli, of which resumes the Olympic cleanliness and calm, sometimes mistaken for lack of personality. In perspective, an absolutely complementary central couple.

Let's move on to the numbers under management of the ball :

caldara-rugani-pass.jpg

 

Said of the structural and game differences between Atalanta and Juve, it should be noted that Caldara is by far the defender least involved in the maneuver of the Goddess , even with a% of successful steps similar to those of Masiello and Toloi, while Rugani has always been a central accustomed to play many balls , just behind Benatia and in front of Chiellini in the top 3 of Juventus. Beware, however, to label Caldara as a rough defender and not very skilled with his feet; despite making almost twice the long casts compared to Rugani, the two percentages of successful launches are very similar , in practice both defenders hit almost a long ball on 2.

Caldara and Rugani are not mutually exclusive, not in the near future ; the identity card plays in their favour, as well as the propensity to injure the other Juventus power stations will free him from the space that will have to be very good to exploit, considering that for a defensive center is much more difficult to convince playing hiccups than many other roles. The strict actuality, however, puts us in front of a further dilemma: what will be the hierarchies within the couple in the next season? Allegri will alternate them according to the needs and the minutes they need or will relegate one to fourth / fifth choice of the department? From here passes the growth, and perhaps the explosion, of the two boys.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Caldara vs Rugani: analogie, differenze, prospettive future

https://www.juventibus.com/caldara-vs-rugani/

rB8RDlqo1pWATKH_AAFUm0WCx6Y387.jpg

The collective euphoria generated around the Ronaldo case has made the final landing of Mattia Caldara under the bridge , which has successfully completed his apprenticeship at the Atalanta and in the next season will be part of the Juventus defense central battery. Impossible, in this sense, not to think about the fate of Daniele Rugani ; the company has always taken away from the market proving to believe a lot in him, but on balance the former Empoli has never been essential and in the last season he found himself closed by the exploit of Benatia and the choices of Allegri, who for a long time he kept it out even in the most affordable competitions.

In the next season, with the advancing age and the consequent ailments of Chiellini and Barzagli, Juventus will need a third full-time defender , who can guarantee a high return in case of turnover or forfeit of one of the first choices. Imagining a very young Caldara-Rugani couple to go to the Champions League in the Champions League remains frankly difficult, more likely that the two are used separately together with one between Chiellini and Benatia. We have therefore tried to ask ourselves the following questions: what do they look like and what does Caldara and Rugani differ ? What are their main characteristics? Do they really have the chance to break into Juventus?

As in the duel between Cancelo and his equal role , let's start from the obvious, an initial mirror useful as a function of the following analysis:

caldara-rugani-begin.jpg

 

The path of the two 24-year-old power stations, similar in physical structure , has been decidedly different so far: both made their debut in Serie A in 2014, but while Caldara was sent to bore between Trapani and Cesena, Rugani found a mine in Sarri Golden and was unmissable owner in the newly promoted season of the Empoli in A. In fact, the now former Atalantino has tasted the highest national limelight only in the 2016/17 season , while Rugani had already two years of Juventus (experienced in fits and starts, it must be said), since it is also reflected in the national presence of the two. The excellent propensity to score for both boys stands out, impressive the average of Caldara, a ruling on inactive balls, good numbers for Rugani to which must be added a goal in the Champions League against Dinamo Zagreb. Let's add, the decision of Juventus to leave Caldara for a second year in Bergamo allowed the boy to taste important European stages like Lyon and Dortmund, a possibility that would have difficult to have in black and white, as emerges from the few international presences accumulated by Rugani.

Let's go a little deeper to find out how they play the role of the two power stations:

caldara-rugani-def.jpg

 

The general impressions of the insiders are confirmed by the statistics: compared to Rugani, Caldara is a much more aggressive defender in every facet , an attitude amplified by the defensive attitude desired by Gasperini, who from this point of view urges much more rearguard, a situation that also explains how the new Juventus acquisition has suffered double the dribbling compared to the former Empoli, a fact that does not worry if adequately contextualized. If Caldara from this point of view is more like Chiellini , repeatedly invoked by the same player as a reference model, Rugani looks a lot more like Barzagli, of which resumes the Olympic cleanliness and calm, sometimes mistaken for lack of personality. In perspective, an absolutely complementary central couple.

Let's move on to the numbers under management of the ball :

caldara-rugani-pass.jpg

 

Said of the structural and game differences between Atalanta and Juve, it should be noted that Caldara is by far the defender least involved in the maneuver of the Goddess , even with a% of successful steps similar to those of Masiello and Toloi, while Rugani has always been a central accustomed to play many balls , just behind Benatia and in front of Chiellini in the top 3 of Juventus. Beware, however, to label Caldara as a rough defender and not very skilled with his feet; despite making almost twice the long casts compared to Rugani, the two percentages of successful launches are very similar , in practice both defenders hit almost a long ball on 2.

Caldara and Rugani are not mutually exclusive, not in the near future ; the identity card plays in their favour, as well as the propensity to injure the other Juventus power stations will free him from the space that will have to be very good to exploit, considering that for a defensive center is much more difficult to convince playing hiccups than many other roles. The strict actuality, however, puts us in front of a further dilemma: what will be the hierarchies within the couple in the next season? Allegri will alternate them according to the needs and the minutes they need or will relegate one to fourth / fifth choice of the department? From here passes the growth, and perhaps the explosion, of the two boys.

We were linked with Benjamin Henrichs back in May...check again and as for left back I am pretty content with Emerson... He will play sarriball...Ghoulam had same issue he has right now when sarri took over Napoli...We need attacking reinforcements more than defensive additions... Goals wins you games...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...