• Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

I think you need to watch more of our games and then watch the other big team especially what each team are asking their best attacking player to do. 
Salah for example, POTY this season. Against us today, did he pick up the ball deep and create or did he try to play on the shoulder of defender and run into space.
Sane for City, stay wide to create space for KDB and silva to create
CR7, a poacher.
Like i mentioned in previous post, I can only compare Hazard role to Messi role in Barca this season, at times you are asked to be the sole creator. The percentage is always against you

I'm not disputing his role in any way, shape, or form. I just expect more from him on a regular basis (Barcelona tie sticks out like a sore thumb).

This constant talk about him being the only creative player we've possessed for a number of years is a stretch to say the least.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not disputing his role in any way, shape, or form. I just expect more from him on a regular basis (Barcelona tie sticks out like a sore thumb).

This constant talk about him being the only creative player we've possessed for a number of years is a stretch to say the least.

Against Barca, I agree he was anonymous but we barely had a touch the whole game. But he wasn't the reason we lost, we made too many mistakes and it just happened to the ball fall on Mess. 

Not really. Who else? Only fab. 

Putting willian there is a stretch.  Mata was here but we weren't exactly considered contender back then

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

same guy who scored 31 goals in PL and 10 CL goals this season.

Well unless our coaching staff can see into the future, you're being ridiculous. He was a bag 'o shite for us with 2 goals in 13 starts.

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The real slip wasn't the last day, it was dropping home points by conceding a last minute equalizer to Wigan four weeks earlier. Had we beaten Wigan we'd have gone into the last game knowing the title was in our own hands. If that was the case I'm absolutely convinced that we'd have smashed Bolton on the last day.

i still remember fucking Heskey ruining everything for us with the late equalizer, fucking scouse cunt :middlefinger:, in the end its our fault for not putting that game to bed. What could have been that season, we could have been crowned PL and CL winners instead of United, they just had lady luck for them in the end when they needed it, urghh it still makes me sick to the stomach we didnt win the CL that season.

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats just ridiculous haha. 

Dont tell me that based on one shit performance we were smart to sell Salah, same guy who scored 31 goals in PL and 10 CL goals this season.

Their front 3 clearly lacked the energy after Roma game, but we also had good plan indeed. Another time and we might concede 3 in first half.

Im convinced he wont be. He was already good in Roma last season. Maybe he wont score 40 goals again, but he is pretty much guaranteed 20 goal man who also proved in key matches. Its not like he scores only tap ins against shit teams. 

Are yout two actualy believing that he will be one season wonder based on reasonable facts or is all this just to downplay Pool player just because he isnt here anymore?

Well yes I would never praise a Liverpool player and yes of course him being terrible for us ( I know he wasn't given much of a chance) but he's a good finisher no doubt about it but when he's quiet like yesterday he looks ordinary. I can't comment on what he was like for Roma because I don't watch Italian football. There was a tongue in cheek element to my post hence the video. 

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Where did you get that idea from lol

Hes said it himself tho so we shouldntt knock each other for saying the same thing

Would peeps be happier if we played a more sat back, no posession but won each game 1-0 or a fluid fast pretty game but had to fught every year to get in top 4 or win any type of trophy?

Sorry mate, I meant to "like" your post not "quote" it !!!:blush::blush:

Dippers have lefy themselves in the shit really.

They need to really go out against Brighton looking for a win to make sure of top 4. Which means they cant rest some players that are burned out to goto the CL.

Id laugh my bollox off guys if we did make top 4. It would almost be as good as winning the league this season!

And to shit on Manure!!! Fuck me!! It would make a good season TBH.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Dippers have lefy themselves in the shit really.

They need to really go out against Brighton looking for a win to make sure of top 4. Which means they cant rest some players that are burned out to goto the CL.

Id laugh my bollox off guys if we did make top 4. It would almost be as good as winning the league this season!

And to shit on Manure!!! Fuck me!! It would make a good season TBH.

I am hoping that Kante is on the phone with his former team mates (not sure if Drinkwater cares at all :D ) and urging Leicester to perform on the final day at Wembley. Leicester still owe us something and this is the perfect way of doing us a favor now!

6 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

I would not like us to turn into the 1-0 Arsenal of old, and I would love if we turned into a "fluid" team playing pretty football and winning. But my point on yesterday was I felt our game plan, however negative it seemed, worked. And with the present team we have, we played to our strengths on the day. Do you think that if we played open attractive football yesterday we would have won? I dont have the faith in our defence  to keep good teams out if we play open football. I  was just saying that on the day, our tactics worked perfectly, although it was not pretty to watch.

Klopp had snide digs at us in his post match interview. Saying we played with 8 in the box with 2 good forwards.

Our defenders worked great yesterday. Ove had some doubts over Rudi but he played great. Dave had a couple of close calls in 2nd half but solid. Even Cahill played well. Id still like to strengthen it tho and also add someone with creativity back there. Daves crosses are a useful tool but need more.

Last season we managed to play some beautiful football and our defence was amazing. So we are able to do both at the same time. The trick is keeping that form seasom after season and thats fuckin hard!

6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i still remember fucking Heskey ruining everything for us with the late equalizer, fucking scouse cunt :middlefinger:, in the end its our fault for not putting that game to bed. What could have been that season, we could have been crowned PL and CL winners instead of United, they just had lady luck for them in the end when they needed it, urghh it still makes me sick to the stomach we didnt win the CL that season.

Could have been the greatest season ever. Still one of our greatest ever. Think about Michael Ballack that season; Premier League - Runner up, Champions League - Runner up, League Cup - Runner up, World Cup - Runner up. And they were all very, very near misses. Talk about if onlys.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Klopp had snide digs at us in his post match interview. Saying we played with 8 in the box with 2 good forwards.

Our defenders worked great yesterday. Ove had some doubts over Rudi but he played great. Dave had a couple of close calls in 2nd half but solid. Even Cahill played well. Id still like to strengthen it tho and also add someone with creativity back there. Daves crosses are a useful tool but need more.

Last season we managed to play some beautiful football and our defence was amazing. So we are able to do both at the same time. The trick is keeping that form seasom after season and thats fuckin hard!

"The trick is keeping that form seasom after season and thats fuckin hard!" As as Chelsea fan for the past 48 years I have to say you can say that again !! :D:D

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I am hoping that Kante is on the phone with his former team mates (not sure if Drinkwater cares at all :D ) and urging Leicester to perform on the final day at Wembley. Leicester still owe us something and this is the perfect way of doing us a favor now!

Not really. They'd still have won the league no matter what the result that night. Still, if they want to do us a favour anyway....

5 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

"The trick is keeping that form seasom after season and thats fuckin hard!" As as Chelsea fan for the past 48 years I have to say you can say that again !! :D:D

haha Yep!!

But the down times make the up times that much better!

Mind you I could do without the bad times all together!

But more exciting than being in the PL years floating mid table! Saying that tho. Having a couple of seasons without any pressure letting a manager experiment and build a team wouldn't be a bad thing maybe. But cant see us 'supporters' nor Roman understanding that.

37 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not really. They'd still have won the league no matter what the result that night. Still, if they want to do us a favour anyway....

:D They celebrated winning the title after Hazard scored the equalizer and celebrated together at the Vardy's house. Hardly something they would forget.

3 hours ago, milan.cech said:

:D They celebrated winning the title after Hazard scored the equalizer and celebrated together at the Vardy's house. Hardly something they would forget.

Agreed, it was a fantastic moment for them, and for us :). I'm only saying that they'd have won the league with or without us preventing a Spurs win. On the other hand we may well need them to beat Tottenham.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Could have been the greatest season ever. Still one of our greatest ever. Think about Michael Ballack that season; Premier League - Runner up, Champions League - Runner up, League Cup - Runner up, World Cup - Runner up. And they were all very, very near misses. Talk about if onlys.

Euro 2008 runner up you mean? he was runner up in the 2002 World Cup, i remember he was suspended for that final. But i know what you mean, a real shame, it could have been an amazing season, on another day we could have got 3 trophies, but it just wasnt meant to be, our 11/12 season made up for it, credit to that United team tough which was one of the best they had.

4 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Hazard's strike was the final nail in the coffin for that lot, that game against Spurs was a disgrace, they should have ended the game with at least 6 players, it was like watching a fight, fucking thugs, kicking us left and right, Clattenburg is a farce of a ref, thank God hes gone from Premier League, if only some others followed him out