Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Anthony Martial

Unionjack
Followers 3

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He's apparently left raining camp early.  I didn't read this news anywhere, so no source.  Just my Utd buddy.

Media is reporting is due to his girlfriend going into pregnancy. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He's apparently left training camp early.  I didn't read this news anywhere, so no source.  Just my Utd buddy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5991331/amp/Anthony-Martial-leaves-Manchester-United-pre-season-tour-America-early.html

Daily mail reporting the story now 

Just now, Clockwork said:

Media is reporting is due to his girlfriend going into pregnancy. 

Good for him.  Shame for us.  With Barca getting a Willian Alternative, I was hoping that it was because we had worked something out with Utd.

Congrats on the baby Martial.  You should raise them in South-West London.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Good for him.  Shame for us.  With Barca getting a Willian Alternative, I was hoping that it was because we had worked something out with Utd.

Congrats on the baby Martial.  You should raise them in South-West London.

Martial is going to be disappointed when he finds out JT the child's real dad 😂😂😂😂😂

It might sound ridiculous, but flying back because his partner is going into labour is the sort of decision Mourinho will likely hate as he demands full commitment from his players. I wouldn't be surprised if it pushes a further wedge between them both which can only be a positive.

Swap Willian for Martial, play Martial as the striker where most United fans think he is best, and then sign Leon Bailey for the right side.

Simple, lads.

I think the only reason we'd have a slim chance at them agreeing is because no foreign clubs would be willing to pay a huge fee for a player that wouldn't be a huge piece for them. Bayern for example are the big foreign club linked but they almost never pay huge fees and he wouldn't start for them anyways.

Both ourselves and Spuds have players they want. Hopefully we at least try. United swapping Martial for Toby A would be the worst case scenario for us. Both sides get better while we're stuck with Willian for another season. Martial would become top class under Poch. Or he could become top class here under Sarri.

I'd love Martial here, there appears to be a lot of untapped potential.

My only worry is if we are viewing him to come in and be our first choice leading striker, he hasn't really yet proven himself yet that he could do this. Would it be a similar situation that we found last season with Morata who had never had the experience of being the main man at a big club and crumbled under the pressure.

However it could be a masterstroke and I could understand how his raw pace and direct nature would fit under Sarri.

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think Dortmund could go for him.  They're looking for a striker.  He fits their profile.

Can they afford his wages and transfer fee? Doubt it

I hate/love Jose. I hate that he does all of the stupid crap like patronize his players for prioritizing family over football, but I love that it is no longer to our detriment and maybe even to our benefit.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Can they afford his wages and transfer fee? Doubt it

Depends, I guess.  They were able to afford Schurrle's wages.  Aubameyang gone last winter.  Schurrle just now.  They might.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Depends, I guess.  They were able to afford Schurrle's wages.  Aubameyang gone last winter.  Schurrle just now.  They might.

I don't think Schurrle's wages were that heavy. 

My guess is Martial will have to go to a team that can afford to pay in excess of 100k a week in wages. Only a few suitors which makes our claim stronger

38 minutes ago, Steagles said:

I hate/love Jose. I hate that he does all of the stupid crap like patronize his players for prioritizing family over football, but I love that it is no longer to our detriment and maybe even to our benefit.

Hes taken what love I had for him. Hes never had a good word to say about us since he left

37 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't think Schurrle's wages were that heavy. 

My guess is Martial will have to go to a team that can afford to pay in excess of 100k a week in wages. Only a few suitors which makes our claim stronger

With it looking more likely RM not wanting Eden thats £350k on its own every week, MAYBE a factor in us not buying any big names??

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

With it looking more likely RM not wanting Eden thats £350k on its own every week, MAYBE a factor in us not buying any big names??

you want some startling numbers? Bakayoko is making 110k, Zappacosta is on 80k, Drinkwater is on 90k... Martial is on 65k LOL

19 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

you want some startling numbers? Bakayoko is making 110k, Zappacosta is on 80k, Drinkwater is on 90k... Martial is on 65k LOL

Only one word mate. Stupid.

Looking at those 3 and the remaining deadwodd it befuddles me as to why our all business board keeps them hoarded We could pit the money to much needed use.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Swap Willian for Martial, play Martial as the striker where most United fans think he is best, and then sign Leon Bailey for the right side.

Simple, lads.

Too complicated for Marina mate.

• Jase locked and unlocked this topic