Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Man City 1-0 Chelsea


Jas
 Share
Followers 2

Man of the Match  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Courtois
      2
    • Moses
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      8
    • Christensen
      0
    • Rudiger
      2
    • Alonso
      0
    • Drinkwater
      2
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Pedro
      1
    • Willian
      0
    • Hazard
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      1
    • Palmieri (sub)
      1
    • Morata (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

Last season? Think you meant the season before last. Yes, Man City did do that but they had an inconsistent United side battling them. This time, we're the inconsistent ones while Liverpool and Spurs are in form. 

TBH, unless we somehow win tomorrow, I'm already resigned to us missing out on the top 4. Will just enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully see some good moments or two. 

That's the thing: You choose to view it as inconsistency, I choose to view it as being unlucky. Taking the horror of the Bournemouth and Watford games aside (which are both justified for the Christensen injury and the fuck-ups of Bakayoko, Cahill and Luiz), we were pretty much in it during the rest of our recent matches where we had our strongest XI possible but fell short mainly because of luck more than anything else. I've seen sparks in those matches, and overall I believe luck was the deciding factor, but that's just me.

Liverpool and Spurs have had their share of questionable results this season but still appear in form to you right now. This could be temporary and things change quickly in football. I hope the players don't have your mentality. Might as well withdraw from every competition if we lose tomorrow! It's not like the 15-16 season, we would still have a chance to crack the Top 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

That's the thing: You choose to view it as inconsistency, I choose to view it as being unlucky. Taking the horror of the Bournemouth and Watford games aside (which are both justified for the Christensen injury and the fuck-ups of Bakayoko, Cahill and Luiz), we were pretty much in it during the rest of our recent matches where we had our strongest XI possible but fell short mainly because of luck more than anything else. I've seen sparks in those matches, and overall I believe luck was the deciding factor, but that's just me.

How are we in it when we've won only FOUR matches in 2018 and all four were against relegation fodders? Take those out and the only game where we were on it was the Barcelona match. We just weren't good enough in the others but having sparks in matches is not good enough for a club aiming to compete at the highest level. The fact that most of us, if not all, were surprised by the manner of our performance against Barcelona weeks ago says a lot about our current predicament.

10 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Liverpool and Spurs have had their share of questionable results this season but still appear in form to you right now. This could be temporary and things change quickly in football. I hope the players don't have your mentality. Might as well withdraw from every competition if we lose tomorrow! It's not like the 15-16 season, we would still have a chance to crack the Top 4.

Well, I'm only speaking from a fan perspective but then again, who knows. At the start of 2018, we looked dead certain to finish in the top 4 and potentially finish in 2nd spot. Fast forward to March and we're struggling down in 5th. For one reason or another, the players and even Conte have gone off the rails. It's as if they no longer have the motivation. The only thing that'll help us finish in the top 4 is Liverpool and Spurs going far in the Champions League while we get KOed by Barcelona. I know that sounds pessimistic but can't see us keeping up with them if we're having to compete on 3 fronts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think that's what's made it so annoying. We looked like we had a chance of 2nd..now everyone has leap fogged us and we sit 5th and currently 5 off 4th.

Liverpool before today had something like 22 points from 9 games.. Whereas we're just all over the place. The loss against Watford was shocking. More so how we fell apart after scoring

Saying that.. We need to do out part sod other results they won't help us if we don't win. We finish 5th..we deserve it and have to pick up and start again with who knows who in charge or playong

Annoying thing is this could be seen coming after summer window so no shock. Just frustrating

Hey ho. We go again... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

How are we in it when we've won only FOUR matches in 2018 and all four were against relegation fodders? Take those out and the only game where we were on it was the Barcelona match. We just weren't good enough in the others but having sparks in matches is not good enough for a club aiming to compete at the highest level. The fact that most of us, if not all, were surprised by the manner of our performance against Barcelona weeks ago says a lot about our current predicament.

Well, I'm only speaking from a fan perspective but then again, who knows. At the start of 2018, we looked dead certain to finish in the top 4 and potentially finish in 2nd spot. Fast forward to March and we're struggling down in 5th. For one reason or another, the players and even Conte have gone off the rails. It's as if they no longer have the motivation. The only thing that'll help us finish in the top 4 is Liverpool and Spurs going far in the Champions League while we get KOed by Barcelona. I know that sounds pessimistic but can't see us keeping up with them if we're having to compete on 3 fronts.

Okay, we didn't win the Arsenal and Barcelona games because of luck, that's 4. The 2 infamous defeats (the ones that led us to this position) were because of unfortunate circumstances, that makes it 6. If Morata's goal vs United counted who knows what could have happened, I genuinely believe we were unlucky for the most part there, that's 7. We've technically won the Norwich tie (mostly playing our 2nd team) so that makes it 9 games. This leaves the Leicester game where I don't think we were good enough to win. In my opinion that's the only game where we had no reasons for not winning.

Back to the top 4 race: As long as we are mathematically in it, we are in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Back to the top 4 race: As long as we are mathematically in it, we are in it.

Guess we can still win the title too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 4 is gone. I've already accepted it. Our best player and our manager will both be gone this summer as well. Our keeper who would likely go for a world record price for his position normally will have to be sold for peanuts because he's in the final year of his contract. Not really much to get excited about at the moment for us Chelsea fans.

Only two options for us this summer. Either Roman goes absolutely mental and buys us out of this mess or we appoint the perfect new manager and knock it our of the park with all of our new signings (that will all be bought from the second or third tier of the market). Without CL football we won't be competing with City or United for any top, top players and we knew that. But even Spuds and Liverpool will have bigger pull than us now. And good luck with our penny pinching board in a World Cup summer where the price for anyone performing well will skyrocket even more in an already mad market.

Then on top of our rivals all getting even stronger (while we lose 2 of our best players) we'll have the slog of the Europa League to contend with.

Fuck, this shit is depressing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Top 4 is gone. I've already accepted it. Our best player and our manager will both be gone this summer as well. Our keeper who would likely go for a world record price for his position normally will have to be sold for peanuts because he's in the final year of his contract. Not really much to get excited about at the moment for us Chelsea fans.

Only two options for us this summer. Either Roman goes absolutely mental and buys us out of this mess or we appoint the perfect new manager and knock it our of the park with all of our new signings (that will all be bought from the second or third tier of the market). Without CL football we won't be competing with City or United for any top, top players and we knew that. But even Spuds and Liverpool will have bigger pull than us now. And good luck with our penny pinching board in a World Cup summer where the price for anyone performing well will skyrocket even more in an already mad market.

Then on top of our rivals all getting even stronger (while we lose 2 of our best players) we'll have the slog of the Europa League to contend with.

Fuck, this shit is depressing.

Chill down Pizy. @Azpinator says we've been unlucky and we still can finish in the top 4! :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Top players... We struggled to attract and buy with champions league so this be fun.. Definitely Andy Carroll!! 

Every game a cup final starting with tommrow .. If we don't play how we have in cup finals... We have a shot. Just throw everything at them. Don't play Cahill.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we concede early and this goes the way it likely will (City having 80% possession and us barely threatening their goal at all) I'm just turining it off. Not sitting there wasting my time watching. I'll tune in to the Barca match in hopes of a 1 in a million miracle but if we go out of the CL there I'm done for the season. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Chill down Pizy. @Azpinator says we've been unlucky and we still can finish in the top 4! :ph34r:

Laugh all you want, I don't really care. I refuse to wallow in the mire when there is still hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we concede early and this goes the way it likely will (City having 80% possession and us barely threatening their goal at all) I'm just turining it off. Not sitting there wasting my time watching. I'll tune in to the Barca match in hopes of a 1 in a million miracle but if we go out of the CL there I'm done for the season. 

 

Nothing like loyalty is there mate?, Spare a minute for the poor fuckers who are going to the game tomorrow the weather is awful they will have paid for match tickets and train fares. Don't think they will be leaving after five minutes. You don't really get football I'm sorry soccer do you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Nothing like loyalty is there mate?, Spare a minute for the poor fuckers who are going to the game tomorrow the weather is awful they will have paid for match tickets and train fares. Don't think they will be leaving after five minutes. You don't really get football I'm sorry soccer do you?

Imagine becoming a supporter of a team only to stop watching after that team fails to make you happy. Lovely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Imagine becoming a supporter of a team only to stop watching after that team fails to make you happy. Lovely.

Imagine wasting my time watching a bunch of spoiled, rich athletes who can barely manage to show they really care. If they do care they'll win tomorrow no matter what it takes. If they don't, why bother making myself miserable watching a bunch of pointless matches? 

I don't want to watch a bunch of players who care less about the Chelsea shirt than I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imagine wasting my time watching a bunch of spoiled, rich athletes who can barely manage to show they really care. If they do care they'll win tomorrow no matter what it takes. If they don't, why bother making myself miserable watching a bunch of pointless matches? 

I don't want to watch a bunch of players who care less about the Chelsea shirt than I do.

You assume they don't care, and that caring and winning go hand in hand but that's not entirely true. You could care so much but still end up losing. Some players could not care about their club but still perform to the max for other reasons.

And you knew what you were getting yourself into when you started supporting Chelsea, a team that has a high chance of having many "spoiled rich athletes", unless someone forced you to.

If you do care so much about the Chelsea shirt you'd support the team in spite of all the players you don't like, through thick and thin. I don't know about you but my understanding is that the whole concept of being a supporter is to always believe until it's over. By your logic, every Chelsea fan should have stopped watching the "pointless matches" of 2012 after the sacking of AVB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Apples and oranges.

....how is that apples and oranges? You said we are still in the top 4 battle as it's mathematically possible. It's also mathematically possible for us to still win the league.

Unless a strange/out of place collapse from Spuds or Pool, (and we don't drop points ourselves) we ain't catching them. For goodness sake, our squad isn't as good as theirs and you know it. If we somehow manage to get top 4, it will be a miracle.

Two league wins in 2018! Two. And you think we have a chance? Loooollll. If we fail to beat City, forget top 4. Concentrate on the cups. 

The media are hacking Arsenal. They should hack us as well, since we aren't much better. Disgrace from the current champions. :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Imagine wasting my time watching a bunch of spoiled, rich athletes who can barely manage to show they really care. If they do care they'll win tomorrow no matter what it takes. If they don't, why bother making myself miserable watching a bunch of pointless matches? 

I don't want to watch a bunch of players who care less about the Chelsea shirt than I do.

Unfortunately this happens the world over, it's called glory hunting when ppl only want to support,or watch their team when they're playing well and or winning.

Sorry but it hurts watching CFC now but this is our club, so suffer with the rest of us poor souls, and take the good times if they ever arrive again.

It hurts like fuck watching Chelsea FC, I throw tantrums and remote controls ( can't get to matches) abuse the tv, just go fucking nuts raving and ranting, it's called being a football supporter lol

But through thick and thin they're still my club and always will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Imagine wasting my time watching a bunch of spoiled, rich athletes who can barely manage to show they really care. If they do care they'll win tomorrow no matter what it takes. If they don't, why bother making myself miserable watching a bunch of pointless matches? 

I don't want to watch a bunch of players who care less about the Chelsea shirt than I do.

Why do you moderate on a forum about something you don't care about?. The REIGNING CHAMPIONS are going through a sticky patch and you just think fuck it I can't be bothered. Your better off moderating on something you really care about like Game of Thrones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuckin reminds me of those up in MH got their laptops watching Youtubes and putting selfies on their FB pages. They dont know sod all about Chelsea. Yet come onto one of our busiest forums and the apathy is awful.

I dont look at Chelsea thru rose tinted shades but I do support them 100% and shout my damned fool head off whether Im at the game,in a pub or sitting in front of the telly. We might not like all the decisions/player selections/transfers etc but we cant do sod all about it.

I start every game thinking we will win and till it goes the full 90 this poor deluded git will always think we will.

 

Sorry guys but not in the mood for forum stuff cause me heads all over the place but my spirits here with ya and my heart out with the lads.

COME ON YOU FUCKIN BLUES!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...