Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Lol, any other club gets a recently turned 18 year old in the England squad they would forever be used as an example of how we should be doing things, I can only imagine the City/Pep wankfest and club bashing on here had Foden got called up before CHO.

Should he have played more? Yes, but ultimately he's made 20 ish appearances for us including a semi at Wembley and a cup final, and he's been called up on the back of it.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lol, any other club gets a recently turned 18 year old in the England squad they would forever be used as an example of how we should be doing things, I can only imagine the City/Pep wankfest and club bashing on here had Foden got called up before CHO.

Should he have played more? Yes, but ultimately he's made 20 appearances for us including a semi at Wembley and a cup final, and he's been called up on the back of it.

Yeah and if he stays he will have more time this summer since Hazard is leaving. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Unless we massively improve the midfield and fullbacks, it does not leave me enthusiastic about the possibility of CHO and Pulisic being our starting wingers next season. 

Assuming there's no movement on our ban, it's either that or Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers.

There will be some inconsistency naturally from two young players but with the right tactics there is a lot of potential having two very pacy, tricky and raw wingers.

CHO in particular I do think could become a world beater in time. 

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Assuming there's no movement on our ban, it's either that or Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers.

There will be some inconsistency naturally from two young players but with the right tactics there is a lot of potential having two very pacy, tricky and raw wingers.

Unlike Pulisic, CHO seems pretty good in the final 3rd so with a firing striker it might work.

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Willian has no right playing for a top club in any league IMO. Pedro is over the hill. 

I may actually suffer from chronic depression if I wake up one morning reading they were offered contract extensions.. Sad nightmare that may become a reality. 

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I wouldn't actually be against CHO and Willian starting together, they seem to have good chemistry with eachother on and off the pitch and seem to bring the best out of eachother (all be it against poor opposition dus far).

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

This only makes it worse when he leaves for Bayern in the summer.

I wouldn't say that is nailed on. If Hazard leaves, the board will probably keep CHO for the season, if he still has not signed a new contract imo and if we are frozen from buying players in summer, don't reckon we will sell him also. Also right now as it stands he is a Chelsea player and that is something we should all be proud of, that he has been fast-tracked into the England team and now he is starting.

Our board are thick, but they aren't thick enough to not see CHO's potential. The interest of Bayern and other clubs. International Debut. Performances and fans excitement when they see him. They know how valuable he is. 

I'm actually slightly optimistic about him staying, along with him signing a new contract. Improved contract and more 1st team chances could have him stay. 

I completely blame sarri on this one, simply because tactically there were games in which Odoi would have offered way more than Pedro or William, nevermind the age.

Breaking defences 1 on 1, accurate crossing and creating finishing chances are skills that Odoi has that would definitely help in games like Everton and wolves, where we don't have much space.

Not saying that Cho should start all games from now on, but sarri lack of technicality in the team selection doesn't just hurt Odoi but also our results.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't actually be against CHO and Willian starting together, they seem to have good chemistry with eachother on and off the pitch and seem to bring the best out of eachother (all be it against poor opposition dus far).

Pulisic will need time, so I wouldn't just discard Pedro and Willian. Both need to stay in my opinion if Hazard leaves in the summer and we cannot buy players.

In the right environment we could take a massive shift next season to trusting our younger group of players but that still needs experience in and around the squad to lean on and help them. 

I agree with the CHO and Willian comment and actually I would take it one further, to me it's always felt like Willian seems to play better without Hazard. Not sure if its just more space to shine, thriving from more responsibility or just plainly stepping up. 

To put it bluntly replacing Hazard is a near impossible task unless we got incredibly lucky with a new signing just clicking. It's like replacing Lampard's goals from midfield, was never going to happen. But it doesn't mean that the club won't recover in time. A big rebuilding job is needed anyway, coping without Hazard just adds extra to that job.

51 minutes ago, SadistChicken said:

Breaking defences 1 on 1, accurate crossing and creating finishing chances are skills that Odoi has that would definitely help in games like Everton

Sarri did put CHO on in the Everton game. So it seems that he is coming around.

I hate watching England with a passion, I hate everything International football but tonight has to be an exception with CHO starting.

For every dribble, take on and bit of good work I will sit there with a little smile on my face as he plots his way around the field, while in the process proving the Sarri is a shit house.

Go on Callum son.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is so embarrassing. Gets his first start for country but is unable to get a start in the PL.

Embarrassing.

start, the old smoker has played him 119 total minutes lolol

thats less than a game plus extra time if it was a cup tie