Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yawn

7 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

No...actually wanted Willian to stay....

Right. Any proof that isn't anecdotal? 

Far as I'm concerned Sarri has made it evident he has no say on who stays and who goes. Wtf are Cahill and Drinkwater still doing here then? 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right. Any proof that isn't anecdotal? 

Far as I'm concerned Sarri has made it evident he has no say on who stays and who goes. Wtf are Cahill and Drinkwater still doing here then? 

last summer Barca were very much interested taking Willian to camp nou coupled by 3 different bids upto last bid of €65m...reports were Sarri rated him so highly and definitely wants to keep him...nobody to match the wages Cahill and waterboy are earning here...

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

last summer Barca were very much interested taking Willian to camp nou coupled by 3 different bids upto last bid of €65m...reports were Sarri rated him so highly and definitely wants to keep him...nobody to match the wages Cahill and waterboy are earning here...

He barely came in the summer it's obvious why he wanted to keep Willian and assess the squad before doing anything.

7 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Last I read, it was the club that rated him highly 

23 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Worse team in the league, and we still do not play him. You can't even call it a risk anymore, it's not.

Fucking utterly disgraceful is what it is.

I think you can really see the reason. If he want to play across from hazard, he need to track back more like willian. Maybe I was wrong, but when he came on there was one occasion either he losed the ball or somebody in his area, instead of sprinting back, he was jogging. I was unhappy because when you are a young player want to impress, run hard first and then you can show your skill. 

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

I think you can really see the reason. If he want to play across from hazard, he need to track back more like willian. Maybe I was wrong, but when he came on there was one occasion either he losed the ball or somebody in his area, instead of sprinting back, he was jogging. I was unhappy because when you are a young player want to impress, run hard first and then you can show your skill. 

I see where you are coming from, but this is part of him learning. Alongside that, he needs to be played to learn.

Just now, Special Juan said:

I see where you are coming from, but this is part of him learning. Alongside that, he needs to be played to learn.

I agree with you but as a young player that is the first thing that you need to show be responsible defensively. After that you can show your skill. If he does not improve defensively he will struggle to get into the team unless we are playing a very weak opp. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

I agree with you but as a young player that is the first thing that you need to show be responsible defensively. After that you can show your skill. If he does not improve defensively he will struggle to get into the team unless we are playing a very weak opp. 

He never got in yesterday and this was against the weakest of opponents. He hasn't been allowed to show his skill, it's been in cameo roles.

Yesterday was a perfect game to allow him to prove what he has, yet we went with Willian. This was a very silly decision, for the simple reason we hardly had any defending to do not just in fore thought of the game but we knew we would have all of the ball., and if we did this was the team to play him against to show the manager both sides of his game.

I'm all for nurturing this kid in but not starting him against Huddersfield was silly and sort of sums up where we see him, and let's not forget we fought fucking Bayern off in this window to keep him, but for what?

This club have a lot of questions to ask in regards to this lad.

Odoi could just sign an extension just like hazard but they aiint.

Chelsea probably a bit annoyed with odoi and his agent re BM, We dont know how its being played behind the scenes

Can't blame Sarri, Above his head.

We need to offer our hand and if he still goes feck him.

As long as we make sensible offers and try to prevent letting go of good (esp acad) players, You can't do much else if a player wants out.

For all we know he could of played every game and still want out!

It's ridiculous that he hasn't started PL game yet!  Vinicius Junior is just a few months older than him and is starting weekly for biggest club in the world. And he's not even academy product of Madrid. If Sarri don't come to common sense very soon teams like Bayern we'll be more than happy to do so. 

43 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's ridiculous that he hasn't started PL game yet!  Vinicius Junior is just a few months older than him and is starting weekly for biggest club in the world. And he's not even academy product of Madrid. If Sarri don't come to common sense very soon teams like Bayern we'll be more than happy to do so. 

The difference is that Real paid 60m for Vinicius and thus have to play him^^

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Expert reveals why Chelsea refused to sell Hudson-Odoi despite asking price being met

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/757760/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-Chelsea-transfer-news

The claims in this article seem so inaccurate. Supporter backlash my arse. We didn’t sell him because we see him playing a big part in our future. Sarri even said so. Also, why would CHO give Bayern his word in writing? That would be incredibly stupid on his behalf. What if Real Madrid or Barcelona come knocking? What if we make an improved contract offer that is too good to refuse? What if Bayern Munich miss out on CL and we make it? What if Hazard leaves and we guarantee CHO a starting position? What if Kovac is sacked and the new manager plays a system without wingers (e.g. 352, 41212, etc.)? There are an endless amount scenarios that could happen between now and the end of the season that could change his mind. You’d be stupid to make any sort of commitment in writing at this point in time. His manager would surely advise him against doing such a thing.

CHO is a fool going to Bayern, unless he wants to be a RW, which is so NOT his best position, cuz his ass isnt going to bench their LWers

Bayern just won now 3 2 v Hertha

03abf2b1b7c9227b7f1d83c62357ebd1.png

Coman (was injured) has 3 goals 2 assists in 6 full games minutes  22yo

Gnabry has 6 goals, 5 assists in 12 full games minutes   23yo

and they also have 

Alphonso Davies, 18yo they just bought from Vancouver at LW too

If Eden goes and Sarri can convince CHO to stay, think he will be given more minutes although we will still strengthen that area. Pulisic, Willian, Pedro, CHO not sorst options but can see us signing another player with Willians contract dispute being news and Pedro being 31 or 32.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

CHO is a fool going to Bayern, unless he wants to be a RW, which is so NOT his best position, cuz his ass isnt going to bench their LWers

Bayern just won now 3 2 v Hertha

03abf2b1b7c9227b7f1d83c62357ebd1.png

Coman (was injured) has 3 goals 2 assists in 6 full games minutes  22yo

Gnabry has 6 goals, 5 assists in 12 full games minutes   23yo

and they also have 

Alphonso Davies, 18yo they just bought from Vancouver at LW too

Bayern have been doing this, IMO.  They buy a lot of young players and hope that some of them turn out.  They've bought Sanches, Tolisso, then Goretzka in consecutive summers.  They've got Gnabry, Coman, Davies, and tried for CHO.  It's not a bad strategy, since you can still sell the players you don't want, but it's hardly a "we want to build around you" kind of a situation.