Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

4 hours ago, whats happening said:

nope, he should go on a loan and play every game instead of every 10th game coming in as a sub in the last five mintues.

Bro. He should be starting over Willian and Pedro. He is the second best winger we have at our club. Eden being the first obviously. Fuck age. Just a number. He plays like a seasoned pro.

10 hours ago, DDA said:

Bro. He should be starting over Willian and Pedro. He is the second best winger we have at our club. Eden being the first obviously. Fuck age. Just a number. He plays like a seasoned pro.

he's is not better than pedro or willian

He should go on loan somewhere unless Willian is sold (which I doubt) - Willian and Pedro will be fighting for the right spot while Hazard will take the left. If Hazard gets injured, Pedro goes to left and Willian will be first choice for RW.

It's unfortunate but I don't think this is a season for youth, that's maybe what Sarri meant in his recent quotes. We are learning a new system, even our experienced players are going to be adapting, it's not the right time to bring them through.

25 minutes ago, whats happening said:

he's is not better than pedro or willian

I beg to differ.

He is ready to take the league by storm.

We need to cut the bullshut with loaning players because of their age. They can fucking develoo here at the club.. give them minutes.

Did Barca loan Messi out???

Did United loan Ronaldo out??

I rest my case 

5 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

He should go on loan somewhere unless Willian is sold (which I doubt) - Willian and Pedro will be fighting for the right spot while Hazard will take the left. If Hazard gets injured, Pedro goes to left and Willian will be first choice for RW.

It's unfortunate but I don't think this is a season for youth, that's maybe what Sarri meant in his recent quotes. We are learning a new system, even our experienced players are going to be adapting, it's not the right time to bring them through.

Its the perfect time to use Odoi. Intergrate a young hungry player into a new system from the start. What could be more ideal than that?? Seriously some of you guys are brainwashed by some sort of 'footballing protocoll'. 

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

I beg to differ.

He is ready to take the league by storm.

We need to cut the bullshut with loaning players because of their age. They can fucking develoo here at the club.. give them minutes.

Did Barca loan Messi out???

Did United loan Ronaldo out??

I rest my case 

ye ok, didnt know we have the next messi in our squad, sorry

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

ye ok, didnt know we have the next messi in our squad, sorry

we could have had him:(

Kylian Mbappe reveals details of Chelsea trial as 11-year-old starred in scoolboy win over Charlton

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4408247/kylian-mbappe-chelsea-trial-arsenal/

kylian-mbappe-2.jpg?strip=all&w=960

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

Its the perfect time to use Odoi. Intergrate a young hungry player into a new system from the start. What could be more ideal than that?? Seriously some of you guys are brainwashed by some sort of 'footballing protocoll'. 

I think your the one being brainwashed into thinking a 17 year old is going to come in and replace one of our best players of the last few years. While I rate CHO and hope he has a future here, currently he is nowhere near the level of Pedro and Willian, a few spins and an assist isn't going to change my mind either. 

We can't take risks like that if we are pushing for CL places, I get the point it would be good for him to learn from the start but personally I think it would be better for him to go out and play more games somewhere else.

Sure, if we were to make a few adjustments to our team, Willian gets sold etc he could have a spot this season but it won't be as a first choice.

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

You can't take risks like that if we are pushing for CL places, 

If this transfer window (and the whole general direction of the club for the last year) is what a club pushing for CL places looks like,then I think we must think the entire top half of the EPL table qualifies for the CL.

We have but added one new diamond to a broken bracelet that loses more lustre and links each week. We also brought in a new jewellery salesman and expect him to sell that broken bracelet for double the price the last salesman tried to and failed to do, and that was when it was in far better shape. As incentive, we are offering customers a 38 year old free box of Green candy.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If this transfer window (and the whole general direction of the club for the last year) is what a club pushing for CL places looks like,then I think we must think the entire top half of the EPL table qualifies for the CL.

We have but added one new diamond to a broken bracelet that loses more lustre and links each week. We also brought in a new jewellery salesman and expect him to sell that broken bracelet for double the price the last salesman tried to and failed to do, and that was when it was in far better shape. As incentive, we are offering customers a 38 year old free box of Green candy.

The Green candy (decision) isn't THAT bad, but it kind of tastes like Butterfinger (for you non-NA members, image included)

Image result for butterfinger

It's home-grown, organically.  It's not going to keep, but it temporarily improves our numbers.  Causes fewer heart attacks than the Argentinian candy which is straight up bad for your health and will rot your teeth.

Last summer was a big problem.  We bought some diamonds for the bracelet, and they turned out to be fakes.  The problem you run in to with a store like ours, where you try to break even, is that you can't afford to buy any duds.  Last year we bought 6 gems.  3 of them ended up being fakes.  The jury is still out on 2 of them, and the last one is pretty good (IMO).  That's an effect that will be felt on the bottom line for years to come.

I think I've taken this analogy about as far as I can go.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I don't understand your point, so your suggesting we are not a team that is competing for CL spots? 

We have so far, rejected massive bids for our best players, now you can speculate that we did it because we were trying to milk more money and our plan backfired, or you could believe that we want to keep our best players to compete for CL spots. If the club had no ambition, you really think we would be waiting for players like Kante and Hazard to return.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The Green candy (decision) isn't THAT bad, but it kind of tastes like Butterfinger (for you non-NA members, image included)

Image result for butterfinger

It's home-grown, organically.  It's not going to keep, but it temporarily improves our numbers.  Causes fewer heart attacks than the Argentinian candy which is straight up bad for your health and will rot your teeth.

Last summer was a big problem.  We bought some diamonds for the bracelet, and they turned out to be fakes.  The problem you run in to with a store like ours, where you try to break even, is that you can't afford to buy any duds.  Last year we bought 6 gems.  3 of them ended up being fakes.  The jury is still out on 2 of them, and the last one is pretty good (IMO).  That's an effect that will be felt on the bottom line for years to come.

I think I've taken this analogy about as far as I can go.

yPA8g0w.jpg:D

1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

I don't understand your point, so your suggesting we are not a team that is competing for CL spots? 

We have so far, rejected massive bids for our best players, now you can speculate that we did it because we were trying to milk more money and our plan backfired, or you could believe that we want to keep our best players to compete for CL spots. If the club had no ambition, you really think we would be waiting for players like Kante and Hazard to return.

to move forward, you have to do more than just retain territory already possessed

my gran could have accomplished what we have done (not sell Hazard and Courtois and Kante, one of which we will lsoe on a free next summer, and quite possible sell the other then for £50- 100m less than we could have gotten now)

all she would have had to do was not answer the phone

Also we will have lost another  75 to 100m plus or so in combined resale value on the ageing (all the following are over 30 or next summer will be damn close to it) Alonso, Willian, Luiz, Fàbregas, Drinkwater, Pedro, Giroud and the younger Moses and bakayoko (who will never be worth more than now as long as we have them)

Add up the £80m courtois is worth and we will get nothing on a free or next to nothing if we sell him in January, the 50 to 100m (I split difference and call it £75m less)  we get for Hazard (IF he doesn't re-sign)  and the 75ishm in lost value from the rest

that's well over £200m LESS cash we will have, just for sitting on our asses (and they STILL will need to be replaced, in an even more expensive market than thsi summer's)

that's pure loss, all from poor management

That doesnt even count the £75-100m plus we lost not qualifying for the CL 

it isnt surprising that Abramovich has lost 16 billion of his £25 or so billion net worth in the last last 5 to 7 years (he is down to £8.93 billion as of Jan1, 2018), if his team building skills (both in executive suite and on the field) are any reflection

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

to move forward, you have to do more than just retain territory already possessed

my gran could have accomplished what we have done (not sell Hazard and Courtois and Kante, one of which we will lsoe on a free next summer, and quite possible sell the other then for £50- 100m less than we could have gotten now)

all she would have had to do was not answer the phone

Also we will have lost another  75 to 100m plus or so in combined resale value on the ageing (all the following are over 30 or next summer will be damn close to it) Alonso, Willian, Luiz, Fàbregas, Drinkwater, Pedro, Giroud and the younger Moses and bakayoko (who will never be worth more than now as long as we have them)

Add up the £80m courtois is worth and we will get nothing on a free or next to nothing if we sell him in January, the 50 to 100m (I split difference and call it £75m less)  we get for Hazard (IF he doesn't re-sign)  and the 75ishm in lost value from the rest

that's well over £200m LESS cash we will have, just for sitting on our asses (and they STILL will need to be replaced, in an even more expensive market than thsi summer's)

that's pure loss, all from poor management

That doesnt even count the £75-100m plus we lost not qualifying for the CL 

it isnt surprising that Abramovich has lost 16 billion of his £25 or so billion net work in the last last 5 to 7 years (he is down to £8.93 billion as of Jan1, 2018), if his team building skills (both in executive suite and on the field) are any reflection

To work out that many sales this season would be outrageous. To gut a squad while also bringing in a new manager as well as not have CL football - a simple must have to some players - we can't have so much change.

Plus with the whole mystery over Romans' influence over transfers, finances into the club, etc. again would make any sales and purchases hard to come by.

We still don't know how the players will be with Sarri's approach, we are still left in dark in negotiations with the two big Belgiums.

In the end, we can't quite losses as it is harder now then ever to predict the transfer window prices.

Personally I would allow Sarri to mark who he thinks is not useful to his system, sell them and then go from there. But again, we have three/four days between the WC players arrive and the end of the window so it's all shitty timings.