Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

47 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

When's the last time Bayern, or anyone for that matter, have come in hard for a just turned 18 year old?  We have a Bayern supporter telling us this bid is almost a record bid for them.  All this seems odd to me so I look at possible scenarios that might make sense out of it.

It's not everyday that Bayern needed to replace such wing legends like Ribery and Robben. We're talking about the best LW and the best RW in the club history, who are both leaving the club in summer. A partnership that lasted a decade (and Ribery has been at the club for a bit longer). So yes, it's obviously going to look 'odd' because it's not an ordinary situation for Bayern, especially when the club has spent resources into planning a squad to operate through the wings.

That said I read Chelsea set their asking price for Eden Hazard at £100m... I'd much rather spend £100m on Hazard than £35m on Hudson-Odoi, if the finances allow it.

In the meantime, this is somewhat related to Hudson-Odoi:

56 minutes ago, MUTU said:

It's not everyday that Bayern needed to replace such wing legends like Ribery and Robben. We're talking about the best LW and the best RW in the club history, who are both leaving the club in summer. A partnership that lasted a decade (and Ribery has been at the club for a bit longer). So yes, it's obviously going to look 'odd' because it's not an ordinary situation for Bayern, especially when the club has spent resources into planning a squad to operate through the wings.

That said I read Chelsea set their asking price for Eden Hazard at £100m... I'd much rather spend £100m on Hazard than £35m on Hudson-Odoi, if the finances allow it.

In the meantime, this is somewhat related to Hudson-Odoi:

The difference here is that at 18 years old, Callum has a chance of making it in the first 11, recently he’s starting games and is getting minutes and attention, these city youngsters are not even part of the squad for most games, Pep probably doesn’t even acknowledge some of them. they want to go because they are nowhere near close to breaking through to the first 11.

5 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

these city youngsters are not even part of the city squad for most games, they want to go because they are nowhere near close to breaking through to the first 11.

So... like Sancho?

I get what you're saying and this is a low-profile rumour so even if he comes I'd assume he'd be for the reserve squad (U23s), but who's to say he won't develop in future? For one I can't say myself since I've only seen a photograph of him :)

27 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

The difference here is that at 18 years old, Callum has a chance of making it in the first 11, recently he’s starting games and is getting minutes and attention, these city youngsters are not even part of the squad for most games, Pep probably doesn’t even acknowledge some of them. they want to go because they are nowhere near close to breaking through to the first 11.

That lad wasn't a starter in any of the City sides that faced Chelsea in three of the last four FA Youth Cup Finals. Granted he'd only have been old enough for two of them but you'd have thought that, if he has the quality needed at  Bayern, he should have been starting in those games. If this story is true, could Bayern be operating an accumulate to speculate policy? 

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If this story is true, could Bayern be operating an accumulate to speculate policy? 

With the signing of the kid from MLS, the CHO story, and this, it certainly looks likely.

7 minutes ago, MUTU said:

The "kid from MLS" has a name, he's Alphonso Davies and he'll take the world by storm soon, so remember the name :cig:

No disrespect meant.  

On another note, if he's going to take the world by storm soon, what's the rush to sign CHO?

14 minutes ago, MUTU said:

There's two wings son :)

Yes.  But Bayern seem to be wanting this deal done in January.  At the moment you still have Ribbery and Robben.  Not sure of injury status of your players but Coman and Gnabry as well.  Plus Davies.  And then next season you take out Ribbery and Robben but undoubtedly add others to the mix as well.  I just don't see the need for a rush deal on your end.

7 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Yes.  But Bayern seem to be wanting this deal done in January.  At the moment you still have Ribbery and Robben.  Not sure of injury status of your players but Coman and Gnabry as well.  Plus Davies.  And then next season you take out Ribbery and Robben but undoubtedly add others to the mix as well.  I just don't see the need for a rush deal on your end.

Because Ribery, Robben, Coman and Gnabry are injury prone. Not sure about Davies. For example, at the moment both Ribery and Robben are out, so we're effectively down to 3 wingers. We're still participating in 3 competitions (even though we're likely to not play more than 2 more CL matches) whilst playing catch-up with BVB. Also, am of the impression (might be very wrong) that the opponents of the Bayern reserves, which play in the 4th tier division Regionalliga Bayern are better than the opponents that Chelsea U23 typically face. Plus, it's always better to get a player in earlier and get him to integrate with the teammates, build up chemistry, learn the language etc.

7 hours ago, MUTU said:

^ Wow, that's a REALLY long post. I only have time to answer parts of it.

Re: Alaba, he's IMO not even the best Bundesliga LB anymore. I really like Augsburg's Philipp Max (which you didn't mention, but he gets an insanely high amount of assists), and then there's (almost) everyone's favourite Marcelo. Alaba used to be insanely good, but he's not at his peak level anymore despite his ideal age.

Agreed re Kimmich and Boateng. Hummels is debatable given that he's always been slow, but he is indeed getting more exposed, but I think that has more to do with tactics than anything else. It's ridiculous playing such a high defense line when your opponents have much faster forwards than your defenders, it goes without saying.

Not a mega fan of Pavard, am more excited by the prospect of Lucas Hernandez to be honest.

Now re left-footed wingers. It depends what you want to do. If you want a pure winger, that is the type that hugs the touchline and sends in a cross, you need to have a left-footed winger on the left and a right-footed winger on the right. If you want them to cut inside looking for a low pass or a shot, then you need inverted wingers (left-footed winger on the right). You're right, we need right wingers. So far, out of our current 5 wingers, only Robben prefers playing on the right.

Upamecano is a good one, but it's not easy to get players from RB Leipzig. They don't want to sell, and their first sign of cracking could be with Werner.

I did not add Lucas Hernandez as you have not closed the deal. As a dual back, far better than even Pavard. Only player on planet who is top 2 or 3 in one position, LB, and top 10 in another, CB.

Only £72m release clause. I hate that our board made zero effort. As we need a world class LB (I dont like Alonso) and also CB depth for sure. Wish you lot were coming after him (Alonso) and not CHO. Same £40 price and he is all yours, lolol.

What do you think of the 5 young CB's I listed in the first post?

13 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Because Ribery, Robben, Coman and Gnabry are injury prone. Not sure about Davies. For example, at the moment both Ribery and Robben are out, so we're effectively down to 3 wingers. We're still participating in 3 competitions (even though we're likely to not play more than 2 more CL matches) whilst playing catch-up with BVB. Also, am of the impression (might be very wrong) that the opponents of the Bayern reserves, which play in the 4th tier division Regionalliga Bayern are better than the opponents that Chelsea U23 typically face. Plus, it's always better to get a player in earlier and get him to integrate with the teammates, build up chemistry, learn the language etc.

Understood and agreed on the integration part.  Guess we'll see how it all plays out.

15 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Hasan Salihamidžić on Hudson-Odoi: "We want to sign the player. I'm fully convinced of his abilities. We are in talks with Chelsea"

Here comes Bayern Munich telling Callum they are fully convinced of his abilities. Meanwhile his boyhood club had been saying he wasn't ready and was forced to watch a washed up emoji warrior miscontrol the ball until the club was forced to insincerely change their rhetoric. I'm not at all surprised if CHO's head's turned.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Here comes Bayern Munich telling Callum they are fully convinced of his abilities. Meanwhile his boyhood club had been saying he wasn't ready and was forced to watch a washed up emoji warrior miscontrol the ball until the club was forced to insincerely change their rhetoric. I'm not at all surprised if CHO's head's turned.

But wtf does he expect? CHO's first season of senior football and he has already 945 minutes with half the season remaining. Compare that to Sancho who only had 695 minutes his first season in Dortmund. CHO is playing and will be playing more. If he doesn't wanna stay and keep fighting then we should just shove him down to the youth team again and let him be there for the next 18 months of his contract. 

20 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

But wtf does he expect? CHO's first season of senior football and he has already 945 minutes with half the season remaining. Compare that to Sancho who only had 695 minutes his first season in Dortmund. CHO is playing and will be playing more. If he doesn't wanna stay and keep fighting then we should just shove him down to the youth team again and let him be there for the next 18 months of his contract. 

Yeah, agree with the first part, but that doesn't change that BM's lure might be big enough to turn his head. Don't agree with the last part, that wouldn't benefit anybody and would be pettily spiteful... If he wants to leave, then it would benefit us more to get as much money as possible for him.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Exactly what I said using better words lol

Hes got these agents,advisors,family etc all telling him hes the 2nd coming and deserves to play at the highest level every week.

Instead of having someone here like JT telling him some home truths and chilling him out.

Of course hes going.