Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

8 hours ago, kc_blue said:

Where are you getting this from?  Are there quotes to that affect or is this just from the number of articles out there?  From my perspective, perhaps biased of course, it just looks like he's using this to his advantage to get the best and most he can out of the club.  It could well turn out that he really wants to go but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to that conclusion yet.

I think its clear or he would have renewed by now. He will be on a good deal anyway like most youngsters at Chelsea. Its not a matter of money clearly its about playing time. If you cant see that then I don't know.

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think its clear or he would have renewed by now. He will be on a good deal anyway like most youngsters at Chelsea. Its not a matter of money clearly its about playing time. If you cant see that then I don't know.

Why don’t we play him more often then? 

6 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I guess you need to ask Maurizio Sarri and (commenting way out of my depth here so please excuse me) Joe Edwards given he didn't play that much for the U23s either (though again, not sure what the reasons are).

7 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Obviously Sarri prefers using Hazard, Willian, Pedro, RLC on the right/left ahead of him. I don't know what else it could be. If I was in his shoes Id consider the same tbf although looking at it, he wont play week in week out at Bayern in my eyes either. 

1 minute ago, MUTU said:

I guess you need to ask Maurizio Sarri and (commenting way out of my depth here so please excuse me) Joe Edwards given he didn't play that much for the U23s either (though again, not sure what the reasons are).

He is considered a permanent member of the first team squad I would say so honestly I'd be surprised if he plays u23s very often. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is considered a permanent member of the first team squad I would say so honestly I'd be surprised if he plays u23s very often. 

Before Bayern were rumoured to be interested, CHO had mostly played for the U23s this season, and not often either, and this is including dead rubber Europa League matches. What's the point of having your most promising teenager hardly playing at all? If he's not showing up for the senior squad, which I can understand, playing for the U23s would hardly be stifling his development, would it? Surely better than him staying at home playing on the PlayStation or something...

Just now, MUTU said:

Before Bayern were rumoured to be interested, CHO had almost exclusively only played for the U23s this season, and not often either. What's the point of having your most promising teenager hardly playing at all? If he's not showing up for the senior squad, which I can understand, playing for the U23s would hardly be stifling his development, would it? Surely better than him staying at home playing on the PlayStation or something...

Perhaps but again u23s level probably isnt as beneficial to him as some of the lads being used. We have seen CHO can hold his own in the cup games at a higher level. Gap between first team and U23 is incredibly huge.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but again u23s level probably isnt as beneficial to him as some of the lads being used. We have seen CHO can hold his own in the cup games at a higher level. Gap between first team and U23 is incredibly huge.

The gap is always big, it's the same around everywhere. However I strongly believe that 18 year olds need to play. The higher the level, the better it is for their development, but playing at a low level is still preferable to nothing. He's not going to improve just by showing up at training, and it's unfair on him being given playing minutes for the senior team whilst he's lacking match sharpness.

He should be playing regularly. If he's needed for the first team, he plays for the first team. If he's not needed there, he plays for the U23s.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Obviously Sarri prefers using Hazard, Willian, Pedro, RLC on the right/left ahead of him. I don't know what else it could be. If I was in his shoes Id consider the same tbf although looking at it, he wont play week in week out at Bayern in my eyes either. 

You're right. At Bayern if he moves in January he'll find Ribery and Robben (who'll move on at the end of this season) along with Coman and Gnabry ahead of him in the pecking order, and new entrant Alphonso Davies who I feel would be around the same level (the hype around Davies is becoming almost unbearable). That's 4-5 players ahead of him. That said, I'm quite sure that he would be asked to play for the Bayern U23s every now and then, if anything to retain match fitness, and next season there would only be 2-3 players ahead of him.

16 hours ago, MUTU said:

What about Matty Lawless?

It is funny that we are often at such loggerheads as I am one of the biggest Bundesliga fans here. I think it is arguably the most exciting league to watch from a pure playing style perspective and there are SO many Bundesliga players I would love to have or rate a tonne.

I rate (no we have no chance at either, in fact I never bother targeting Bayern at all)

Alaba as best LB and best fullback in world

Kimmich as best RB in the world

Niklas Süle is a top 15 CB, I do NOT rate Hummels at all, so so slow, his legs are gone, plus he makes stupid mistakes all of sudden, when he used to be impeccable and Boateng is a shell of the player he was. You need CB upgrades bad, you are shockingly in worse shape there than us, which is crazy to say that about a Bayern team

You got a STEAL in Benjamin Pavard  for only £31m. He is a great CB and also a great RB, I love double duty players, he was long a target of mine for us, so you are partially fixed, but you need another top one, for cover.

Only other players you have I like (not possible to get any)

are

Lewandowski (3rd best striker still on planet, after Kane and Icardi, but is too old to chase for a buy) still INSANELY GOOD, I might be able to make that case that thsi one last year he IS the best

Goreztka (we fucked up the year before you made agreement with him, could have signed him, grrr, that was nothing to do with you directly, it was our shit board)

Thiago (soon 28 so too old to try and buy anyway, as next season is his last full under 30yo one) hell of player, top 15 CMF, great playmaker, I rate him equal of Pjanic from Juve (huge praise)

Corentin Tolisso, (the one we most bollocksed up the transfer of (our worst of any you have by far) not getting him and/or Nainggolan, and Alex Sandro destroyed Conte's last year with us, you killed us getting him , but I do not blame you at all, I blame our SHIT board

And, finally at winger

LW Kingsley Coman (great player, just injury prone)

and your newbie, Alphonso Davies, also LW listed

which is confusing as he is LEFT-FOOTED, so why is he playing on the left?

also, if he is simply better there, AND you have Coman at LW, AND , AND you have ANOTHER LW too, Serge Gnabry

WTF are you in need of CHO for???

You need RIGHT WINGERS, CHO is pretty much a LW

oki, done with Bayern rants

you have no one else who I like (Robben retires from you, and James goes back to Real)

lets do Bundesliga CB's and Fullbacks now

CB's I wish we would have a go at

In order

Dayot Upamecano   RB Leipzig  Pure beast, instant star here, but RB want 100m euros!

Manuel Akanji   Borrussia Dortmund  Super silky ball playing CB, would be perfect for Sarriball, badly injured though ATM (I am sure you are not shedding tears over that, lolol)

then 5 huge young powerhouses (would love to hear your opinion of these 5)

Evan N'Dicka   Eintracht Frankfurt 

Jordan Torunarigha    Hertha Berlin

Felix Uduokhai   VfL Wolfsburg

Dan-Axel Zagadou     Borussia Dortmund

Ibrahima Konaté     RB Leipzig

others I rate but have not really said BUY

Jonathan Tah    Bayer Leverkusen

Abdou Diallo  Borussia Dortmund

Nico Elvedi      Borussia Mönchengladbach

Matthias Ginter       Borussia Mönchengladbach

Niklas Stark      Hertha Berlin

Panagiotis Retsos      Bayer Leverkusen

Waldemar Anton      Hannover 96

Moussa Niakhaté       Mainz 05

Kevin Akpoguma      Hannover 96

Kasim Adams    TSG Hoffenheim

LB is easy

only one I actually rate as good enough for us (and there are plenty better elsewhere, he isnt in my top 10 or so) other than Alaba (obviously impossible)

is

Wendell      Bayer Leverkusen

there are 4 young ones who have good potential

Borna Sosa   Stuttgart
Marcelo Saracchi   RB Leipzig    
Aarón Martín        Mainz 05
Hamza Mendyl     Schalke 04    

RB is easy too and better

2 of my 3 top remotely available RB targets for us in world (along with another, non Bundeliga RB, João Cancelo of Juventus)

are

Achraf Hakimi      superb player soon top 5 RB n world IMHO, on loan from Real Madrid at Borussia Dortmund (only way I see getting him is via a demand in the Hazard deal)

and
Valentino Lazaro   Hertha Berlin (best Austrian player since Alaba,  in any position) he also can play MF and winger, superb athlete, I think we should go all out, he will be affordable too, very very under the radar

I also rate
Nordi Mukiele    RB Leipzig a lot too

along with an ex Bayer Leverkusen player, Benjamin Henrichs, now at Monaco

and finally, I USED to rate Jeremy Toljan high high, when he was at Hoffenheim, but shit, has he collapsed at Borussia Dortmund, wow, what the hell happened?

I will do Midfielders, Wingers, and Strikers in the next one

^ Wow, that's a REALLY long post. I only have time to answer parts of it.

Re: Alaba, he's IMO not even the best Bundesliga LB anymore. I really like Augsburg's Philipp Max (which you didn't mention, but he gets an insanely high amount of assists), and then there's (almost) everyone's favourite Marcelo. Alaba used to be insanely good, but he's not at his peak level anymore despite his ideal age.

Agreed re Kimmich and Boateng. Hummels is debatable given that he's always been slow, but he is indeed getting more exposed, but I think that has more to do with tactics than anything else. It's ridiculous playing such a high defense line when your opponents have much faster forwards than your defenders, it goes without saying.

Not a mega fan of Pavard, am more excited by the prospect of Lucas Hernandez to be honest.

Now re left-footed wingers. It depends what you want to do. If you want a pure winger, that is the type that hugs the touchline and sends in a cross, you need to have a left-footed winger on the left and a right-footed winger on the right. If you want them to cut inside looking for a low pass or a shot, then you need inverted wingers (left-footed winger on the right). You're right, we need right wingers. So far, out of our current 5 wingers, only Robben prefers playing on the right.

Upamecano is a good one, but it's not easy to get players from RB Leipzig. They don't want to sell, and their first sign of cracking could be with Werner.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

So you could place a lot of the blame on Sarri if CHO leaves due to his reluctance to play him?

Just now, Dazzy_Vance said:

So you could place a lot of the blame on Sarri if CHO leaves due to his reluctance to play him?

Maybe.

Or maybe CHOs advisors should tell him he is finally getting regularly involved, maybe hold off to the summer before deciding, maybe not.

For me, its 6 and two 3s. He will more than likely leave anyway. Think Bayerns interest may have swayed him as well as Sancho and Nelsons playing regularly over there.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

CHOs advisors should tell him he is finally getting regularly involved

I saw a comparison, which is not mine, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with. It goes like this:

Chelsea was compared to a kid/toddler in a playground having a toy that he's not playing with.
Suddenly another kid (Bayern) comes along and shows interest in playing with the first kid's toy.
The first kid shouts "no! it's mine!" and begrudgingly plays a bit with the toy to show the second kid.

Question is... once the second kid gives up and leaves, would the first kid continue playing with the toy he wasn't playing with beforehand, or would he discard it again the moment the second kid walks off?

23 minutes ago, MUTU said:

I saw a comparison, which is not mine, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with. It goes like this:

Chelsea was compared to a kid/toddler in a playground having a toy that he's not playing with.
Suddenly another kid (Bayern) comes along and shows interest in playing with the first kid's toy.
The first kid shouts "no! it's mine!" and begrudgingly plays a bit with the toy to show the second kid.

Question is... once the second kid gives up and leaves, would the first kid continue playing with the toy he wasn't playing with beforehand, or would he discard it again the moment the second kid walks off?

Yeah its something along that lines.

I think CHO seen this coming regarding not playing regularly anyway. In 2018, he only signed a 2 year pro deal which is believed to only have been that long due to Chelseas record with bringing players through. Hes obviously a smart kid, who has been well advised (if it was at another club we'd all agree), how often do you see youngsters sign 5 year deals and not play a lot for 2 or 3 years of it before being sold off? 

If he will actually play regularly at Bayern is another story but

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6584995/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-wants-allowed-join-Bayern-Munich-35m-deal.html

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Obviously play time is a factor.  I don't think anything is clear in this case though.  I'm not a mind reader though and so far I have yet to see anything reported that has actual quotes.  All I've seen are reports out of Germany, possible agenda there,  When's the last time Bayern, or anyone for that matter, have come in hard for a just turned 18 year old?  We have a Bayern supporter telling us this bid is almost a record bid for them.  All this seems odd to me so I look at possible scenarios that might make sense out of it.  Of course money and playing time are factors, less so seems to be the fact he's recently turned 18 and breaking into the first team at the club he's been at for the past 10 years.  Maybe he doesn't really care much for the club but I also find that hard to believe as well.  Agents and advisors stirring the pot does make sense.  Does that mean there's nothing to this or that he won't end up signing for Bayern or some other team in the future?  No, it doesn't.  I just think we all seem pretty quick to jump on this story and take it at face value without really thinking about what's behind it.  Who knows, I'm probably full of it.