Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

23 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Try to imagine how we couldn't believe our luck when Lahm retired (even earlier than was expected) and Kimmich turned out to be so wonderful a replacement. He was literally playing in the 2nd division. That's why sometimes you just need to throw a youngster in at the deep end. What works against English clubs, in my opinion, a factor that is not talked about much, is the media. The English media has the knack of hyping up a player, putting extra pressure on him, and then slam him down when he fails to meet expectations. Youngsters need time to develop and will have their ups and downs. They don't just need managers to trust in them, but they also need the media to get off their backs. Unfortunately for you, this is more of a cultural thing and not in your club's direct control, but I think it *is* a factor.

Lahm was truly a great player and captain, reminded me a lot of Zanetti for Inter, could play anywhere in defense and also in midfield, had a good eye for a pass and goal, and also played way past their 30's, a rare breed of hardworking, versatile and tireless players. Kimmich is another one that impressed me a lot, never imagined he would be a great hit at Bayern, great find indeed.

The way some young english players are overhyped by the media, specially if they are really talented and represent top clubs, they put too much expectation in to these lads only for them to have even more pressure to succeed, in some ways it hinders their development when they dont meet expectations. They should be allowed to enjoy their football and development with their clubs without too much interference, but i guess it comes with the job.

30 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Well, if you close your eyes to this season, I would agree with you, even though the word "competitive" is misused. In purely technical terms, the Bundesliga is one of the most competitive leagues around (i.e. how close teams are to one another), but the Bundesliga winner is more predictable. The point still remains though: next preseason Bayern will have higher bookmaker odds of lifting a trophy.

There was no misuse of the word competitive and i'm not getting in to a Premier League vs Bundesliga debate, there isn't one to have in my opinion. The use of the word competitive is well justified when speaking about the BPL.

33 minutes ago, MUTU said:

That's exactly how it is. You just need to inform them in writing. I understand your confusion because in intra-Premier League transfers there are other extra regulations, including that permission is needed to be granted, but that's extra over and above the FIFA regulations and would only apply if, say, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in negotiating a contract with Hudson-Odoi, not Bayern.

Thank you for pointing that out, I wasn't aware of this, appreciate the information :)

34 minutes ago, MUTU said:

I'm going by the newspapers, yes. The same newspapers that sniffed out the interest before Bayern made it public. I understand that a lot of what's written in newspapers is bogus, made up or just downright ridiculous, but in this case we have multiple sources all saying the same thing, and going as far as naming the shirt number #10 that he was promised. It could all be untrue, and everyone's free to believe what they want, but it's not something that *I* made up or assumed, that's what I'm trying to say.

It's not that i'm saying you made anything up, it's the way you are adamant this and that is happening and CHO has to leave because the fans and dressing room have turned on him etc when really, you said it yourself, it could all be untrue and is just speculation, which is what I said in the first place :)

36 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Don't be naive to assume Bayern have no say. They're the ones making the bids and they're the ones who can convince CHO to sit out the rest of his contract (which, in my opinion, satisfies neither of the three parties). Yes, Chelsea have more power on his imminent future but which club has more power on where CHO will play in season 2020/21 is not obviously clear.

What say do you have in this? You've submitted a bid, there is nothing else you can do but wait... it is down to Chelsea and CHO to make the decision, not Bayern. I am talking about the present not the 2020/21 season, Unlikely but for all we know he could be playing for Derby County in that season , Bayern are not the only club in the world.

22 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Lahm was truly a great player and captain, reminded me a lot of Zanetti for Inter, could play anywhere in defense and also in midfield, had a good eye for a pass and goal, and also played way past their 30's, a rare breed of hardworking, versatile and tireless players. Kimmich is another one that impressed me a lot, never imagined he would be a great hit at Bayern, great find indeed.

The way some young english players are overhyped by the media, specially if they are really talented and represent top clubs, they put too much expectation in to these lads only for them to have even more pressure to succeed, in some ways it hinders their development when they dont meet expectations. They should be allowed to enjoy their football and development with their clubs without too much interference, but i guess it comes with the job.

I think it affects the English national team as well.

As for Lahm, unfortunately he didn't play "way past his 30s"; he's only recently turned 35! That said, had he not retired so early, Kimmich's career wouldn't have really turned out the way it would. 

21 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

There was no misuse of the word competitive and i'm not getting in to a Premier League vs Bundesliga debate, there isn't one to have in my opinion. The use of the word competitive is well justified when speaking about the BPL.

I'm not getting into a PL vs BL debate either, but I'm just pointing out that the scientific/scholarly meaning of "competitiveness" or rather "competitive balance" goes much, much further than how often a specific club is winning its own domestic league. For example, the Bundesliga is one of the trickiest league to predict who the top 4 (i.e. CL entrants) will be at the start of a given season... in fact no other country consistently puts forward more distinct CL participants than the Bundesliga. What the Premier League excels in, hands down, is the low predictability of who will finish champion, though lately Man City seem determined to start breaking this trend. That's what gives the allure to the fans. For this reason, I have been hoping Bayern do NOT win the Bundesliga for a couple of seasons already and this season my wish might come true... of course this wish is entirely mine and is not to be taken as a standard wish by Bayern fans because it isn't. A league considered more interesting helps Bayern in the longer term. That and wins no longer carry the value they used to before.

Sarri fucked up really bad on this one should have given the guy more minutes than he has, however we can not be held to ransom by an 18 year old. Let him go the club existed before him, and will exist after him. We have lost really good players in the past and we have managed to come out on the other side. He is becoming ridiculous with some of the threats his team are ending out. 

20 minutes ago, MUTU said:

How realistic do you guys see the possibility of Chelsea refusing every January bid from Bayern and CHO getting regular playing time till the end of this season?

Very high, and CHO will continue to play. 

I do think Chelsea will sell if there's a buy back clause. 

6 hours ago, MUTU said:

Well, meh.

Let's see:
Caballero, Green, Cahill, Ampadu, Kanté, Drinkwater, Barkley, & Giroud (9 players in total)

versus:
Neuer, Ulreich, Süle, Hummels*, Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Lewandowski & Wagner* (9 players in total)
*is a Bayern youth product who was sold and bought back.

DwiuHlZX0AEc9cc.jpg:large

Why do you keep adding in Caballero and Green? Green is 39 years old in 4 days, and came on a free. Caballero will be 38 near the start of next season and came on a free. It is ludicrous to say those 2 are examples of us gangstering up the league. Ampadu was a 16yo who we bought from a FOURTH TIER team's youth squad!

Kante was gone, whether it was us or another team, many of them NON ENGLISH, like say Bayern!.

Drinkwater?????? That was the biggest GIFT ever to Leicester! Insanely BAD deal for us!! We will fucking end up paying over £70m for him when fees and wages are counted. Leicester helped rebuild their team with our almost £40m fee! Drinkwater is SHIT. Even with Kante here we cannot play him, he is that bad. Bear in mind we are DESPERATE for defensive MF types atm too.

Barkley? LOLOL

He was leaving on a free in 6 months when we paid £15m for him! He was worth maybe (if locked down into contract) £22m to £25m., so we paid around 2/3rd of his actual value for a player we could have had ON FREE in 6 months. He had a horrible injury and a horrible injury history overall. That is hardly gangster.on our part to roll the dice and pay (due to 6 months remaining) fair value.

Giroud? Totally washed up (as evidenced by what he has done here) and we paid the same as Barkley, £15m for a soon to be 32yo striker who was totally benched for good, We gifted Arsenal that. They were laughing their arse off (pardon the pun)

Moses. We paid over double his market value to a soon to be relegated side. He has done shit here, other than  the Conte wingback role. He was a loan army member for years, and now is benched permanently. We will be luck to recoup what we spent on him.

Your examples are bollocks.

It's been said now though. I guess this puts to bed the rumours hes forcing his way out for now.

Now it doesn't mean he is definitely staying still, but it proves there is a lot of rubbish being posted, all it takes is 1 paper to say something and the others jump on it, that's all that has happened here  in my opinion and because no-one has squashed the rumors and Bayern admit to interest it just blown up from nowhere.

Just doesn't make sense that he would be forcing a move so bad for me.

5 hours ago, MUTU said:

How realistic do you guys see the possibility of Chelsea refusing every January bid from Bayern and CHO getting regular playing time till the end of this season?

Very realistic, because as I have said previously, just because your club say they are interested in someone and a few newspapers said he wants to go doesn't make it a given. You said earlier he has to go because the players will turn on him in the dressing room etc, it's laughable, i'm sorry, based on what can you say this will happen? 

What is so good that Bayern can offer him but Chelsea can't? He's 18 and appears to be getting his chances here, we are a big club, just like Bayern, we can compete for trophies, he's loved here and been here since he was 8. He scored his debut goal 2 months ago and was telling everyone how its a dream come true, you think that because you've bid for him and said in a press conference he's an interesting player that hes gonna throw everything away lmao. Crazy.

He wants to go clearly.

Bayern are a huge club. But Bayern are in a bit of a mess at present. Average manager, aging players in key positions... like I said huge club but only problem is Chelsea aren't a Bundesliga team who will bend over to accomodate making a deal with them regarding transfers. If we did, why else would they feel the need to publically talk about CHO? Its like Barca and Real have done in the past, have a player or manager or board member talk about a player to try and entice a player to force a move or whatever.... underhand tactics or not it happens...

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

He wants to go clearly.

Where are you getting this from?  Are there quotes to that affect or is this just from the number of articles out there?  From my perspective, perhaps biased of course, it just looks like he's using this to his advantage to get the best and most he can out of the club.  It could well turn out that he really wants to go but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to that conclusion yet.