Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, Costa19 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-and-bayern-munich-at-loggerheads-over-callum-hudson-odoi-deal-5kf22xmmb?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547226712

Chelsea’s negotiations with Bayern Munich over the potential sale of Callum Hudson-Odoi are being complicated by their demand for a buy-back clause for the 18-year-old, to which the German champions are reluctant to agree.”

Looks like the deal is pending over a buy-back clause. CHO is probably gone soon. 

Mmm dosn't sound good news tho according to some bookies its still 50/50

The ONLY reason I see why he would want to leave is if we keep Hazard, because that essentialy means he wont be starting on lw for next 5 years or so. And he probably doesnt want to play RW in his key development years.

Thats the only clue I can try to figure, unless there was massive trust issue from the club, but then again why would they try so hard to keep him now.

He is london born, only 18 and already had some playtime, so he can hardly complain about that. Never looked frustrated with club or players etc. 

Meanwhile Bayern doesnt have top LW and he could develop nicely there. Sancho is doing great too, so its a league that fits his profile to develop.

I feel he could return here after a couple of years if he makes it in bayern and we need new LW. Long shot though.

BUT if we lose Hazard too in the summer, then the board is going beyond everything stupid they did. This would be monumental fuck up then if we lost one of best LWs in the world and super talented LW youth product. 

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The ONLY reason I see why he would want to leave is if we keep Hazard, because that essentialy means he wont be starting on lw for next 5 years or so. And he probably doesnt want to play RW in his key development years.

So you don't think we would by someone to replace Eden when we sell him?

CHO would be on the bench no matter what/ His main hope is to be a better starter than Pully. Or get more and more chances and make the most of them.

IF he had the confidence,faith and wanted to be in the 1st team enough then he would stay.

I just don;t see it ho. If he wants out we either sell him now or it gets messy and come the simmer it will be less money.ot

I think we just have to say no to Bayern and play him the rest of the season.  What's the point of a buy back clause when selling him to Bayern?  They may not be RM but they are a pretty big club and if he made it there why would he be interested in coming back?  If he doesn't make it there, would we really want to take up the buy back?  

I've said before I think this is most likely agent/advisor shenanigans to get a higher pay packet in this contract offer.  It's possible he really does have concerns over chances here, he's probably right to have them, but Bayern as the choice destination for play time seems unreal.  Maybe he's insanely confident in himself but still, expecting more playing time there then here seems fanciful.  I don't know, it just doesn't make sense.

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So you don't think we would by someone to replace Eden when we sell him?

CHO would be on the bench no matter what/ His main hope is to be a better starter than Pully. Or get more and more chances and make the most of them.

IF he had the confidence,faith and wanted to be in the 1st team enough then he would stay.

I just don;t see it ho. If he wants out we either sell him now or it gets messy and come the simmer it will be less money.ot

Well at least in theory it gives him better chance. We might invest in top striker with Edens money, who knows.

Meanwhile Hazard is near impossible for him to get starting spot anytime soon unless Eden picks up injury. 

12 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I think we just have to say no to Bayern and play him the rest of the season.  What's the point of a buy back clause when selling him to Bayern?  They may not be RM but they are a pretty big club and if he made it there why would he be interested in coming back?  If he doesn't make it there, would we really want to take up the buy back?  

I've said before I think this is most likely agent/advisor shenanigans to get a higher pay packet in this contract offer.  It's possible he really does have concerns over chances here, he's probably right to have them, but Bayern as the choice destination for play time seems unreal.  Maybe he's insanely confident in himself but still, expecting more playing time there then here seems fanciful.  I don't know, it just doesn't make sense.

The way Salihamidzic talked, Bayern looks seriously interested in CHO. Going public and all that, it doesnt happen often. To me it sounds Chelsea doesnt want to sell, but Bayern going public to add more pressure on us because everyone will talk about it and it might impress CHO. 

Robben and Ribery are off, and its likely Bayern wont be signing any other wingers which means huge chance for CHO, since their squad is constantly injured. Add #10, nice wage and most importantly Sancho talking to CHO how great buli is etc, Odoi might be persuaded.

Mbappe and Sancho have been just talents with no experience and in span of couple months, they became undisputed starters at age of 18. Odoi has talent and seems to have good character, so there is big chance he can do it too. He is also very direct which is the difference. Not just flashy tricks and dribbles, but he actualy makes things happen.

From our perspective, it will probably huge mistake and big loss, but I can see why CHO would want to move. Look at Musonda or Christensen who decided to stay and compare to Ake. 

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

BUT if we lose Hazard too in the summer, then the board is going beyond everything stupid they did. This would be monumental fuck up then if we lost one of best LWs in the world and super talented LW youth product. 

This scenario is DEAD AHEAD.:(

Former Chelsea star Arjen Robben urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich

https://talksport.com/football/473011/arjen-robben-hudson-odoi-quit-chelsea/

Arjen Robben has urged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich.

Bayern have submitted multiple bids for the Chelsea teenager and have made no secret about their wish to recruit the talented winger.

Their latest offer is believed to be in the region of £35million but the Blues appear reluctant to sell one of their best young talents.

The German club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday said the 18-year-old has the qualities his side want, appearing to confirm their interest.

Former Chelsea star Robben also spoke highly of Hudson-Odoi in a recent interview.

snip

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Former Chelsea star Arjen Robben urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich

https://talksport.com/football/473011/arjen-robben-hudson-odoi-quit-chelsea/

Arjen Robben has urged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich.

Bayern have submitted multiple bids for the Chelsea teenager and have made no secret about their wish to recruit the talented winger.

Their latest offer is believed to be in the region of £35million but the Blues appear reluctant to sell one of their best young talents.

The German club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday said the 18-year-old has the qualities his side want, appearing to confirm their interest.

Former Chelsea star Robben also spoke highly of Hudson-Odoi in a recent interview.

snip

fuck off Robben, we are not going to get bullied by your club, forget it

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

We call it the Daily Fail, so no not really.

However if CHO leaves, it's all on Sarri's head and with the amount of anger and pressure growing on him at the moment, this is NOT a good idea.

Nice, we call it the Daily Fail too, but was wondering if it was more reliable towards news regarding local clubs. In fact they call it a buy-back clause but then describe a first-option.

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't think it's Sarri fault. It's the board fault for not having agreed a new contract a while. Look at how we let other contract drag?

To me Sarri has been doing great with giving time to CHO giving his age. That's about the right away to ease him into the club. 

But the problem here is the board and the contracts. 

I agree. I can't get why influential players, and future stars can't get an extention. The club was quick to give Alonso a new one...

Just now, Yeboii said:

I agree. I can't get why influential players, and future stars can't get an extention. The club was quick to give Alonso a new one...

Simple, Alonso is not great and no top team would want him. So if you give him something he will gladly take it. 

But the influential players the board can't get it right.....So it's obvious the demands are not being met.

I wonder if it's true that Hazard never signed because he sees no vision and ambition from the club.....

3 hours ago, MUTU said:

We must be fucking stupid.

If he goes to Bayern and does well why would Bayern sell, a sell on fee is ridiculous. Also a buy back, again if does well why would he consider leaving Bayern who are one of the top 5 clubs on the planet, where they see him as a starter clearly?

Daily mail or not, quite believe those demands 😂 idotic as per usual for our club.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We must be fucking stupid.

If he goes to Bayern and does well why would Bayern sell, a sell on fee is ridiculous. Also a buy back, again if does well why would he consider leaving Bayern who are one of the top 5 clubs on the planet, where they see him as a starter clearly?

Daily mail or not, quite believe those demands 😂 idotic as per usual for our club.

Yes, it may backfire if he turns out to be of hazard caliber, but I think the club does not think that he will. I suspect they think he may become a very good player, but are not quite sure how good.

This is a good writeup: https://www.lovesportradio.com/news/love-sport-exclusives/callum-hudson-odoi-transfer-a-no-lose-situation-for-chelsea-pat-nevin-explains-why/

I can agree 100% with this bit - I've seen countless prospects (called the next [insert famous player name]) who fail to take that so important final step:

“The likelihood is that he’ll do very very well, but there’s no absolute certainty of that yet. 

The final steps are the hardest ones. Getting to that very top level is the hardest step of all. It’s as hard as almost all the other ones put together. 

“[Callum] has done really well. He would learn if he stayed at Chelsea, and he would do perfectly well going to Bayern Munich as well.

“If Chelsea keep him then they will know by this time next year if he is going to be good enough and he will know himself.