Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

You'd have to assume that with Bayern's director and coach talking about him so openly and brazenly that they're confident he's moving. He and his agent have made it clear.

At this point it's just about milking them for as much as possible.

Well we really don't need to sell him if we want. It's all about the cash. If we sell him we will for sure see more youth players forcing their way out. Hope the board makes an example out of him if he refuses to stay and sign a new contract. Cya in youth team for 18 months with 0 playing time.

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

Well we really don't need to sell him if we want. It's all about the cash. If we sell him we will for sure see more youth players forcing their way out. Hope the board makes an example out of him if he refuses to stay and sign a new contract. Cya in youth team for 18 months with 0 playing time.

Exhibit A

Real Madrid confirm the signing of Man City star Brahim Diaz on six-year deal

Move was expected to be announced imminently with City insisting on a 40 per cent sell-on fee if he later joins Man Utd

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8133640/real-madrid-confirm-brahim-diaz-man-city/

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Just depends on the kids character! Whether he wants the bling bling or happy with a Mini!

Or maybe he wants play CL semi finals every year. We are 18th on UEFA ranking Bayern is second, Real is first. It is sad but I understand why our most talented players want to play for those clubs.

How can Byern conduct themselves in this way? Imagine if we went about our business like this for one of their players!?? You would not hear the end of it. Chelsea face a 10 year transfer bam for tapping up young German superstar. It's actually a fucking disgrace how we are treated so differently to everyon else in the footballing World. Regarding Callum, go little man, just go. This is taking the piss out of us now. He is acting extremely ungreatful and in my opinion treating everyone at the club soo disrespectfully after the faith we have shown him by giving him a football career in the first place and now openly fast tracking him to the first team to show how much we value him. Just go wank off over an easy German league with players who hate the English clubs. 

I think you can't let him go right now no matter what.  Not just the injuries and cover situation but just principle.  Keep him and give him playing time for the rest of the season.  He looked alright last night and better then our other options bar Hazard.  Summertime it's time to get things settled.  If he's shown he can play I'm sure his price will go up even more then what they are offering now and there's more potential suitors.

I'd just refuse Bayern anyway and take another offer if it came to that.  There's a couple things that could change the dynamic in the summer.  Bayern aren't not going to get replacement wingers.  Ribbery and Robben are done and Bayern won't leave their team short just to get CHO for free a year later.  

I want him to stay just as much as anyone for numerous reasons.

But we have to stand back and look at it.

Next season we have Pully coming. The clubs shelled out a lot of money for him

IF Eden stays then nobody is getting a look in on that posistion - and if he goes then the club will be after replacing him with as good a  replacement as they can get (HOPEFULLY))

So looking at it that way CHO would still be on the bench no matter what.

I think this would not become such an issue if we had a DoF like Ballack. Odoi asks Rudiger's opinion, well Ballack played at Bayern. He could tell what the clubs plans are and how things at Bayern may not work out as Odoi thinks they would. I think players especially young players need a DoF they can talk to like Makalele talked with young players at Monaco.

Hi,

Bayern fan here. First off, I have a question for you... what convinces you from his limited play-time that he's worth (more than) the €39M that's being touted? Personally I see it as a high-risk transfer for Bayern.

Secondly, I would like to point out your misinformation. So many are accusing Bayern of 'tapping up'. Did you even read the FIFA regulation 18.3? Reproduced below:

A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to appropriate sanctions.

By claiming Bayern are tapping up, you are claiming insider information that Bayern did NOT send an email/fax/letter to Chelsea's offices saying something like "We are going to enter negotiations with your player Callum Hodson-Odoi. Take care xxx", and also that Bayern have actually negotiated with CHO (this is only a rumour).

What we know for sure is that Chelsea are well aware of Bayern's interest, which means that Bayern have communicated their interest in CHO to Chelsea.

Claiming Bayern broke rules is almost libellous, as are many claims that Bayern 'bully' other Bundesliga clubs. I challenge you to find me a professional club which does not frequently buy players from their own division/country. Certainly Chelsea aren't any different either. Robert Green, Danny Drinkwater, Olivier Giroud, Ross Barkley, Ethan Ampadu and Willy Caballero since summer 2017.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I was never one who said they tapped him up. I said it was totally legal as its open window.

I do have to laugh at your positing that Bayern don't bully the rest of the Bundesliga. Your roster has been littered over the decades with players BM has pulled off dodgy frees (perfect example is Goretzka) and other cut rate cut throat deals from the rest of the Bundesliga. Your have systemically tore into Dortmund on multiple occasions.

There is no English club that has come close to stripping off down its main contenders.

I have said Bayern is overall best run club in world football, but let's not kid ourselves about the fact they are the 800 pound gorilla bully boys in Germany when it comes to intra-league transfers.

You want to see why CHO is a steal at £40m? Go watch his pre-season, when he was getting regular starts and significant pitch time. He DESTROYED Bellerin. That is a good game to start with. Then realise he is only 18.

You never said we tapped up CHO, and I didn't accuse you of that, but others did. Having said that, it has nothing to do with there being a transfer window or not. I posted the exact rules from FIFA's laws. They have nothing to do with transfer windows.

Now over to the evaluation part... last time we bought an 18 year old superstar, his name was Renato Sanches. Then he failed at SWANSEA.

The previous time we bought an 18 year old superstar, his name was Breno. He was super close to winning the Brazilian player of the year award which would have made him the first defender to do so and also the youngest player. Real Madrid thought he was so good for his age they wanted him to undergo tests on his bones to confirm his real age. He was that good. Possibly, you may not have heard of him which would prove my point.

Actually, I didn't get to my point. My point is that 18 year old superstars can fail in the blink of an eye. Here we're talking about what is, before bonuses, the 3rd most expensive signing of our club, for an 18 year old superstar who's far less proven than Renato Sanches or Breno were at the time they joined us, so please excuse me while I'm worried that he may fail. Once bitten, twice, thrice, four times shy...

Now regarding bullying the rest of the Bundesliga, that's laughable. You mention Borussia Dortmund, for example, the club who lately signed as much players from us as we did from them (Hummels and Goetze went back and forth; Lewandowski came to Bayern; Rode went to BVB) and who have far more players signed from Bundesliga clubs than Bayern do. We signed 4 players since summer 2017 from Bundesliga clubs; Chelsea signed 6 players since summer 2017 from Premier League clubs. And yes, I'm including Pavard who'll join next summer and who's been made official just today. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Finally, it is ludicrous to toss out Robert Green, Danny Drinkwater, Olivier Giroud, and Willy Caballero as examples of us pulling Bayern style bully tactics!

They are all SHIT players who hardly took strong-arming. Especially at the insane price we paid for Donkeywater.

Do you know what bully tactics is? It's the tactics the Premier League clubs adopted towards the Bundesliga since you got that bumper TV deal. The Premier League nowadays has a super high percentage of players (and coaches!) coming from the Bundesliga. When you see a club like arsenal lining up with Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Özil, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Bernd Leno, Shkodran Mustafi and Granit Xhaka, all former Bundesliga players...

Or how about Manchester City with Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane and Pep Guardiola?

Or Liverpool with Matip, Keita, Shaqiri, Firmino and Klopp who all had Bundesliga experience?

Face it:
Fact 1: the Bundesliga players represent good value for money. YOU (English teams) should know this.
Fact 2: EVERYBODY buys players from his own country, it makes sense because you know they've already adapted to the league.

Now, tell me, how exactly is what Bayern do bullying?

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

Byern are a diagrace. They quite blaintantly bully the other clubs within that tinpot League they play in. 

Trying to claim any different is a complete embarrassment.

So do Premier League clubs, as described in my previous post. Bayern are actually helping the league by retaining talent that would have otherwise moved to the Premier League and joined the rest of the 140 or so former Bundesliga players now plying their trade in England or Spain ;) Unless, of course, you are naive enough to think Lewandowski would have snubbed Real Madrid's offer had Bayern not nipped in, or that Goretzka would have snubbed the Liverpool and Barcelona offers he had if Bayern hadn't submitted theirs. I can mention others too if you want, like how Man Utd wanted to sign Hummels but he decided to come back to Bayern, the club of which he is a youth product and that gave him Bundesliga experience.

The reality is that Bundesliga teams (excluding Bayern) are losing their talent all the time and they can't help it. Bayern are the club that's helping the league retain quality.