Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Yeah. CFC. Chelsea Finance Company.

I think your getting it.

If CHO is sold after we have just shelled out 50 odd million on a Yank from Dortmund then it's quite clear my point and also shirt sales and marketing is number 1 priority.

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be honest, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are poor examples. Barcelona have spent tons of money buying players from elsewhere rather than promoting anyone from their famed La Masia while Bayern have hardly been promoting players from their own academy and just like Barcelona, they too have been buying players, including young ones, from elsewhere. 

i should have mentioned Spurs, Ajax, Arsenal, United, good examples no?

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think your getting it.

If CHO is sold after we have just shelled out 50 odd million on a Yank from Dortmund then it's quite clear my point and also shirt sales and marketing is number 1 priority.

Im pretty sure everyone knows whats happening, but it doesnt mean we should be happy about it

24 minutes ago, manpe said:

We just signed Pulisic and if Hazard stays he won't get a sniff for years to come. Willian will probably be still here and CHO will stay 3-4th choice for god knows how long.

Yes we just signed Pulisic...but thinking Pulisic will play that enormous amount of games the next season....and then what if Eden leaves at the end of the day...just like what posters have said its outright impatience that worrying the kid...willian might not even be in the starting 11 by the time this season might be coming to end...

How reliable are these reports this morning?  Everyone seems to be talking as if he's gone already.  I definitely won't be happy if he leaves but this whole thing just seems very strange.  I know people are jumping all over Sarri and I can see the frustration that they have, I see it myself.  I think CHO should have had more opportunities so far this season but I think this whole situation is just a bad confluence of events that has it's roots in past lack of integration of youth players as well as the board playing around and signing Sarri after preseason had already started this year. 

I might be crazy but I'm still not convinced this isn't just pressure by his agents and/or advisors to get a better pay packet in his new contract.  He saw how much we paid RLC and he probably thinks he can get the same or more.  Seems people are just jumping the gun a bit.  I'm sure there'll be more twists and turns to come.

Strange one, I can and cannot understand why he would want to move considering he has more playtime now with the other wingers dwindling. I had high hopes for him after pre-season and I was definitely disappointed that Sarri didn't go with 'on merit' rather than playing names above performances so that is why I can understand him wanting to go. I think everyone can agree that he was the stand out performer in pre-season, opposition aside or not. Munich coming in with whatever it is £31 or £40m, depending on which report you read, initially astounds me but I like to think of it like if we saw CHO at another team, 18 months on his deal, would we pay £31m-£40m for him? Put our directors aside as well.. Would YOU pay £31m-£40m for him? I would.

In terms of selling talent, we've been burnt here before haven't we? Several times now infact.. Think of our team had we kept the players and not had an eye for quick financial gain at the time, or not included the buy back option at least. I understand the financial aspect and making £20m++ on a player we signed for far less is an accountants dream.. But is it? Total cost of ownership isn't just a transfer fee.

Anyway, hope he stays, if not, I'll watch Bayern more than I do now.

It's a fucking travesty what is happening and what is more infuriating is that I cannot understand one thing - in this era of modern football ruled by silly money and greedy agents, clubs should do more in trying to promote local kids who have grown up in their youth setups and have one single goal and that is to play for the team they love. 

Take Hudson Odoi for example Chelsea through and through, at the club since 7 and bags of potential. Pulisic 50M+ is he really that better? Fuck me I don't know but hell I'm sure Hudson Odoi doesn't look like a poor mans Walcott either. Difference one is a Chelsea through and through who would play for the club he loves, the other... well I'm sure he did not grow up as a Chelsea fan. 

The Mounts, the CHOs, the RLCs, Sterlings of this Academy and Chelsea fans since they were little kids should be encouraged to stay. Bayern need wingers desperately, if Pulisic was that good why didn't they buy him instead? Cause they don't care about marketing stuff and settle for the talented one and that's Hudson Odoi. Sad day if he leaves. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's all gone a bit quiet since the "news" broke.

Am i remembering this all wrong or doesn't news of a fee accepted for a player usually spread like wildfire? This hasn't.

Bayern and CHO's agent are also trying to force Chelsea's hand a bit thus the constant leaks. 

22 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Bayern need wingers desperately, if Pulisic was that good why didn't they buy him instead? Cause they don't care about marketing stuff and settle for the talented one and that's Hudson Odoi. Sad day if he leaves. 

Bayern were interested in Pulisic but didn't press on with it because (a) Dortmund didn't want to sell to Bayern again and (b) Pulisic wants to play in the Premier League. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bayern were interested in Pulisic but didn't press on with it because (a) Dortmund didn't want to sell to Bayern again and (b) Pulisic wants to play in the Premier League. 

Yes I've read a couple of reports that suggest Pulisic was their first choice for a new winger.

Hudson Odoi wants 1st team football. Sarri wants to use him, the club aren’t willing to negotiate if he is in Sarri’s plans. Chelsea are trying all they can to keep him. But Leipzig have a buy back offer ready to produce to #CFC. All options are open including a stay(SkySports)

If I was CHO I'd give it the rest of this season. I don't think he's properly in Bayern's plans until next season anyway whilst they still have Ribery and Robben.

If things haven't changed Bayern and other clubs will come back in the summer. He'll have loads of top options.

57 minutes ago, DDA said:

Hudson Odoi wants 1st team football. Sarri wants to use him, the club aren’t willing to negotiate if he is in Sarri’s plans. Chelsea are trying all they can to keep him. But Leipzig have a buy back offer ready to produce to #CFC. All options are open including a stay(SkySports)

I like Buy back. 

If he doesn't want to sign a contract, that is the best option available.