Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Another take on how Sarri is talking about CHO.  I'd imagine that he's talked to him plenty on the practice pitch and in the locker room.  I would take most of what Sarri says in press conferences about CHO not so much as messages to the player but trying to manage expectations for the fans.  I'd also say that it can't be stressed enough the lack of prep time Sarri had with the full squad before the season started.  If he'd just put CHO in the starting lineup or on the bench in front of senior players he would probably have had several disgruntled players on his hands.  As it was, he has given his senior players enough time to show that the team needs something different.  

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Furthermore, given how much Roman has invested in the academy, if the teams were being picked above managers heads, wouldn't academy players have featured a lot more than they have down the years?

Exactly this but also Roman does like to buy the ready made option and let's fsce it if you was spending what he is spending on players each year you would want to see them being played. So there are cases for both sides but to further bury the idea that the team is being selected above and beyond Sarri, look at the changes he has made this year that differ from Contes Chelsea. No Moses, Drinkwater and Bakayoko a thing of the past, Kante is no longer playing in DM position, Giroud and Morata are dropped regularly for shit peformances. Despite the persistence with Alonso and Willian, Sarri has the balls to make his own decisions and it shows clearly in the first half of the season.

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Willian deinitely seems like he'd kick up a stink if he was dropped abruptly. Did fall out with Conte, remember. Sarri probably doesn't want to cause a big drama so will (hopefully) start to ease Willian out of the XI.

The earlier the better....He is beyond  redemption... Willian makes Wilfried Zaha looks like Messi...Willian is shit

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Willian deinitely seems like he'd kick up a stink if he was dropped abruptly. Did fall out with Conte, remember. Sarri probably doesn't want to cause a big drama so will (hopefully) start to ease Willian out of the XI.

who is willian to cause such drama? he's numbers are dogshit. We dropped and sold schurrle without any fuss, and willian is no better than he was

52 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Another take on how Sarri is talking about CHO.  I'd imagine that he's talked to him plenty on the practice pitch and in the locker room.  I would take most of what Sarri says in press conferences about CHO not so much as messages to the player but trying to manage expectations for the fans.  I'd also say that it can't be stressed enough the lack of prep time Sarri had with the full squad before the season started.  If he'd just put CHO in the starting lineup or on the bench in front of senior players he would probably have had several disgruntled players on his hands.  As it was, he has given his senior players enough time to show that the team needs something different.  

if so then it's weak from sarri. Better to have players disgruntled on the bench than undeservedly starting and costing us points

People forget the pro-active decisions and demands of players are by and large by their agents for financial gain

With Hudson-Odoi it’s naïve if he or anyone thinks he’d go and play regularly for a Bayern team that still consistently plays proper old timers like Ribéry and Robben over other younger options. Getting rid of two experienced internationals in order to make sure a kid who’s just turned 18 plays every single match for a club with CL aspirations, would be lunacy. No top club would ever do such a thing unless the kid in question was Messi and Hudson-Odoi is not Messi.

41 minutes ago, lucio said:

if so then it's weak from sarri. Better to have players disgruntled on the bench than undeservedly starting and costing us points

I think we've seen firsthand how disgruntled players on the bench can lead to much worse malignancies in the background. 

I do agree though that Willian playing as much as he has for as long as he has this season kind seems a bit strange to me.  In my view he's the anti-Sarri winger.  This seems counterintuitive when you just look at his abilities though and I can understand why Sarri wanted to keep him and thought he could be something special in his system.  Technically and physically Willian seems to have everything to be a great producer in Sarri's system.  The only problem is it seems that Willian just mentally can't play the way Sarri wants in that position, fast, quick passing, off the ball movement.  I think he's just not fast enough recognizing others movements and not decisive enough when one on one.  I think Sarri thought he could develop Willian into the right fit for his system and tried to give him every opportunity to make it work.  Personally I think he tried to make it work far to long but I can understand why he made the effort.  We'll see what happens now but I hope Sarri has got to a point of being comfortable with CHO as he did with RLC and we'll see more of CHO as the season progresses beyond just the current injury crisis.

Or maybe Willian are playing because Sarri’s been in charge for about 6 months and trying to radically change the way Chelsea plays. You need some stability* to do that. Can’t change everything at once. Defensive *stability (Willian) might be needed during the transformation. And yes, i think CHO should have had more minutes. 

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

People forget the pro-active decisions and demands of players are by and large by their agents for financial gain

With Hudson-Odoi it’s naïve if he or anyone thinks he’d go and play regularly for a Bayern team that still consistently plays proper old timers like Ribéry and Robben over other younger options. Getting rid of two experienced internationals in order to make sure a kid who’s just turned 18 plays every single match for a club with CL aspirations, would be lunacy. No top club would ever do such a thing unless the kid in question was Messi and Hudson-Odoi is not Messi.

Although he is not going to walk into their team and I don't t think he expects to, it is more that he probably feels he will get more chances to play on merit if he plays well. Robben will not be there next season. Ribery is injury-prone. Muller can play there but it is not where he is best at and Bayern have mainly played him as a SS/AM this season. He has started on the wing only a small number of times. Gnabry, a talented player who was in a similar predicament at Arsenal as he could not get much starts is only 23 and has started 10 league games this season. Coman has started 6 games and struggled with injuries also. A lot of people would arguably say that CHO is better than Gnabry right now. If Gnabry can start that many games for Bayern, then CHO certainly will play a lot of games too.

It feels like now with CHO, we are suddenly hyping him up and giving him chances because another European giant is showing serious levels of interest. When there was minimal interest earlier in the season, he could not even get on the bench in the PL games. Could not start a Europa League game and could not even start a bloody Carabao Cup game. I remember we played Derby and won 3-2, Sarri played Willian and RLC as wingers and CHO was an unused sub. Where was the signs of faith him in them? CHO is probably thinking if he signs on, he could easily go in the same direction as other Chelsea academy prospects who are not given much chances and then end up leaving. I just wonder if, he himself feels the club is using him, just to sign a new contract.

I genuinely think he will go to Bayern. He will play, they have shown a huge willingness to get him and there is defo imo a clearer path to the first 11 than here and a top team. I think he can make that LW a position of his own if he goes over there, while even on merit, this season he has been given minimal chances.

I could defo see why he wants to leave Bayern. Sarri has shown faith in him a little too late.

31 minutes ago, Stats said:

Although he is not going to walk into their team and I don't t think he expects to, it is more that he probably feels he will get more chances to play on merit if he plays well. Robben will not be there next season. Ribery is injury-prone. Muller can play there but it is not where he is best at and Bayern have mainly played him as a SS/AM this season. He has started on the wing only a small number of times. Gnabry, a talented player who was in a similar predicament at Arsenal as he could not get much starts is only 23 and has started 10 league games this season. Coman has started 6 games and struggled with injuries also. A lot of people would arguably say that CHO is better than Gnabry right now. If Gnabry can start that many games for Bayern, then CHO certainly will play a lot of games too.

It feels like now with CHO, we are suddenly hyping him up and giving him chances because another European giant is showing serious levels of interest. When there was minimal interest earlier in the season, he could not even get on the bench in the PL games. Could not start a Europa League game and could not even start a bloody Carabao Cup game. I remember we played Derby and won 3-2, Sarri played Willian and RLC as wingers and CHO was an unused sub. Where was the signs of faith him in them? CHO is probably thinking if he signs on, he could easily go in the same direction as other Chelsea academy prospects who are not given much chances and then end up leaving. I just wonder if, he himself feels the club is using him, just to sign a new contract.

I genuinely think he will go to Bayern. He will play, they have shown a huge willingness to get him and there is defo imo a clearer path to the first 11 than here and a top team. I think he can make that LW a position of his own if he goes over there, while even on merit, this season he has been given minimal chances.

I could defo see why he wants to leave Bayern. Sarri has shown faith in him a little too late.

I think with the current injuries there are opportunities for him that will put him in the spotlight, and against Sp*rs it will be a stern test. It also makes it easier for the board to decide whether to accept the 30m or whatever. Hope he does well (assuming he gets playing time tomorrow) either way it's a win win for his agent -who I think is Willian as of last week  !

Bayern Munich are still awaiting a response on their latest bid for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, Sky Sports News understands.

The Bundesliga champions are understood to have offered more than £30million for the England U21 international, who has also attracted interest from RB Leipzig.

Hudson-Odoi's preferred destination is Bayern, however, we have been told not to rule out him signing a new contract at Chelsea.