Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

I don't think Chelsea have the upper hand here really.  Just look at Tibo this past summer.  That said I'm not sure I really buy that he's desperate to leave.  He's been here since he was 7 and he's breaking into the first team.  It might be going slower then he'd like but he's still in the first team at 18 years old.  It seems all the rumors are coming out of Germany.  I don't know who CHO has as an agent or advisors but to me this smells like a negotiating tactic to get a bigger pay packet more then anything else.  I guess we'll see in the near future.

11 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I don't think Chelsea have the upper hand here really.  Just look at Tibo this past summer.  That said I'm not sure I really buy that he's desperate to leave.  He's been here since he was 7 and he's breaking into the first team.  It might be going slower then he'd like but he's still in the first team at 18 years old.  It seems all the rumors are coming out of Germany.  I don't know who CHO has as an agent or advisors but to me this smells like a negotiating tactic to get a bigger pay packet more then anything else.  I guess we'll see in the near future.

Look how messy T'Boas contract got!

We should have started to tie him down a long time before now!

Maybe BM have have a bug up their arse over a small bit of silverware that we beat them on their own manor?? Just maybe..........??

9aa5ebb89623fca07f683e2be91509b6.gif

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11567340/maurizio-sarri-says-callum-hudson-odoi-is-not-ready-for-the-premier-league

Worth remembering that it was only on Nov 30 - just over a month ago - that Sarri said CHO isn't ready to play in a big team. And he now suddenly thinks he's ready?

Has he been forced to change his tone because the club are freaking out over the possibility of him leaving...?

Of course he has. Otherwise he would look clueless. But this situation was bound to happen for quite some time. If you don't give your own academy products chances and sell all of them regardless how talented they are, then eventually this happens: a player who maybe is not just there yet physically and tactically but has enormous potential also wants to leave and play football elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11567340/maurizio-sarri-says-callum-hudson-odoi-is-not-ready-for-the-premier-league

Worth remembering that it was only on Nov 30 - just over a month ago - that Sarri said CHO isn't ready to play in a big team. And he now suddenly thinks he's ready?

Has he been forced to change his tone because the club are freaking out over the possibility of him leaving...?

Sarri knows what we want, He should stop playing around and do it. What is this fear of changing players when they aren't doing well all about?

5 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Sarri knows what we want, He should stop playing around and do it. What is this fear of changing players when they aren't doing well all about?

Or maybe the teams picked above his head eh? Because it's blatant and as plain as the nose on your face that people like Willian, Alonso etc have been under-performing for months.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Or maybe the teams picked above his head eh? Because it's blatant and as plain as the nose on your face that people like Willian, Alonso etc have been under-performing for onths.

It seems like. A call from willian for Conte's sack, and he's sacked. Managers are strict in other clubs and once they come to chelsea, they become scary cats

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

He said that over the past month he has improved a lot in the defensive phase. That is the thing that Sarri wanted him to improve on. Cudicini mentioned it after our last game that he did very well in the defensive phase, especially when he "ran for two" when Ampadu got a little knock.

This much rather makes me believe that CHO wants to improve himself to become one of the first names on the team sheet, and he is doing so while impressing the coaching staff.

People must take note that he did a lot of work in the last game against Forest, so he might not be able to play a full game against Spurs tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Or maybe the teams picked above his head eh? Because it's blatant and as plain as the nose on your face that people like Willian, Alonso etc have been under-performing for months.

No, the team isn't picked above his head. That would be ridiculous if it is and sometimes it does feel that way but I really can't see that being the case. Rhe managers are definitely pressured to play certain individuals though but not the whole team selection.

Just now, Yeboii said:

He said that over the past month he has improved a lot in the defensive phase. That is the thing that Sarri wanted him to improve on. Cudicini mentioned it after our last game that he did very well in the defensive phase, especially when he "ran for two" when Ampadu got a little knock.

This much rather makes me believe that CHO wants to improve himself to become one of the first names on the team sheet, and he is doing so while impressing the coaching staff.

People must take note that he did a lot of work in the last game against Forest, so he might not be able to play a full game against Spurs tomorrow.

I don't want to sound like I'm doubting CHO's commitment but seems a bit of a stretch for a manager to go from "he's not ready" to "he's ready" in just over a month, especially when Sarri has been reluctant to play CHO all season. It certainly feels like there's something more at play here.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

No, the team isn't picked above his head. That would be ridiculous if it is and sometimes it does feel that way but I really can't see that being the case. Rhe managers are definitely pressured to play certain individuals though but not the whole team selection.

Pressure for a manager to play people should be based on the player giving the manager a major selection headache because of excellent performances. That is the only pressure a manager should face when selecting a side.

After Saturday, and especially after injuries to Willian and Pedro there shouldn't even be a debate who starts tomorrow against Tottenham, but you know what, there will be.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't want to sound like I'm doubting CHO's commitment but seems a bit of a stretch for a manager to go from "he's not ready" to "he's ready" in just over a month, especially when Sarri has been reluctant to play CHO all season. It certainly feels like there's something more at play here.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that it's to influence him to stay. If he kept banging on about how unready he is and yada yada, he would go to lederhosen land in a snap. Possibly a tactic from CHO's camp to pressurize the club into playing him more... if they didn't, they would be happy to pick one of the alternatives in Germany. But I believe, or rather hope, that their main intention is to get the club to acknowledge his existence more. We really have no upper hand here, we gain nothing out of letting him rot in the youths and neither does he... we are not a slave trade market to treat our offspring this way.

I also noticed how RLC got a sudden surge in playing time after there were numerous reports coming from his camp that he would leave in January if he didn't play more. Very quickly Sarri started fielding him more often, now he even starts some EPL games which was unthinkable in the first few months. Now rumours over his departure have disappeared. I hope it will be the same way with CHO.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Well I think it's pretty obvious that it's to influence him to stay. If he kept banging on about how unready he is and yada yada, he would go to lederhosen land in a snap. Possibly a tactic from CHO's camp to pressurize the club into playing him more... if they didn't, they would be happy to pick one of the alternatives in Germany. But I believe, or rather hope, that their main intention is to get the club to acknowledge his existence more. We really have no upper hand here, we gain nothing out of letting him rot in the youths and neither does he... we are not a slave trade market to treat our offspring this way.

Sarri has made the wrong decision by ignoring CHO for as long as he has but it does make him look spineless that he is letting other factors dictate how he manages the team.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

I also noticed how RLC got a sudden surge in playing time after there were numerous reports coming from his camp that he would leave in January if he didn't play more. Very quickly Sarri started fielding him more often, now he even starts some EPL games which was unthinkable in the first few months. Now rumours over his departure have disappeared. I hope it will be the same way with CHO.

Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't recall Sarri being rather dismissive of Loftus-Cheek like he has with CHO - e.g saying he's not ready, he needs time - and Sarri did also say several times that Loftus-Cheek won't be going anywhere in January (something that he hasn't quite done or reinforce with CHO). There was probably a gradual plan from Sarri to integrate Loftus-Cheek into the team. But CHO? Sarri's hands do look to have been forced by this contract issue.

i dont know but, less and less i like this guy. he's barely 18, just got in the first team and now six months later already is making demands and bitching about playing time and threataning to leave the team where he grew up for fucking bayern or whatever. no patience and balls to fight for the place in the first team. this just shows me that he's mentally not the strongest players and if he stays we will probably have problems with him again in the future. 

if he would just stop and think about his role in this team in the future he could see that there is a big chance he will be a starter next season or at least he will have a lot of minutes playing time.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sarri has made the wrong decision by ignoring CHO for as long as he has but it does make him look spineless that he is letting other factors dictate how he manages the team.

Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't recall Sarri being rather dismissive of Loftus-Cheek like he has with CHO - e.g saying he's not ready, he needs time - and Sarri did also say several times that Loftus-Cheek won't be going anywhere in January (something that he hasn't quite done or reinforce with CHO). There was probably a gradual plan from Sarri to integrate Loftus-Cheek into the team. But CHO? Sarri's hands do look to have been forced by this contract issue.

Sarri did say those things about Ruben as well. He talked a lot about how he needed to improve the defensive side of his game and not giving the ball away in dangerous places, etc. After a couple games that he impressed in the Europa League, Sarri's words and tone changed. He specifically talked about how Ruben improved defensively and positionally.  

So it's honestly not a surprise that he has changed the same way on CHO.  CHO really did work back excellently last game and seem to position himself differently at times.  Against Watford Sarri also mentioned how he did very well in that regard. 

I do think the possibility of him leaving has influenced Sarri's words, but it hasn't been as drastic as people are making it sound. He has been coming around for awhile.

Unfortunately, it seems that it takes more for younger players to impress Sarri.  And it's crazy CHO hadn't played more already.  Especially when he went behind moses in the pecking order at the beginning of the season. No excuse there.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Furthermore, given how much Roman has invested in the academy, if the teams were being picked above managers heads, wouldn't academy players have featured a lot more than they have down the years?