Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, in part, his rotational schedule has been far less than stellar IMHO (Eden is burnt out, as is Azpi, Jorginho, and Alonso (harder to tell as he is as slow as my gran at times) injuries (some perhaps caused from fatigue and body breakdown) are piling up, and we have massive player discontent that is already manifesting itself in concrete, sometimes destructive ways.

He also needs to be given the right players in a systemic sense (that is, I admit, going beyond the scope of the looming CHO catastrophe) as well.

Fair enough. Like I said, I just had some trouble detecting the nuance in some of your posts sometimes. It's certainly (at least) partly my fault.

This clarifies a lot, thank you. Incidentally, not much of a disagreement there.

Back to topic (CHO) and in summary: it ate my bullets!! no way I'm writing that again :( 

Just now, Robchels said:

Fair enough. Like I said, I just had some trouble detecting the nuance in some of your posts sometimes. It's certainly (at least) partly my fault.

This clarifies a lot, thank you. Incidentally, not much of a disagreement there.

Back to topic (CHO) and in summary:

Image result for All good

I want CHO to succeed here as much as anyone, I'm also fine with Willian moving on (was hoping the Barca deal would happen or a move to Utd, his value is surely much lower now).  But, I'm still not of the mind that CHO is currently better than Willian.  

There are games like today where CHO's direct play was instrumental, but then there are matches like we played against City where Willian was an important.  His defending was really good and the way he absolutely busted a lung beating Walker back to set up the first goal was pure graft.

However, when we take in to account the age difference, the fact that CHO is HG, if we had to pick between the 2, in the current state of the squad, it has to be CHO.  However, this season, there really is no reason to have to choose.  We have 4 wingers and Hazard has been playing as CF.

I think the reason this is so frustrating is that the board want to pinch pennies, but for some reason are okay with selling a young HG promising player that could be an important part of the squad for the next 12 years.  

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think the reason this is so frustrating is that the board want to pinch pennies,

This is whats so infuriating as we have seen in our last purchases that we dont mind stumping up for players 'someone' wants.

Yet we miss out on KK for an extra £5mill and try to squeeze even more out of Barca than the already too much they already offered for Luiz!

And like it or not we could have taken the "200 mill offered for Eden when we will be very lucky to get £70 for him IF he decides to walk.

Granny has lost us more with her business plans than we save I'm sure.

Just now, Unionjack said:

This is whats so infuriating as we have seen in our last purchases that we dont mind stumping up for players 'someone' wants.

Yet we miss out on KK for an extra £5mill and try to squeeze even more out of Barca than the already too much they already offered for Luiz!

And like it or not we could have taken the "200 mill offered for Eden when we will be very lucky to get £70 for him IF he decides to walk.

We haven't even discussed the 40M Drinkwater move (god, I wish we had Ox, he would have fit our AM role).  But, when it comes to quality, we hum and haw over 5M here and there.

43 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

The highest Real went was £175m. Granny said 215 or 220, some boated up number. I was hoping for £190-95m, as I knew they would not pay over the £199m that Neymar cost. At £190-195m, 5 or 10m more is piss pocket money to blow out a deal over in which RM would have only 2 full seasons of under 30yo play out of Hazard. If we do not make the CL it was a £100m or so mistake if he doesn't renew. No player is worth £100m plus salary for one season. Especially for a team in our shape. It wasn't like we were guaranteed EPL title locks and going for a record breaking 6th consecutive CL/Euro Cup trophy (Real won 5 in a row with Alfredo Di Stefano from 1956 to 1960.)

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The highest Real went was £175m. Granny said 215 or 220, some boated up number. I was hoping for £190-95m, as I knew they would not pay over the £199m that Neymar cost. At £190-195m, 5 or 10m more is piss pocket money to blow out a deal over in which RM would have only 2 full seasons of under 30yo play out of Hazard. If we do not make the CL it was a £100m or so mistake if he doesn't renew. No player is worth £100m plus salary for one season. Especially for a team in our shape. It wasn't like we were guaranteed EPL title locks and going for a record breaking 6th consecutive CL/Euro Cup trophy (Real won 5 in a row with Alfredo Di Stefano from 1956 to 1960.)

I honestly dont see RM coming for him. IF they want him they will wait it out.

I also see more goss again  of n Conte going to RM which would blow it out of the water.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I honestly dont see RM coming for him. IF they want him they will wait it out.

I also see more goss again  of n Conte going to RM which would blow it out of the water.

If we don't qualify for the CL, they will deffo come, and with a really lowball number. £80 to £100m. If we do qualify,  they may just wait and take him on a free or for £50, 60m in January 2020, if they think they truly need him for 2nd half of next season.

We are well and truly fucked if he doesn't renew. Last summer was sort n' sell time. 

Joe Cole on CHO...

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/new-chelsea-coach-joe-cole-urges-callum-hudson-odoi-to-watch-pedro-closely/1076020

“I think it’s very important for the club that he [Hudson-Odoi] develops.

“He can really progress. He’s going to learn from Hazard and the other players.

“For me, if I was Hudson-Odoi, I’d be watching Pedro’s movement off the ball because I think for any young player, that is pitch perfect. That’s what you want to be watching.”

Cole also tipped the 18-year-old, who has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich in January, to ‘go all the way’: “There’s so much capability for him to improve and he’s at the right club.

“He can go all the way. He’s got the talent.”

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi to get Bayern’s No.10 shirt if he completes £30m transfer from Chelsea

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/06/callum-hudson-odoi-get-bayerns-no-10-shirt-completes-30m-transfer-chelsea-8316139/

:(

I think he is offski! £120k, no 10 and weekly starter. Too much for a young lad to say no to.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I dont think so. 120k for someone with that few first team minutes. My ass. Bayern are a very conservatively run club. Would piss off too many other players and unhinge their wage structure. Also we can easily match the 120k if we want

I thought that too to start with. Its not in their character.

But these links just aint going away.

There has obviously been some chats between his reps and our board. And no doubt will have matched RLCs wages. Which is only £700k a year less than Rob Green (Ampadu is another one who needs a raise!) But cant see us paying him the £120k even if most of us would.

I dont think so. 120k for someone with that few first team minutes. My ass. Bayern are a very conservatively run club. Would piss off too many other players and unhinge their wage structure. Also we can easily match the 120k if we want
Agreed. Bayern aren't offering those wages to no youngsters

Watch Sarri start Willian and Pedro against Spurs on Tuesday and our fanbase go into a meltdown. Besides that, I am quietly confident he will stay with us. I don't think even our board is that stupid enough to let go of a young superstar during this current plague of injuries. Also with Willian and Pedro not exactly budding with youth and the mystery that clouds Edens future, it would be incredibly wise to keep him.