Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

15 hours ago, DDA said:

Hudson-Odi as a striker could actually work although I think his talents are best suited to the wing. This guy actually has amazing footwork. I haven't been this hyped about a player since I first saw Ronaldo. You can just see when somebody is special, it oozes out of them. I love watching them perform even if they don't play for us.

I feel exactly the same. It is crazy that this guy has just turned 17 in November. What we have seen from him is not too special compared to cameos of other academy products but you have to put it in perspective that usually our academy graduates first start for us when they are their early 20ies.But Hudson Odoi looks just as comfortable on the ball, confident on the field and particularly in his body than talents 4,5 years older than him. Usually 17 year olds no matte rhow quick or talented are lanky lads still moving a bit awkward. Even Ronaldo at 17 was a scrawny kid appearing to fall over with every stepover. Hudson-Odoi looks like he has been playing pro football for years already. I only hope he does not grow even bigger which might affect his agility. I really hoep we for once do not fuck this up.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I feel exactly the same. It is crazy that this guy has just turned 17 in November. What we have seen from him is not too special compared to cameos of other academy products but you have to put it in perspective that usually our academy graduates first start for us when they are their early 20ies.But Hudson Odoi looks just as comfortable on the ball, confident on the field and particularly in his body than talents 4,5 years older than him. Usually 17 year olds no matte rhow quick or talented are lanky lads still moving a bit awkward. Even Ronaldo at 17 was a scrawny kid appearing to fall over with every stepover. Hudson-Odoi looks like he has been playing pro football for years already. I only hope he does not grow even bigger which might affect his agility. I really hoep we for once do not fuck this up.

Him and Ampadu are a level above what we have seen from the youth that have gotten debuts without loans.

20 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

This guy's potential is far greater than that of the names you have mentioned. If any player from our academy has ever looked like he could actually break into the first eleven, then it is Hudson-Odoi. 

3 hours ago, DDA said:

This guy's potential is far greater than that of the names you have mentioned. If any player from our academy has ever looked like he could actually break into the first eleven, then it is Hudson-Odoi. 

I agree with dazzy Vance we have heard all this before about youth players at Chelsea I would love to see this kid do Amazing things at Chelsea tho 

On February 10, 2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

Bamford never had any potential, the hype over him was hype a younster for the sake of it territotry, infact i'd argue all those players you listed were overrated bar Tammy.

On 2/10/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

I think it's obvious to see Hudson-Odoi has superior qualities to any of them. He has attributes which make him stand out, for e.g his blistering pace, dribbling, vision, passing, goal scoring ability. As good as our previous academy prospects were, they never had these attributes all at once. At 17 he's won U17 world cup with England, being one of the best players on the field, all at the age of 16 years of age. He turned 17 at the end of the last year and already putting up impressive stats for his age. We will have to get used to it anyway, as if we don't make top four we will be seeing more and more youth, which imo is fine. 

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

infact i'd argue all those players you listed were overrated bar Tammy.

I agree. The last prospect who excited me as much as CHO does was Josh. Shame how his career panned out because he had endless ability on the ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a talent this player is. Was watching the highlights of our FAYC second leg with Birmingham. Man, this guy is on another level. Was literally Messi-like on the pitch. His second goal was a magnificent solo goal. If anyone could post a link, would be appreciated. May be able to view it on Chelsea youth twitter page. Still only 17, has featured for the first team in few games this season and looks the real deal. Will be interesting to see if he can get more minutes/possible start in final games towards end of season. Magnificent talent :clap:

23 hours ago, Stats said:

What a talent this player is. Was watching the highlights of our FAYC second leg with Birmingham. Man, this guy is on another level. Was literally Messi-like on the pitch. His second goal was a magnificent solo goal. If anyone could post a link, would be appreciated. May be able to view it on Chelsea youth twitter page. Still only 17, has featured for the first team in few games this season and looks the real deal. Will be interesting to see if he can get more minutes/possible start in final games towards end of season. Magnificent talent :clap:

He is most certainly the real deal. I am fully backing this guy to become a World Class player given the right management needed and obviously has to be mentally strong and hungry for that to happen. It's easy to understand the pessimism surrounding his growth given our track record when pushing 'our youth' onto the main stage. That being said, he could be ready to start as a regular first team football as early as next season. I hope he has a decent pre-season under whoever is at the helm.

His talent is very obvious to everyone who has seen him play but it's hard to get excited about him knowing our record with integrating academy products. Most likely he'll spend five spells on loan before ending up in the Romanian first division.

Does anyone get a Martial type vibe from him? Strikes me as very similar. Both strong, quick feet, and quite direct. Both seem comfortable on the wing or in the middle as well. 

Obviously CHO has a little while to get to that level, but their build and style of play is very similar IMO.

16 hours ago, Thor said:

Does anyone get a Martial type vibe from him? Strikes me as very similar. Both strong, quick feet, and quite direct. Both seem comfortable on the wing or in the middle as well. 

Obviously CHO has a little while to get to that level, but their build and style of play is very similar IMO.

I agree he does have a similar style to martial I hope we get to see him play in Europa league group stages next season 

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:07 AM, Thor said:

Martial is much more built, quite muscular/stocky player with CHO on the slim side but brilliant balance. With age, I assume he will build more muscle. But yes, the playing styles are hugely similar.