Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Just now, Rapkun said:

The only way to keep him right now is to force him to stay against his will and pressure Sarri into playing him. Otherwise he's leaving this month. 18 months on his contract is long enough as long as we show him trust. Unlike the KDB situation, he's a chelsea boy.

Yeah I agree, I'd take the risk and keep him here. Someone is still likely to come in the summer for him if we still can't convince him to stay.

Hopefully all he needs is an opportunity and he'll take it a little bit like RLC has done. It's a shame he has been injured recently because he would have got quite a decent amount of game time in our first team over Xmas. 

Hopefully he's fit enough to play in the cup this weekend and we can go from there.

5 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

No player regardless how good or talented he was has ever established him as a 1st team regular at Chelsea since John Terry. Let that sink in. 

The best we had was Christensen and that lasted less than a calender year. Now hes on the fringes and will probably leave.

We may aswell shut our academy down, it wouldnt make any difference at all to our club, except for the transfer fees we get for those kids. I love Chelsea as much as the next person, but personally I wouldn't think twice if I in his shoes. This is the most critical period period of his career.

The academy/loan army is one of the major money-making schemes we have.

It is all about the bottom line now, as Roman's wealth shrinks and he is under the cosh globally as a Putin collaborator.

Pulisic is a cash cow, as he will generate tens of millions in new yank revenue. I am sure they look at Lozano the same, just with the Mexican fanbase.

Paying 30m for him means Bayern thinks he's important player. Next season he'll replace Ribery.

But Chelsea doesn't let him sit on the bench.

Would you like to stay if you were Odoi?

If Chelsea want to hold Odoi, give him a chance instead of Willian/Pedro right now. Otherwise, he will leave.

10 hours ago, scargo said:

Paying 30m for him means Bayern thinks he's important player. Next season he'll replace Ribery.

But Chelsea doesn't let him sit on the bench.

Would you like to stay if you were Odoi?

If Chelsea want to hold Odoi, give him a chance instead of Willian/Pedro right now. Otherwise, he will leave.

i'd leave, there are lots of weak teams in the bundesliga to play him against

Chelsea transfer news: Journalist claims ‘agreement’ is DONE as player demands move

CHELSEA starlet Callum Hudson-Odoi already has an agreement in place with Bayern Munich and is demanding a January move.

That’s according to German journalist Raphael Honigstein.

The Bundesliga champions have identified the 18-year-old as one of their primary targets this month and have offered him a way out of Stamford Bridge.

Bayern have reportedly already seen bids of £15m and £20m rejected by the Blues, with Hudson-Odoi having less than 18 months remaining on his current contract.

Chelsea are reluctant to let him leave but the fact Bayern are refusing to back down in their pursuit suggests Hudson-Odoi has already made his mind up, says Honigstein.

“Chelsea will be hoping they will change his mind by turning these bids down now. Unless he gets more game-time, he’s pretty adamant he’s moving,” Honigstein told the Transfer Talk podcast.

“The fact Bayern are making these bids should be taking as a strong sign that the player wants to do this move.

“Bayern would not come back with a second bid if they didn’t feel they already had the agreement with the player to make this happen.

“He definitely wants to go - that much we can say for certain.

snip

After watching Zolas press. . . I am a lot more positive on our stance with Odoi. We obviously don't want to lose him, it's now up to him if he wants to leave. That bloody Sancho is the worse thing that happened to aid this situation. Little twat.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

After watching Zolas press. . . I am a lot more positive on our stance with Odoi. We obviously don't want to lose him, it's now up to him if he wants to leave. That bloody Sancho is the worse thing that happened to aid this situation. Little twat.

Too be fair I encourage more youngsters to take the Sancho route, if the club values you they will pay the big bucks to get you back. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

He's 100%  gone, if he wants to go... he will go. Club never stands in players way if they don't want to stay ie. Matic, Oscar, Ramires, Costa, Courtois etc...

We would have stood in the way of both the latter two had they not acted up the way they did. in fact, we did just that with Hazard.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We would have stood in the way of both the latter two had they not acted up the way they did. in fact, we did just that with Hazard.

Perhaps but if Real agreed a deal we would of let Eden go 100%. If the deal suits the club any player is available in all honesty.

This situation is everything that is wrong with the club.

Not trusting youth, not giving chances, slow in handling the deals, always waiting for the last minute. 

I get City didnt play Sancho, but they had top players on wings. We have jack shit and Odoi still doesnt get a sniff. 

But IMO its not even about playing time. Its about trust. Odoi is our biggest talent and I havent seen one bit of club doing anything to show any faith in him. Buying players like Pulisic,...sure a good player, but what does it tell Odoi? Big middle finger.

Odoi knows club will always prefer shit out of form Willian compared to him. And they will always buy foreign players that will get instant privilege ahead of Odoi. Odoi might get a game or two, but regardless how he plays, he will sit next game because his name isnt Willian.

If he leaves, I totaly understand. Hopefuly he stays, but move to a club with trust in youth might give massive boost to his career.

I dont blame Odoi, but the board. Fucking pathetic. 

Also I find it hilarious that Sarri keeps saying "we are short on options, Odoi injured etc" Pointing at Odoi injury in every interview. Just how convenient that Odoi got injured and suddenly we are out of depth. As if pre injury he was always playing or in plans, right? 

How many games he didnt even make the bench and wasnt injured? 

I get the outrage about him not getting a chance here but hes hardly going to waltz into Bayerns starting 11 in the next 18 months either. Or Juventus' 11. He has huge potential obviously but you would think this guy is prime Messi reading some posts. It is a shame after a promising pre-season he doesnt get more of a look in but such is our record with youth I am genuinely surprised anybody is shocked. The game against Watford he was poor, timid... he played better last season under Conte in the game time he got, looked more confident too. Further proof he can still improve here rather than Bayern. I think his minds made up though.