Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

I don't understand why there can't be a compromise. CHO signs a new contract, but is allowed to move on loan for the rest of the season or even for the next 18 months to develop and come back to us a better player ready for regular first team football. 

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't understand why there can't be a compromise. CHO signs a new contract, but is allowed to move on loan for the rest of the season or even for the next 18 months to develop and come back to us a better player ready for regular first team football. 

Unfortunately it appears the Sancho deal might work against us on this occasion.

I would honestly prefer to keep him and try to change his mind, if we lose him for free then fuck it!

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Unfortunately it appears the Sancho deal might work against us on this occasion.

I would honestly prefer to keep him and try to change his mind, if we lose him for free then fuck it!

I understand he feels the need to play first team football, but surely coming through our academy the dream would be to play first team football for us. 

If we're willing to give him the foundation to play first team football elsewhere for a period of time, you'd like to think he would be happy to get that and still have the chance to come back here and force his way in when he is more ready to do so.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I understand he feels the need to play first team football, but surely coming through our academy the dream would be to play first team football for us. 

If we're willing to give him the foundation to play first team football elsewhere for a period of time, you'd like to think he would be happy to get that and still have the chance to come back here and force his way in when he is more ready to do so.

It's easy for us to say all of that but when our manager is Sarri...

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

No player regardless how good or talented he was has ever established him as a 1st team regular at Chelsea since John Terry. Let that sink in. 

The best we had was Christensen and that lasted less than a calender year. Now hes on the fringes and will probably leave.

We may aswell shut our academy down, it wouldnt make any difference at all to our club, except for the transfer fees we get for those kids. I love Chelsea as much as the next person, but personally I wouldn't think twice if I in his shoes. This is the most critical period period of his career.

2 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

No player regardless how good or talented he was has ever established him as a 1st team regular at Chelsea since John Terry. Let that sink in. 

The best we had was Christensen and that lasted less than a calender year. Now hes on the fringes and will probably leave.

We may aswell shut our academy down, it wouldnt make any difference at all to our club, except for the transfer fees we get for those kids. I love Chelsea as much as the next person, but personally I wouldn't think twice if I in his shoes. This is the most critical period period of his career.

I think you should say the same thing for other clubs academy. 

Even Barcelona are not bringing top young players like before. 

13 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

He isn't good enough though. Nowere near as promising as what Odoi is.

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

He isn't good enough though. Nowere near as promising as what Odoi is.

christensen excelled in for mochengladbach vs top teams like bayern, juventus, manchester city. Had some very good spells for us too. Odoi has looked average vs poor opposition, i'm not seeing where the hype is coming from

Just now, lucio said:

christensen excelled in for mochengladbach vs top teams like bayern, juventus, manchester city. Had some very good spells for us too. Odoi has looked average vs poor opposition, i'm not seeing where the hype is coming from

Christensen is a good player man, don't get me wrong. I am not knocking he has potential. I just feel CHO is s special player who if given minutes will turn into a World Class player.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

What I really cannot understand, is why haven't we thrown down a huge bumper deal on the table. Sign him up and stip this speculation once and for all. This to me rings alarm bells that we may actually be willing to sell him. Now this will be one of the most embarrassing moves by our board of all time. Forget the Torres and Drinkwater deals, this would be the biggest fuck up ever.

Believe me, we will be throwing all the money at him to keep him. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up offering around £50k p/w. The issue is he does not want to sign a new deal and wants to leave because he does not see the gateway to the first team, whereas he can play elsewhere. Sarri has shown fuck all faith in him which has caused this. I don't think he is money orientated. He seems a level headed player. The lack of minutes for a talented individual whose contract runs out soon is poor and the board should have emphasized this to Sarri, despite him being manager. We couldn't even start him in a cup game against Derby ffs and left him as an unused sub.

The only way to keep him right now is to force him to stay against his will and pressure Sarri into playing him. Otherwise he's leaving this month. 18 months on his contract is long enough as long as we show him trust. Unlike the KDB situation, he's a chelsea boy.