Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

10 hours ago, It's too big said:

I like CHO as much as the next fan who wants youth to succeed, but from what i have seen from him in Europa against such low tier opposition and be nullified, I'm not sure he's going to be some PL game changer. It doesn't matter anyway as if we get a striker in Jan, can see Pedro being the first team starter over Willian on that RW. 

And now with both Pedro AND CHO injured we will either be playing RLC or Barlkes with Willian and Eden or be back using Morata/Giroud and Eden back on LW with Willian on RW.

Or we could just try RLC as striker

If Pedro really injured his hamstring, and Sarri persists with Hazard as the striker, I guess Callum will get to start one or two games :D

I know he also got some pain in his hamstring, but it didn't look as serious as Pedro's. Also, RLC can do a job on the right wing if both Pedro and CHO are injured.

I cannot believe football sometimes.
Pedro injured with Eden playing the striker role....
It was CHO's moment to shine. Finally there was a the very chance we had all been waiting for and his hanmstring goes.. 
Un fucking believable.
Well, it's not like he injured himself after 5 mins. He had half an hour to play, and didn't show much.
Also, don't know where was RLC yesterday, but he will be prefered choice for the wing anyway...

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's only one game, and his very first PL game. It's going to take time. Yes, some debuts are 'magical' like becoming a goalscorer/assist and it didn't happen.

This is why Sarri should have used him way earlier to gain the experience.

Add to the fact that because Sarri gave him stick by saying "he's not ready", he didn't want to screw up his big chance when it happened. But he did sort of screw up. I hope he learnt from a lot from the Watford game that it's a different thing and there's a lot more to improve.

He was played on tbe wrong side. He is not a RW.

I really am starting to question Sarri's decisions on multiple levels. If it wasn't for Hazard, we would be mid-table or worse.

I see a regressing team. Sorry to be so negative, but it is what I truly see atm. We had best do big business in January.

3 hours ago, El P. said:

Well, it's not like he injured himself after 5 mins. He had half an hour to play, and didn't show much.
Also, don't know where was RLC yesterday, but he will be prefered choice for the wing anyway...

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

He didn't show much because he is a LW. That is where he devastates. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

It's only one game, and his very first PL game. It's going to take time. Yes, some debuts are 'magical' like becoming a goalscorer/assist and it didn't happen.

This is why Sarri should have used him way earlier to gain the experience.

Add to the fact that because Sarri gave him stick by saying "he's not ready", he didn't want to screw up his big chance when it happened. But he did sort of screw up. I hope he learnt from a lot from the Watford game that it's a different thing and there's a lot more to improve.

Yes, but he's not going to be some game changer at 18 years old. We aren't talking about an 18 year old Messi here. Callum is a good young player, but for fans to expect him to change games it's ridiculous. It is why we need more experience and quality up top. Callum's strongest position is also on the LW, cutting in on his right, but with Hazard taking that spot normally, he won't be getting loads of chances. A loan may suffice. 

6 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Yes, but he's not going to be some game changer at 18 years old. We aren't talking about an 18 year old Messi here. Callum is a good young player, but for fans to expect him to change games it's ridiculous. It is why we need more experience and quality up top. Callum's strongest position is also on the LW, cutting in on his right, but with Hazard taking that spot normally, he won't be getting loads of chances. A loan may suffice. 

Agree. Tho I would dearly love to see the kid come good for us.

What we need is to be upgrading our starters to use current ones for depth. Not use young lads 'with potential'

But I'm not sure he would accept the loan seeing as hes not signed his extension yet. Hes been with us since he was 6 and suppose he has always dreamed about being in Hazards shoes but I think all the hype we pour on our younguns gets into their heads and they begin to believe they are already at that level. We do it too early just like we did RLC.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

So people asked for him to play RW ahead of Willian, plays there, was meh, now its an excuse about hes a LW player, a position hes rarely ever going to play if Eden is there. He and Willian swapped, CHO played on the left for a while too and was meh again. So make your minds up folk.

He can play both sides, easily, its just he struggled, he needs more minutes to get any sort of momentum. Last night was his first PL appearance this season. Just need to be patient and stop overrating him from the start. Hes a top talent but has got to grow yet, Jody Morris said he wasnt ready for first team football a while ago and Sarri also stated it. Last night was proof that he still has to learn. Hopefully he continues to get more momentum with Pedro being injured but he also picked up a injury so who knows.

He was feeling a pain in his hamstring a week ago. He was playing with the same pain yesterday, so maybe that's why he played conservatively and with a lack of explosoveness.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

He was feeling a pain in his hamstring a week ago. He was playing with the same pain yesterday, so maybe that's why he played conservatively and with a lack of explosoveness.

Well we woill be without both him and Pedro now I would think playing a team that beat Shitty 5 days ago at theirs and put 3 past them.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Well we woill be without both him and Pedro now I would think playing a team that beat Shitty 5 days ago at theirs and put 3 past them.

City are shit lately. If we turn up we will beat the mighty Crystal Palace. We have mediocrity in depth so no worries if any player bar Hazard is injured.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

City are shit lately. If we turn up we will beat the mighty Crystal Palace. We have mediocrity in depth so no worries if any player bar Hazard is injured.

Stick RLC as striker or leave Eden and put RLC RW

Just now, Unionjack said:

Stick RLC as striker or leave Eden and put RLC RW

I would like that a lot. RLC was hugely effective on the wing lately..few teams are equipped to handle a player his size on the wing and he would also be a threat from distance and aerially. I think we have seen enough proof why having too many similar players on the Pitch is detrimental. The wins vs City and Watford were kinda flukey. Apart from the Kanye and hazards chances how many more did we create? Yes Morata and Giroux are shot scorers but we create way more chances with a big striker on the pitch. Defenders have to stay tight tomhim and that leaves more space for the agile players to run into.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I would like that a lot. RLC was hugely effective on the wing lately..few teams are equipped to handle a player his size on the wing and he would also be a threat from distance and aerially. I think we have seen enough proof why having too many similar players on the Pitch is detrimental. The wins vs City and Watford were kinda flukey. Apart from the Kanye and hazards chances how many more did we create? Yes Morata and Giroux are shot scorers but we create way more chances with a big striker on the pitch. Defenders have to stay tight tomhim and that leaves more space for the agile players to run into.

Tho I admit I've never been RLCs biggest fan he plays better in front 3 than in CM.

I don't know how you can say our win v Shitty was flukey bud. That 2nd half we did everything right.

Peeps moan about the sideways/back passes but it worked against them perfect. Brought them out, got them frustrated. And we really zipped in quick when we saw the gaps open. Made me shout at the telly!

And how they just ruled the middle 1/3 of the pitch, stayed tight, wee baldy man close to Jorgi to help him out and press forward.

Thought we were great.

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mate its reading reports like this that just makes you happy to what we are doing right now and that it can work. And that the board needs to fully commit to Sarri

http://global.espn.com/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3724976/why-the-premier-league-should-be-afraid-of-sarri-ball-once-chelsea-master-it

My old man nailed it yesterday - Callum is just too "safe" when he plays. He's scared of taking risks. I totally understand that - he doesn't want to fuck up - but he is playing in a position that, especially in our system, demands he beats a player 1v1. Did he attempt even a single take-on yesterday? Every single action was a Jorginho-esque sideways pass.