Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, mccg said:

If CHO leaves I am calling for Sarri's head. Simple. We are going to lose Eden soon. Time to face that reality.

If those bans hit and we lose them both with no buys, we are so fucked. Imagine 2 years of Moses, a 31, 32yo Willian and a 33, 34yo Pedro as our wingers. Plus,  if we dont deal in January and bans come right after, Giroud and Morata as our strikers. I wont even have to call for his head. He will bang on be sacked by the holidays 2019.

Oh, unless Musonda, Tammy and Bats save us!!!! NOT, so fucking NOT.

"I think he played very well but the type of match was for his characteristics as they had 10 men after seven minutes. We only needed to play in the offensive phase, he's very able to do this but I want to see him in a match when he has to play in a defensive phase."

Then play him in a competitive game and we'll find out ffs

3 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

"I think he played very well but the type of match was for his characteristics as they had 10 men after seven minutes. We only needed to play in the offensive phase, he's very able to do this but I want to see him in a match when he has to play in a defensive phase."

Then play him in a competitive game and we'll find out ffs

Well they do see him practice, like every day... ;) 

(With lucio here) While I am also unsure whether CHO will be a good vs amazing player (only an amazing player would play at 18), there is really no reason not to play him against certain PL opposition, say Fulham? esp considering Willian produces so little in the final third.

There is team management involved (not to lose the starters and then the locker room), but yeah Pedro should be the starter on the right when fit, esp against stronger opposition IMO.

15 hours ago, Robguima said:

Well they do see him practice, like every day... ;) 

(With lucio here) While I am also unsure whether CHO will be a good vs amazing player (only an amazing player would play at 18), there is really no reason not to play him against certain PL opposition, say Fulham? esp considering Willian produces so little in the final third.

There is team management involved (not to lose the starters and then the locker room), but yeah Pedro should be the starter on the right when fit, esp against stronger opposition IMO.

The massive problem with Willian is that the board (ie Roman et al.) AND Sarri rate him top 10 or near in the world in RW'ers. This is crazy on multiple fronts as Willian is a LWer by nature not even a true RW.

Marina demanded 75 MILLION QUID from Barca for him. She (ie Roman, her puppetmaster) turned down £65m.

Let's look at the only RWers in the world that we kow for sure they rate (via actions of board, also via common sense rankings, AND the words of Sarri himself) over Willian.

Mbappe

Messi

Salah

Sterling

Bernardo Silva (HUGE fuck-up by us as we could have had him (he also can play MF) but went for fucking Donkeyoko instead)

Federico Chiesa (Sarri's own words, but I must add his natural position IMHO is at LW)

Federico Bernardeschi (Sarri's own words)

Gareth Bale (I would do a straight swap plus say £10m to 20m, no more, as Bale is soon 30 too, but obviously as massive upgrade, although thsi will NEVER happen, unless its included in some crazy Eden deal)

Ousmane Dembélé (who can play either wing, and I add him on rep, I am not even sure if we rate him over Willian, which is insane IF, and thsi is a huge IF, Dembele gets his head on right)

that's IT

MAYBE Pulisic too, (not sure on that, so much rumours and I think that Pulisic, whilst better than Willian by far, is NOT our best option)

that puts Willian in top ten RW in WORLD in their eyes.

Here are all the players the do NOT rate above Willian at RW (by actions, words, or lack of effort to chase, or simple gut feel from me)

this list is jaw-dropping to me (and I have to add, is not in order)

every one of these would be/would have been an upgrade over Willian IMHO, although obviously some more than others

Riyad Mahrez

Jadon Sancho (would be my actual number one want , especially as he can play either wing, but Shitty have a buy-back/right to match deal with Dortmund, so he will NEVER be allowed to come here until he is sold again)

Nicolas Pépé (my number one choice if we cannot prise out Chiesa and/or mayo Bernardeschi, all things considered, super young explosive talent)

Leon Bailey (like Dembele, has personal issues, unlike Dembele he is having a shit year, I think is worth a gamble perhaps if Bayer decides to dump him)

Douglas Costa (as long as he doesnt head butt and spit on people, LOLOLOL, would be a terror on the right with his pace)

Florian Thauvin (many haters here for him, but I absolutely would consider him an upgrade)

Malcom (wow did we fuck that one up)

Suso

Hirving Lozano

Iñaki Williams

David Neres

Ángel Correa

Matteo Politano (tracking to 10 goals and 14 assists if he played full time for Inter)

Wilfried Zaha

Domenico Berardi (very underrated, tracking to  14-15 goals,  11-12 assists for a bog standard Sassuolo team)

thats 25 RWers who would be an upgrade over Willian (almost all younger, most by far, and most , save for 6 or 7, would be doable)

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The massive problem with Willian is that the board (ie Roman et al.) AND Sarri rate him top 10 or near in the world in RW'ers. This is crazy on multiple fronts as Willian is a LWer by nature not even a true RW.

Marina demanded 75 MILLION QUID from Barca for him. She (ie Roman, her puppetmaster) turned down £65m.

Let's look at the only RWers in the world that we kow for sure they rate (via actions of board, also via common sense rankings, AND the words of Sarri himself) over Willian.

Mbappe

Messi

Salah

Sterling

Bernardo Silva (HUGE fuck-up by us as we could have had him (he also can play MF) but went for fucking Donkeyoko instead)

Federico Chiesa (Sarri's own words, but I must add his natural position IMHO is at LW)

Federico Bernardeschi (Sarri's own words)

Gareth Bale (I would do a straight swap plus say £10m to 20m, no more, as Bale is soon 30 too, but obviously as massive upgrade, although thsi will NEVER happen, unless its included in some crazy Eden deal)

Ousmane Dembélé (who can play either wing, and I add him on rep, I am not even sure if we rate him over Willian, which is insane IF, and thsi is a huge IF, Dembele gets his head on right)

that's IT

MAYBE Pulisic too, (not sure on that, so much rumours and I think that Pulisic, whilst better than Willian by far, is NOT our best option)

that puts Willian in top ten RW in WORLD in their eyes.

Here are all the players the do NOT rate above Willian at RW (by actions, words, or lack of effort to chase, or simple gut feel from me)

this list is jaw-dropping to me (and I have to add, is not in order)

every one of these would be/would have been an upgrade over Willian IMHO, although obviously some more than others

Riyad Mahrez

Jadon Sancho (would be my actual number one want , especially as he can play either wing, but Shitty have a buy-back/right to match deal with Dortmund, so he will NEVER be allowed to come here until he is sold again)

Nicolas Pépé (my number one choice if we cannot prise out Chiesa and/or mayo Bernardeschi, all things considered, super young explosive talent)

Leon Bailey (like Dembele, has personal issues, unlike Dembele he is having a shit year, I think is worth a gamble perhaps if Bayer decides to dump him)

Douglas Costa (as long as he doesnt head butt and spit on people, LOLOLOL, would be a terror on the right with his pace)

Florian Thauvin (many haters here for him, but I absolutely would consider him an upgrade)

Malcom (wow did we fuck that one up)

Suso

Hirving Lozano

Iñaki Williams

David Neres

Ángel Correa

Matteo Politano (tracking to 10 goals and 14 assists if he played full time for Inter)

Wilfried Zaha

Domenico Berardi (very underrated, tracking to  14-15 goals,  11-12 assists for a bog standard Sassuolo team)

thats 25 RWers who would be an upgrade over Willian (almost all younger, most by far, and most , save for 6 or 7, would be doable)

Once again I can't asses who is "better" than willian esp because most of them play in entirely different leagues and teams.

While I am not a fan o Willian, I have to say he starts for Brazil all the time and for different managers too. So, the point is that as much as we may disagree, it is still not a crazy thing to think that (that he's a top player).

Many of the alternatives you listed are either not available or big expensive gambles. It's not that easy to scout and sign players. That's why some of these scouts make fortunes and become very famous sometimes even influencing clubs and their signings.

I happen to know Douglas Costa very well since he came from Gremio Porto Alegre (my hometown). He's very overrated, good player, but very inconsistent and kinda one trick pony. Of course, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Once again I can't asses who is "better" than willian esp because most of them play in entirely different leagues and teams.

While I am not a fan o Willian, I have to say he starts for Brazil all the time and for different managers too. So, the point is that as much as we may disagree, it is still not a crazy thing to think that (that he's a top player).

Many of the alternatives you listed are either not available or big expensive gambles. It's not that easy to scout and sign players. That's why some of these scouts make fortunes and become very famous sometimes even influencing clubs and their signings.

I happen to know Douglas Costa very well since he came from Gremio Porto Alegre (my hometown). He's very overrated, good player, but very inconsistent and kinda one trick pony. Of course, IMO.

Every time i see a post about Willian it's either people going too far with praise or too far with criticism, it's ridiculous that no one can seem to find the correct middle ground with him.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Every time i see a post about Willian it's either people going too far with praise or too far with criticism, it's ridiculous that no one can seem to find the correct middle ground with him.

Agreed.

Well we all have our personal preferences and hyperboles are just so much fun! :)

But yeah a reality check once in a while can do wonders.

22 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Ah. one of my besties is from Porto Alegre. She is Swedish/Danish/Norwegian but born there in Rio Grande do Sul. Her family story is pretty extraordinary and also fucked up (father's side via grandfather and great-uncles ( the Norse/Dane part) were Nazis who came to Brasil via the rat-lines post WWII).

Anywhoooo....

Only 7 or so of those RWers are undoable. I even said that. Most would not be THAT huge of a gamble, and it is not like we would be selling a truly great player. Willian is never going to be that. We simply have to replace him. He isn't good enough. If you think he is then we just simply disagree. After Luiz and our strikers, he is our worst starter. Then Alonso and Azpi. Those last two are due to Sarriball. I rate Alonso as a wing-back, but we dont play wingbacks.  Alonso is too slow and cannot track back when he gets too far forward. He also cannot beat people 1 on 1 due to turtle pace from a standstill. Azpi is simply not good enough with offensive thrusting and is worn down due to insane minutes the last 4 or 5 years.