Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bild now reporting Bayern still interested. i dont buy it though

Didn't Simon Johnson say last night CHO is not expected to go anywhere?

He's played 225 minutes out of 270 possible in the last three games. Granted the full 90 min games were in the League Cup but he looks to be getting more game time now. Only game he didn't get any minutes so far was the Liverpool match in which the game plan got totally fucked with Christensen's red card.

When the CL starts after international break there will be two games a week for pretty much the remainder of 2020 and depending on FA Cup / CL runs the tight schedule could continue well into 2021 so he'll get his chances, I'm sure of it. Some  games he'll start and some he'll be a sub but I would still expect him to feature in most games even after Ziyech/Pulisic are back. No way he'd play more at Bayern behind Gnabry/Sane/Coman and if he still really wants to go there it's less about playing time and more about some other reason.

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Didn't Simon Johnson say last night CHO is not expected to go anywhere?

He's played 225 minutes out of 270 possible in the last three games. Granted the full 90 min games were in the League Cup but he looks to be getting more game time now. Only game he didn't get any minutes so far was the Liverpool match in which the game plan got totally fucked with Christensen's red card.

When the CL starts after international break there will be two games a week for pretty much the remainder of 2020 and depending on FA Cup / CL runs the tight schedule could continue well into 2021 so he'll get his chances, I'm sure of it. Some  games he'll start and some he'll be a sub but I would still expect him to feature in most games even after Ziyech/Pulisic are back. No way he'd play more at Bayern behind Gnabry/Sane/Coman and if he still really wants to go there it's less about playing time and more about some other reason.

They have no chance to get him if we dont want to sell and i just dont see it. he has 4 years left onhis contract obviously. I would not mind selling him if we got an outrageous offer and a possibility to loan a replacmeent or so but otherwise why should we sell our only backup winger...

The only reason we should let him go is if callum is fully forcing it and refusing to play etc etc as we don't want a player like that in the squad whatever needs we have... BUT I really don't believe callum is that sort of guy and all the reports are that he gets on well with Frank etc even if he does want more play time as all players do

Chelsea winger = Ziyech, Puli, maybe Werner 
Bayern winger = Sane, Gnabry,Coman
Not sure, how someone can say that Bayern has less depth. 
Sane is injured right now and Coman will get injured eventually too. It is only a matter of time.

At Chelsea, Mount will play winger before CHO will.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Sane is injured right now and Coman will get injured eventually too. It is only a matter of time.

At Chelsea, Mount will play winger before CHO will.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Pulisic is injured, Ziyech is injured. 

CHO has started the last two and if he didn't perform, muller will start over him 

Too many whispers about this Bayern thing to be bullshit, something sure looks to be going on behind the scenes.

Guess we'll know more tomorrow when the lineups are announced. If CHO doesn't even make the bench after being a key figure in the last league match and playing the full 90mins against Spurs in midweek he's as good as gone but if he's named in the 18 man squad I'd expect him to stay. So far Lampard has been quite clear on his selections and the likes of Rüdiger/Barkley/RLC stopped getting in the squad as soon as there was solid talk of them being on their way out.

Like I said earlier today, if he forces a move to Bayern it's not about the playing time but rather his head's been turned by Bayern since last year. Signing the new contract made sense for him at the time because he was only coming back from a horrible injury and the new deal secured him a lucrative future no matter how his career turned out after the achilles surgery but now that Bayern want him again he seems desperate to go. Using the playing time as a reason to leave just seems a really poor excuse if he then forces a move to the club with probably the best winger setup in the world at the moment.

Of course I couldn't really blame the guy for wanting to be the 3rd/4th choice winger at a treble winning Bayern team who win league titles and domestic cups by default if the alternative is to be 3rd/4th choice winger at a Chelsea team still in rebuild phase with no immediate success in sight.

I'd rather keep him in the team because I think he's a really talented young player but if Callum himself is forcing a move I won't blame the club / Lamps for this. Of course there have been certain times over the last year when I think he could have started and for one reason or another didn't play but most of the time I think his handling has been quite fair. He still managed to get ~1500 mins last season despite missing 20 games through various injuries and having to be eased back in after recovering from said injuries. Last season he was quite rarely fully fit for consistent periods of time so considering that I'd say the club and Lampard backed him a lot for a 19yo guy, so if after all that he's still unhappy about something and wants to go then good riddance and I just hope the club can secure a good enough deal for his transfer and sort out a replacement (ie. Benrahma). But I still hope he stays and continues his development at Chelsea.

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Chelsea winger = Ziyech, Puli, maybe Werner 

Bayern winger = Sane, Gnabry,Coman

Not sure, how someone can say that Bayern has less depth. 

To me it feels like they are adding CHO just to improve squad depth. 

Just like how they used Coutinho on loan from Barca.

I say fuck em. Why should we give up our squad depth, to add to theirs?

If they had genuine plans to used CHO in their starting 11, and thus improve his development as a player, that's a different matter. But in a squad like Bayerns, I doubt that it's the case

Guardian's story on the CHO-Bayern situation...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/02/bayern-munich-in-talks-with-chelsea-over-callum-hudson-odoi-loan-deal

Bayern Munich want to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi on loan before the transfer window shuts on Monday and have held talks with Chelsea about a deal for the 19-year-old winger.

The Bundesliga champions tried to buy Hudson-Odoi before the youngster committed his future to Chelsea last year, signing a deal worth £120,000 a week, and have maintained their interest in the player. Bayern would like to bolster their options in the wide positions, even though they have already signed Leroy Sané to compete with Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman.

Hudson-Odoi has had a difficult time since suffering an achilles injury in April 2019. He has not been a regular starter for Frank Lampard and Chelsea’s manager did not rule out the possibility of the academy graduate leaving on loan last week. Lampard has called the England international’s workrate into question on several occasions.

It is understood a deal to take Hudson-Odoi to Bayern would not be easy to complete in such a short space of time. Another complication is that Hudson-Odoi is not desperate to leave Chelsea, who could decide to keep a player regarded as one of the best young talents in Europe. He has started twice for Chelsea in the Carabao Cup this season and impressed after coming off the bench against West Brom last week, scoring a fine goal as they fought back from a goal down to rescue a point.

However, there are doubts over whether Hudson-Odoi will play regularly enough this season and a move before Monday night has not been ruled out. It is not clear if any deal would contain an option or obligation for the European champions to buy the winger at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, Hutcho said:

The only reason we should let him go is if callum is fully forcing it and refusing to play etc etc as we don't want a player like that in the squad whatever needs we have... BUT I really don't believe callum is that sort of guy and all the reports are that he gets on well with Frank etc even if he does want more play time as all players do

I cant blame him. Lets be honest, Bayern looks a better place for him to develop as a player. 

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

I cant blame him. Lets be honest, Bayern looks a better place for him to develop as a player. 

and they only have two healthy wingers (and only 3 on the team)

they are very low on depth overall (not just at winger) especially if Alaba leaves and they sign no more players

they have only 3 experienced CB's then, plus an 18yo , and one of the 3 is 32yo fading Boateng, plus another of the 3 is Lucas, who is the only other LB on the team as well

their only other option is their starting RB, Pavard (who then forces Kimmich to RB, which fucks them at DMF, as shown below)

they have no backups at both fullbacks unless they also pull starters from other positions,

they have only a very inexperienced (zero topflight footie) Adrian Fein to back up Kimmich at DMF, so if Kimmich has to play RB, it is Fein or nothing

and only a teen (Zirkzee) to backup Lewa at CF

PLUS, with Thiago gone and Michaël Cuisance  probably leaving, they have only ONE healthy CMF, Tolisso, as Leon Goretzka is injured atm

that is MADNESS that they are that thin atm

9e4ff8bc2c6f8d3e6896a684ad6efadc.png

Bayern Munich’s Leroy Sane is out with a knee injury

After a positive start for Bayern Munich, Leroy Sane will be sidelined for a couple of weeks after he was injured in a match against Hoffenheim.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/9/29/21493379/bayern-munich-news-injury-update-leroy-sane-injured-knee-hoffenheim-bundesliga-comeback-hansi-flick

Even if he is forcing it doubt he will leave with just a few days left. The problem is Lampard has this bad habit of sidelining players if he doesn't like them or their attitude, good chances he might barely play next few months.

Even if he is forcing it doubt he will leave with just a few days left. The problem is Lampard has this bad habit of sidelining players if he doesn't like them or their attitude, good chances he might barely play next few months.
Theres zero evidence he doesn't like him. And of players have a bad attitude that's not a problem with lampard. Players with bad attitudes shouldn't play. Not saying callum has a bad attitude as again we have no evidence of that.

People have very short memories acting as if callum has played amazing all last year and not playing is crazy. He had a very bad game vs Barnsley. Got anothet chance of the bench vs West Brom and did well and then played vs spurs and did pretty well. He gets game time when he does well.

36 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Theres zero evidence he doesn't like him. And of players have a bad attitude that's not a problem with lampard. Players with bad attitudes shouldn't play. Not saying callum has a bad attitude as again we have no evidence of that.

People have very short memories acting as if callum has played amazing all last year and not playing is crazy. He had a very bad game vs Barnsley. Got anothet chance of the bench vs West Brom and did well and then played vs spurs and did pretty well. He gets game time when he does well.

I'm sorry but you don't play a playmaker over him as a winger even as shit as his been lately, you send a bad message to the player and his confidence. I think Lampard rates him from what I've seen in interviews but there is to much smoke in this Bayern links for me to believe something isn't right from either side, leaning towards Frank more to be honest. The Tomori situation was easily the most ambiguity shit I've ever seen, put up decent performances and out of the sudden wasn't making even the bench, that was beyond strange, it's not like the other centre backs were outperforming him.