Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would have been interesting to see if Hazard's still at the club. His talent is undeniable but the same can't be said about his work rate and desire. 

Hazard was smart he didn't always look interested and track back, but he was hardly ever injured and he took some stick. Think the key for hazard was he didn't burn him self out in training and was brilliant and conserving energy 

I wasnt here but from what I picked up on was that Bats kept getting time, playing his usual non effectual self, while Giroooo kept the bench warm. MAYBE just 1 of those games we lost could have been avoided. We seemed to be making a lot of chances but not putting them away.

Was this down to stubbornness? 

I think the plan was that giroud would get sold in January as he didn't fit the style of play we wanted to and want to play as we can see going forwards and then that sort of changed in January through necessity and then giroud when he came in was great for us.

So I don't know. I imagine it's something Frank would have done differently if he could do it again and I think he was clinging to a hope that batshuayi or Abraham would grab the job and make them undroppable which tammy sort of did before he got injured when he was scoring regular but never did in the second half of the season.

But he's not perfect and has made mistakes as all managers have and can only play 11. I don't think it's a case that only a few players give a lot of effort at training. I'm sure 95 percent do so it's probably not as black and white as it may appear.

But in reference to what was talked about previously. If you're good enough you'll play I'm talking about the top top quality players. I. E. Hazard, kante etc. To some extent pulisic once he was firing as there was a big period of time everyone was worried that he wouldn't got played. He came in did really well and then only got taken out when he was injured.

I don't think we had many players last season who were that good that training didn't matter as they were all somewhat fringe players or young players with something to prove which is why the "performances in training" gets thrown around.

I'm sure Timo Werner, kante etc are beasts in training but it's not like he'd have a bad couple of training sessions and be dropped. If someone like CHO, or jorgi or mount or christensen weren't giving it 100 percent then I could see them getting left out.

4 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

I think the plan was that giroud would get sold in January as he didn't fit the style of play we wanted to and want to play as we can see going forwards and then that sort of changed in January through necessity and then giroud when he came in was great for us.

So I don't know. I imagine it's something Frank would have done differently if he could do it again and I think he was clinging to a hope that batshuayi or Abraham would grab the job and make them undroppable which tammy sort of did before he got injured when he was scoring regular but never did in the second half of the season.

But he's not perfect and has made mistakes as all managers have and can only play 11. I don't think it's a case that only a few players give a lot of effort at training. I'm sure 95 percent do so it's probably not as black and white as it may appear.

Thing is that us lot cant ask him questions like that, And he would probably not answer them truthfully He leaned the languages of smoke & Mirrors and complete BS at the foot of the master lol

Funny how he was sidelined after the bloke broke the isolation rule because he wanted a blowjob and Lampard got pissed and started punishing him for it but when Mount was dicking on the field with Rice in isolation Lampard didn't take any measure or use any punishment for dear Mount.

Funny how he was sidelined after the bloke broke the isolation rule because he wanted a blowjob and Lampard got pissed and started punishing him for it but when Mount was dicking on the field with Rice in isolation Lampard didn't take any measure or use any punishment for dear Mount.

I’m sure it’s because he didn’t invite him to that BJ.

Callum will only go as far as his attitude will take him. Right now he strikes me as too cool, he needs to get pissed and go take a spot in the team, not cry and want to go to Bayern. 

I will say, it seems silly for Lampard to play a top 3 with Havertz as a false 9 and Werner and Mount on the wing. Why not play Havertz in the 10 role with CHO and Mount on the wing and Werner up top. FL does need to stop reinventing the wheel and put players in positions to be successful. If it doesn't work early in a game then do a Mourinho and pull one off after 16 minutes to change shape. 

4 hours ago, Hutcho said:

I wasn't saying you hated mount just several of the shite you read on twitter and areas of this forum would lead someone to having that assumption.

I do agree with the majority of what you say there. I don't think our views are too dissimilar. I would like to see him get more of a run in the team where possible.

But I don't believe any tin foil hat theories of lampard having a vendetta against the guy or anything like that and making it sound like he's left out a prime hazard or something.

But going forwards, especially against weaker opposition such as Barnsley and West Brom (assuming Pully and ziyech are still out) would be great games for CHO to play. Whether he will or not time will tell.

Agreed. I will say, it seems Odois application isn't to the levels I expect let alone what Frank expects lol. He does seem half assed sometimes and he really needs to seize his opportunities.

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

In all honesty what has CHO done to show u personally hes a better player than mount? 

His technical ability far surpasses Mounts in my opinion. Maybe the assists to games ratio is higher no? I do think both Odoi and Mount are in desperate need of improving their finishing. Not clinical enough. Odoi is far superior in ball control and dribbling... and his overall footballing I.Q is sharper. Just my opinion of course. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Would have been interesting to see if Hazard's still at the club. His talent is undeniable but the same can't be said about his work rate and desire. 

Bit of a daft comparison, no offence.

Hazard had achieved something here and also in France, he had shown he was potentially an outstanding player who would be world class with a little push or two after he led Lille to a league title and even after 2 seasons here it was so so clear to see Mourinho would help him get to that level. Comparing Callum to him in this situation or any would be a disservice to Eden.

Even then, on hard work and desire, considering Eden played in a Mourinho team for 2.5 seasons which required hard work that someone of his ability obviously didnt necessarily want to be doing to focus more on offensive actions higher up the pitch. Even then the game plan was sit deep and pass to Eden to let him do it all which obviously required a lot of hard work as he was the look to guy if Cesc or Costa didnt do anything. Conte free’d him up and so did Sarri but not because he was lazy as such, because he was undoubtedly the best player in the PL and earned much more freedom but he still had to work hard in some games particularly without the ball also. Its not the work rate and desire in games either I was meaning, its the willingness to put the work it in training and fight for his place. Frank wouldnt be saying Callum has to keep training hard if he was already doing so IMO.

Plus Callum isn't good enough yet where he can afford to throw the toys out of the pram after not playing regularly 2 games into a season and request a meeting over his future due to playing time for the 2nd season running and third time in 3 seasons hes been talked about leaving. He has potential yes but if that means he thinks hes earned some sort of god given right that he should start every week he is sadly mistaken.

If he wasnt an academy player there would be a lot less leniency towards this in my opinion. Just as there was a bit of dislike with the whole will he go will he stay shit Eden had sort of pulled in an interview with some Belgian journalist midway through the season betore he left. Or it annoyed me anyway. Alongside the several interviews that same dickhead journalist had done with Courtois also about maybe leaving etc. And thats two guys who were world class, who had been key in 2 title wins, won a few domestic trophies and others etc. Not somebody whos played under 50 times and luckily managed to pressure the club into giving him a huge deal.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bit of a daft comparison, no offence.

Hazard had achieved something here and also in France, he had shown he was potentially an outstanding player who would be world class with a little push or two after he led Lille to a league title and even after 2 seasons here it was so so clear to see Mourinho would help him get to that level. Comparing Callum to him in this situation or any would be a disservice to Eden.

Even then, on hard work and desire, considering Eden played in a Mourinho team for 2.5 seasons which required hard work that someone of his ability obviously didnt necessarily want to be doing to focus more on offensive actions higher up the pitch. Even then the game plan was sit deep and pass to Eden to let him do it all which obviously required a lot of hard work as he was the look to guy if Cesc or Costa didnt do anything. Conte free’d him up and so did Sarri but not because he was lazy as such, because he was undoubtedly the best player in the PL and earned much more freedom but he still had to work hard in some games particularly without the ball also. Its not the work rate and desire in games either I was meaning, its the willingness to put the work it in training and fight for his place. Frank wouldnt be saying Callum has to keep training hard if he was already doing so IMO.

Plus Callum isn't good enough yet where he can afford to throw the toys out of the pram after not playing regularly 2 games into a season and request a meeting over his future due to playing time for the 2nd season running and third time in 3 seasons hes been talked about leaving. 

If he wasnt an academy player there would be a lot less leniency towards this in my opinion. Just as there was a bit of dislike with the whole will he go will he stay shit Eden had sort of pulled in an interview with some Belgian journalist midway through the season betore he left. Or it annoyed me anyway. Alongside the several interviews that same dickhead journalist had done with Courtois also about maybe leaving etc. And thats two guys who were world class, who had been key in 2 title wins, won a few domestic trophies and others etc. Not somebody whos played under 50 times and luckily managed to pressure the club into giving him a huge deal.

The overreaction to a throwaway comment is hilarious. :lol: 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So we should loan him and virtually have no other winger on the bench in an already congested season. 

Marvelous idea. 

He has been useless so far tho. Maybe we should sign another winger to replace him

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are 3 game in! Why are we so quick to lose trust in a young player?

Im not losing trust just accepting that he can’t help us right now. If we loan him out we need a replacement surely. Cho is 19 he can still become good but the problem with young players is that they need to play but we can’t afford an out of form payer time on the pitch when we are integrating half a new XI