Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi


The Skipper
 Share
Followers 10

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When he runs at players, he makes things happen. Needs to keep going and do it most weeks. Sometimes he’s still playing too safe.

It's something I've mentioned before but, he seems to have lost that part of his game since his injury & doesn't trust himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcos Alonso to Hudson-Odoi: “Bayern Munich? We are Chelsea, another great team, the Premier League is the most competitive league in the world, I don’t know why someone would go to Bayern Munich” Ha

Callum Hudson-Odoi has more assists in 59 minutes than Willian has since October.

At last a manager speaking clearly, straight and not dodging questions.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When he runs at players, he makes things happen. Needs to keep going and do it most weeks. Sometimes he’s still playing too safe.

Very much this.  Makes one move and then gives up if it isn't there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He delivers again... He got run of games like never before... Malmo sub in first half got assist, scored against Norwich, played as RWB against Southampton which should not happen anymore, against Newcastle had great game, played big part in first goal... And now again. This is what you want from an attacker. And he is still just 20. Another start against Burnley please. Has pace, dribbling, creativity...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

CHO made the right call, his position at Chelsea is not very secure. With Timo, Pulisic, and Lukaku coming back from injury he may find himself back to lesser role. 

Don't think it's secured either way and one might argue that CHO could be better off playing during the international break to at least maintain his momentum instead of going two weeks without playing. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jase said:

Don't think it's secured either way and one might argue that CHO could be better off playing during the international break to at least maintain his momentum instead of going two weeks without playing. 

So you must think the players that are not going on international break do nothing and Tuchel doesn’t utilize any training?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

So you must think the players that are not going on international break do nothing and Tuchel doesn’t utilize any training?

No but there's a big difference between training (even under a manager like Tuchel) and match rythm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No but there's a big difference between training (even under a manager like Tuchel) and match rythm. 

It is U-21 man, it is nothing compare to PL intensity. 
 

we have seen Alonso take advantage of these trainings while Chilwill was unavailable, same for Chilly while Alonso went on international break. It presents an opportunity, like with Werner and Lukaku likely fit for the game after international break. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Clockwork said:

So you must think the players that are not going on international break do nothing and Tuchel doesn’t utilize any training?

lol No. As Tomo mentioned, there's a difference between training and actually playing matches, U21 or not. 

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

It is U-21 man, it is nothing compare to PL intensity.

Games are still games and they can be used to maintain the momentum and heck, given who we have played recently, they might as well be U21 matches of sorts.

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

we have seen Alonso take advantage of these trainings while Chilwill was unavailable, same for Chilly while Alonso went on international break. It presents an opportunity, like with Werner and Lukaku likely fit for the game after international break. 

Don't think the comparison is quite on the mark. The Alonso-Chilwell was in pre-season, where the former returned early, trained and able to play matches as well to get going while the latter returned later due to the Euros and was supposedly not in the best frame of mind because of what happened at the tournament. It wasn't all just training. 

Both Alonso and Chilwell didn't get called up for the September international break but Alonso continued playing because he was still in decent form then. But that went out of the window after the Juventus game and Chilwell came back straight in. He got into form, then played matches (he even scored) with England in October - Alonso also played matches with Spain - and was able to continue his momentum with us after returning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think him refusing to go to the u21s significantly weakens his position with the NT first team if he wants to be in the next few squads, even more so when he plays in a position or positions where their are already lots and lots of players available/selected/not selected ie. Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Saka, Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Lingard, even Smith-Rowe. 

Obviously good for us he doesn’t risk an injury in a game but still, he also loses some match momentum and for him as an individual if he harbours playing for England at the WC in 2022 for instance this could be a mark against him if Gareth Southgate is weighing it up, although I still don’t think he will get there anyway due to players who play in his position already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think him refusing to go to the u21s significantly weakens his position with the NT first team if he wants to be in the next few squads, even more so when he plays in a position or positions where their are already lots and lots of players available/selected/not selected ie. Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Saka, Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Lingard, even Smith-Rowe. 

Obviously good for us he doesn’t risk an injury in a game but still, he also loses some match momentum and for him as an individual if he harbours playing for England at the WC in 2022 for instance this could be a mark against him if Gareth Southgate is weighing it up, although I still don’t think he will get there anyway due to players who play in his position already.

I think there's a high chance he'll switch to the Ghanaian NT. England managers tend to play this game of playing with players and expecting them to be "grateful" for even being considered.

More should follow Zaha's route.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2021 at 22:11, LAM09 said:

I think there's a high chance he'll switch to the Ghanaian NT. England managers tend to play this game of playing with players and expecting them to be "grateful" for even being considered.

More should follow Zaha's route.

Depends on how much he values money. Massive difference in playing for England vs Ghana. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Depends on how much he values money. Massive difference in playing for England vs Ghana. 

Money should have no bearing. It should come down to representing the country he feels most connected to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2021 at 17:00, LAM09 said:

Money should have no bearing. It should come down to representing the country he feels most connected to.

You say this, but playing for the English national side brings in a lot of money that is consideration for a lot of people. Grealish and Rice for instance played for Ireland then jumped across as soon as they knew they'll get selected. Additionally, someone like Zaha held out for a good while before committing to IC. 

Obviously, there are some players like Broja who just goes straight out amd play for Albania but I wouldn't say it is a simple case of players just picking the country they feel most connected too in a lot if cases.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King Kante said:

You say this, but playing for the English national side brings in a lot of money that is consideration for a lot of people. Grealish and Rice for instance played for Ireland then jumped across as soon as they knew they'll get selected. Additionally, someone like Zaha held out for a good while before committing to IC. 

Obviously, there are some players like Broja who just goes straight out amd play for Albania but I wouldn't say it is a simple case of players just picking the country they feel most connected too in a lot if cases.  

I guess it ultimately comes down to each players' mindset.

I won't even get started where England - Ireland, NI, Scotland & Wales are concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...