Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Hudson Odoi 18/19 5 goals in 24 games (can't remember assists but I think it's 5/6)

Sancho at the same age 1 goal in 12 games.

they are pretty close to the same age (Sancho is 7 and a half months older) but Sancho is a superior player at this point, with much more experience

CHO has 9 goals (1 league) and 12 assists (5 league) in 2526 topflight minutes

Sancho has 31 goals (27 league) and 42 assists (37 league) in 6443 topflight minutes

it's easy to extrapolate out CHO to Sancho topflight minute wise

just multiple CHO totals by 2.55

yields 23 goals (3 league), 31 assists (13 league)

so over a 4000 minute season

Sancho is at 20 goals (17 league), 26 assists (23 league) (all at 19 years and younger)

CHO for 4000 minutes is 14 goals (2 league), 19 assists (8 league) (all at 19 years and younger)

CHO's big weakness is league goals and to a point, league assists, 2 league goals, 8 league assists over a 4000 (all comps) minute season is poor

playing every minute of 38 league games yields 3.420 league minutes

CHO has played 1188 EPL minutes, scoring 1 goal, with 5 assists, so even if he played every minute of every EPL game, it still only works out to 3 goals and 14 assists, which, goal wise is NOT acceptable (and no winger in the EPL plays 3420 league minutes)

80% of total EPL minutes is realistic, so for CHO, that yields 2 goals, and 11 assists for a full EPL season

finally, just taking this season only and extrapolating his league minutes out to 80% of a full 3420 (multiply by 3.6)

it still only yields 3 to 4 goals (albeit 14 assists which is a really decent return)

he simply must ramp up his league production, especially league goals

Jadon Sancho

Date of birth/Age: Mar 25, 2000 

6c90c6c39f73a4db33772779f2eba77a.pnga132039ab2b9bc8afd91ccc40c2076cb.png4614256074e40ee03c4880702dce5543.pngb55ab4ab9a3a5ec7850453453f32789d.pngd9bef809a4156049c9ef383908002a2e.png

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Date of birth/Age: Nov 7, 2000 (19)

2e79b9785fe810c52942ff6c0a569cad.pngf42534bbad5315fff2215224c03c5acf.png643024d176391396f572885da4cc7d53.png64f7819ff141bfa61ca2b650dc93b818.png

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

they are pretty close to the same age (Sancho is 7 and a half months older) but Sancho is a superior player at this point, with much more experience

CHO has 9 goals (1 league) and 12 assists (5 league) in 2526 topflight minutes

Sancho has 31 goals (27 league) and 42 assists (37 league) in 6443 topflight minutes

it's easy to extrapolate out CHO to Sancho topflight minute wise

just multiple CHO totals by 2.55

yields 23 goals (3 league), 31 assists (13 league)

so over a 4000 minute season

Sancho is at 20 goals (17 league), 26 assists (23 league) (all at 19 years and younger)

CHO for 4000 minutes is 14 goals (2 league), 19 assists (8 league) (all at 19 years and younger)

CHO's big weakness is league goals and to a point, league assists, 2 league goals, 8 league assists over a 4000 (all comps) minute season is poor

playing every minute of 38 league games yields 3.420 league minutes

CHO has played 1188 EPL minutes, scoring 1 goal, with 5 assists, so even if he played every minute of every EPL game, it still only works out to 3 goals and 14 assists, which, goal wise is NOT acceptable (and no winger in the EPL plays 3420 league minutes)

80% of total EPL minutes is realistic, so for CHO, that yields 2 goals, and 11 assists for a full EPL season

finally, just taking this season only and extrapolating his league minutes out to 80% of a full 3420 (multiply by 3.6)

it still only yields 3 to 4 goals (albeit 14 assists which is a really decent return)

he simply must ramp up his league production, especially league goals

Jadon Sancho

Date of birth/Age: Mar 25, 2000 

6c90c6c39f73a4db33772779f2eba77a.pnga132039ab2b9bc8afd91ccc40c2076cb.png4614256074e40ee03c4880702dce5543.pngb55ab4ab9a3a5ec7850453453f32789d.pngd9bef809a4156049c9ef383908002a2e.png

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Date of birth/Age: Nov 7, 2000 (19)

2e79b9785fe810c52942ff6c0a569cad.pngf42534bbad5315fff2215224c03c5acf.png643024d176391396f572885da4cc7d53.png64f7819ff141bfa61ca2b650dc93b818.png

They're pretty close in terms of DOB but Sancho left school and became full time pro a year before CHO did which triggered my comparison between Callum's season under Sarri and Jadon's very first at Dortmund, as it was their respective 17 turn 18 season's. I don't disagree that CHO needs to step it up a bit more consistently now (especially in the league as you say) but i do believe he well and truly has the capability to be showing a level similar to what Sancho is.

Hopefully he kicks on from what was a very strong January before he was injured again.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hudson Odoi 18/19 5 goals in 24 games (can't remember assists but I think it's 5/6)

Sancho at the same age 1 goal in 12 games.

Isn't that a bit selective? They may be born a few months apart but they were born in the same year. Sancho may have left for Dortmund in 2017/18 but it wasn't exactly a breakthrough season in the first team - he had injuries and was playing in some youth level games, which is similar to how CHO was still playing youth level games that season and getting selected for the odd games in the first team. If you're gonna compare them, 2018/19 season for both would be fairer and...there really isn't any comparison there for obvious reasons.

And for argument's sake, you said Sancho had 1 goal in 12 games (he also had 4 assist by the way) but at least it's all in the Bundesliga - one of the major leagues in Europe. CHO's best work (if we want to call it that) in 2018/19 mainly came in the Europa League, which if we're being honest, all but 2 of the teams we faced were likely worse than 3/4 of the Bundesliga teams. CHO had 10 Premier League appearances and made only 1 assist, that was it. If CHO was really on the same trajectory as Sancho as you were talking about, Sarri wouldn't be so reserved about him last season. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isn't that a bit selective? They may be born a few months apart but they were born in the same year. Sancho may have left for Dortmund in 2017/18 but it wasn't exactly a breakthrough season in the first team - he had injuries and was playing in some youth level games, which is similar to how CHO was still playing youth level games that season and getting selected for the odd games in the first team. If you're gonna compare them, 2018/19 season for both would be fairer and...there really isn't any comparison there for obvious reasons.

And for argument's sake, you said Sancho had 1 goal in 12 games (he also had 4 assist by the way) but at least it's all in the Bundesliga - one of the major leagues in Europe. CHO's best work (if we want to call it that) in 2018/19 mainly came in the Europa League, which if we're being honest, all but 2 of the teams we faced were likely worse than 3/4 of the Bundesliga teams. CHO had 10 Premier League appearances and made only 1 assist, that was it. If CHO was really on the same trajectory as Sancho as you were talking about, Sarri wouldn't be so reserved about him last season. 

Doesn't matter if Jadon was born on August 31st and Callum September 1st, the former was still a year ahead in leaving school, becoming scholar/full time, playing in youth/reserve league's etc. If you were a college lecturer would you hold it against a second year student for not being as advanced as the third year kid?

Regarding Sarri i was and still am in the minority that thought he managed Callum quite well, he should have played more the League Cup and Europa group stage but his overall appearances exceeded my expectations at the start..

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Doesn't matter if Jadon was born on August 31st and Callum September 1st, the former was still a year ahead in leaving school, becoming scholar/full time, playing in youth/reserve league's etc. If you were a college lecturer would you hold it against a second year student for not being as advanced as the third year kid?

As I said, Sancho may have left for Dortmund in 2017/18 but he was still playing youth level games then. How is that any different to CHO, who was still doing that in that season? There needs to be context in such scenario. 

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding Sarri i was and still am in the minority that thought he managed Callum quite well, he should have played more the League Cup and Europa group stage but his overall appearances exceeded my expectations at the start..

How was he on a similar trajectory to Sancho then? Are goals and even assists the barometer to compare trajectories of players now? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Selective? I listed EVERY topflight goal and assist ever by both of them, plus ALL their other goals and assists and did a lot of calculations on my own.

Also March and November births in the same year can be in the same class. I was years younger than all the other girls in my six forms so age to class levels can often be deceptive.

Just now, Vesper said:

Selective? I listed EVERY topflight goal and assist ever by both of them, plus ALL their other goals and assists and did a lot of calculations on my own.

Also March and November births in the same year can be in the same class. I was years younger than all the other girls in my six forms so age to class levels can often be deceptive.

Err, I was replying to Tomo... 

Just now, Jason said:

For NOT drinking last night?

xk.gif

I am stressed from all the shit

it is maddening to try and remote control my department from our home

drinking helps me to sleep better, I am working on like basically 2 hours sleep max

fucking pissed off as a friend of hours refused to stop working at her gallery and now she is VID positive (from a contractor she thinks) and quite sick

she is the 4th person we know now who is positive here in Sweden, and 10th overall :(

I am stressed from all the shit
it is maddening to try and remote control my department from our home
drinking helps me to sleep better, I am working on like basically 2 hours sleep max
fucking pissed off as a friend of hours refused to stop working at her gallery and now she is VID positive (from a contractor she thinks) and quite sick
she is the 4th person we know now who is positive here in Sweden, and 10th overall [emoji20]

Try getting more sleep. Sleep is probably the most important thing in order to have a good functioning immune system anyways. With that amount of sleep, it is only a matter of time til you get some stress related diseases. Hard times I know but it will get better.

I just hope that people realise that we should not eat meat. So many diseases from animals get into our System just because some people can't stop eating them. This Corona shit could have easily been prevented. Maybe this Covid 19 is the natures way of saying FU to human kind.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Try getting more sleep. Sleep is probably the most important thing in order to have a good functioning immune system anyways. With that amount of sleep, it is only a matter of time til you get some stress related diseases. Hard times I know but it will get better.

I just hope that people realise that we should not eat meat. So many diseases from animals get into our System just because some people can't stop eating them. This Corona shit could have easily been prevented. Maybe this Covid 19 is the natures way of saying FU to human kind.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Yes, get plenty of rest, @Vesper. And play some games, like Animal Crossing. :P