Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I'm being harsh but in CHO's case, he needs to pick up his form. Pulisic can't be doing everything on the LW this season. May need to rotate with Willian as well. We're gonna need CHO to contribute.

For Loftus-Cheek, I agree and luckily, we've enough cover in midfield. 

I think he needs time out to be honest. Signing a new winger in January and have him see the season out as 4th choice may not be the worst idea in the world. Slowly build up his confidence back up.

Just now, Tomo said:

I think he needs time out to be honest. Signing a new winger in January and have him see the season out as 4th choice may not be the worst idea in the world. Slowly build up his confidence back up.

Zaha signing incoming! Gonna be interesting to see his reaction if that turns out to be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I'm being harsh but in CHO's case, he needs to pick up his form. Pulisic can't be doing everything on the LW this season. May need to rotate with Willian as well. We're gonna need CHO to contribute.

For Loftus-Cheek, I agree and luckily, we've enough cover in midfield. 

The least CHO could do is show his a competent player. Right now we are better off with Mount playing as a winger when Puli needs rest. The scary thing though is we never really saw CHO's full potential, was he ever really good? Is he like one of those Barca kids who play well for a season ie Isaac Cuenca, Christian Tello, Munir Haddadi but dont kick on? Will be interesting to see his progression in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Thats why I thought a loan could actually do him a world of good. Out of the spotlight but getting game time. He has the talent for sure but right now its just not showing. 

5 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thats why I thought a loan could actually do him a world of good. Out of the spotlight but getting game time. He has the talent for sure but right now its just not showing. 

Sure we loan him to small clubs he won't improve, he will be good but won't improve.(in a big way)

We loan him to Barcelona/Bayern, RM he may not get as much game time as we think (given they have to satisfy the ego of the star players who are making record salaries)

The best place is we develop him, with our ban it was perfect opportunity for our young players and to a good extent it is showing that we have good set of young talent. We need to be patient and let the players and manager develop!

Klopp need few seasons, Pep needed  few seasons and I feel we need few seasons too. Given the youngsters enough exposure and develop them. Get one or 2 players (preferably young) to complement and improve our game.

CHO needs time to recover and improve through practice.Loaning him out IMO is a bad option.

This is the right time for the squad rebuild with the young talents from our academy. I just hope we don't do panic purchases and become short sighted.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:00 PM, DDA said:

He looked a special talent before his injury. Now he looks way of the pace. His confidence and acceleration are non existent. I hope this is only temporary. I really thought he was going to set the PL on fire.

I got some serious flames, but yes, he looks a shell, I still 100% stand by my statement that he has positively lost his explosive burst

some is mental for sure, but we have to face facts that an Achilles blowout is dicey at best, and even though football is not basketball, in hoops an Achilles rupture is a career-buster 90% plus of the time

it may take CHO close to 2 years to fully recover (if he does)

look at how long it took Zouma and Emerson to come back full speed, and that was (granted a different thing) knees, not Achilles

I am also extremely worried about RLC, as his rupture was even worse than CHO's :(

MOTHERFUCK THAT DODGY in-season yank trip to play on that SHIT yank football pitch!!!!!

what the fuck was Roman thinking!???!!

one of the biggest mistakes he has ever done, potentially

I hate the club being used as a personal playtoy :rant:, ownership be damned

I think a League Cup game was perfect for him right about now. Or maybe the FA Cup 3rd round next month. I think he will improve and return to the swagger with which he started the season. Haven't seen him in a long enough stretch to write him off yet. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree with everyone. He doesn't look good at the moment. What is he doing? I expected from him to reach highest standards. What's funny, he was very good in first 4,5 games after coming back from injury. 

I don't mean to be harsh and apologies if I am but at what point do we stop using his injury as an excuse (pardon the harsh word) for his poor form? Obviously, I don't expect him to be in peak form at this point but he's barely making any impact right now and as you pointed out, he was actually good when he first came back but he's suddenly just gone off the boil badly. Think what he can or perhaps should do is try to simplify his game to get back into rhythm or regain the confidence, instead of doing the things that he normally does. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't mean to be harsh and apologies if I am but at what point do we stop using his injury as an excuse (pardon the harsh word) for his poor form? Obviously, I don't expect him to be in peak form at this point but he's barely making any impact right now and as you pointed out, he was actually good when he first came back but he's suddenly just gone off the boil badly. Think what he can or perhaps should do is try to simplify his game to get back into rhythm or regain the confidence, instead of doing the things that he normally does. 

I have to be honest, even the first couple games back, whilst he was playing 'better' when he is now, I saw no explosive burst, no raw, searing separation speed he had pre-injury (not that I expected to see it so soon after a rupture) and I continue to not see it at all. Is it mental? Does he not trust his Achilles yet to go full blown missile? I cannot answer that. It likely may be a combination of factors, but he certainly is not the physical manifestation atm of the player he was becoming pre-injury. Pre-injury, he was starting to get on the path to a near (or at least fairly close) Adama Traoré level burst, albeit not for the overall length of burst that Traoré (who is staggeringly fast, just not super skilled) exhibits on a regular basis.

I have to be honest, even the first couple games back, whilst he was playing 'better' when he is now, I saw no explosive burst, no raw, searing separation speed he had pre-injury (not that I expected to see it so soon after a rupture) and I continue to not see it at all. Is it mental? Does he not trust his Achilles yet to go full blown missile? I cannot answer that. It likely may be a combination of factors, but he certainly is not the physical manifestation atm of the player he was becoming pre-injury. Pre-injury, he was starting to get on the path to a near (or at least fairly close) Adama Traoré level burst, albeit not for the overall length of burst that Traoré (who is staggeringly fast, just not super skilled) exhibits on a regular basis.
I showed you a Video where Willian and CHO had a sprint battle and CHO was was faster than him. So he is still very fast.
He just dribbles and passes slower and became rusty. He also never had Willian pace with the ball. It is one thing being fast without the ball and the other thing being fast with the ball. There is clear evidence that he has the pace. Just his dribbling and other Things are slow and that is to be expected when he rarely plays and came back from injury.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I showed you a Video where Willian and CHO had a sprint battle and CHO was was faster than him. So he is still very fast.
He just dribbles and passes slower and became rusty. He also never had Willian pace with the ball. It is one thing being fast without the ball and the other thing being fast with the ball. There is clear evidence that he has the pace. Just his dribbling and other Things are slow and that is to be expected when he rarely plays and came back from injury.

I am not talking about all-out top-end pace per se. Burst-acceleration is different. And CHO himself (and other players too) have all said the fastest player on the team (top end overall speed) is Tomori.

I am not talking about all-out top-end pace per se. Burst-acceleration is different. And CHO himself (and other players too) have all said the fastest player on the team (top end overall speed) is Tomori.
What does burst Acceleration mean? I can't find a good German translation.

I Never said CHO is the fastest.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Some players can be very fast for a very short time, also refered to as a quick first step. Enough to blow past another player. It would of course put a lot of strain on the achilles tendon, so I would not expect a player to have it immediately after coming back. This was not to long ago a career ending injury. Some never get that burst or first step quickness back.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

explosive speed/acceleration from a dead stop or a walk or a jog

think the 0 to 100 km/h time in a car

versus the top end speed on the car

say CHO is on the wing, standing or moving slightly and gets a pass from Kovacic

his 'burst' would be the move that blows by the right back or whoever is guarding him

or we are on the counter

he is running at a trot on the left

Emerson plays a slant pass towards the box

CHO would low past his defender to get the past and complete the run (ending in a shot, or a short pass to Tammy, Willian, etc)

or he dribbles into the middle, 5 years out of the box and parallel

his 'burst' would take him clear for a shot (Mount and Pulisic do it, Pedro used to be amazing at that, but he too has lost his 'burst' so cannot get clear of the last man or two to get a clear shot)