Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think he probably is. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes down the route Sancho has gone. There is no reasonable explanation I will take from anyone about why he is  not in the team tonight. This would be a perfect game for him to showcase his talents again. And we are not helping our main first team by this. This will cost us in the league.

We need to stop fooling ourselves. He's not a manager who likes to promote youth, same thing happened at Napoli.

The worst thing about the situation is that our current set of wingers is an issue. Willian and Pedro are old, Eden's contract is almost at an end and Moses clearly has no future at the club. We're lucky enough to have have produced a talent like him at the best time possible, but will somehow mess this up.

5 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

We need to stop fooling ourselves. He's not a manager who likes to promote youth, same thing happened at Napoli.

The worst thing about the situation is that our current set of wingers is an issue. Willian and Pedro are old, Eden's contract is almost at an end and Moses clearly has no future at the club. We're lucky enough to have have produced a talent like him at the best time possible, but will somehow mess this up.

TBH, with Napoli they did not have much talented youth. Their record in the Uefa Youth League and their domestic was shocking. The U19 I am referring too. We have amongst the best youth academy in Europe every season so Sarri should recognize that and play them. Such a pity. The amount of top talent we produce but don't play. Tonight is inexcusable. 

• 3 weeks later...

BORUSSIA DORTMUND JOIN RACE TO SIGN HUDSON-ODOI

https://readchelsea.com/2018/10/21/borussia-dortmund-join-race-to-sign-hudson-odoi/

Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi is believed to have emerged as a surprise target for Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund, according to the Mirror.

The promising winger was linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge earlier in the month, with AS Monaco and RB Leipzig reported to be keen, and now Dortmund are the latest side to be touted as a potential destination.

Hudson-Odoi has made only one competitive appearance under Maurizio Sarri this term, with this start coming in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City in August.

snip

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

BORUSSIA DORTMUND JOIN RACE TO SIGN HUDSON-ODOI

https://readchelsea.com/2018/10/21/borussia-dortmund-join-race-to-sign-hudson-odoi/

Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi is believed to have emerged as a surprise target for Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund, according to the Mirror.

The promising winger was linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge earlier in the month, with AS Monaco and RB Leipzig reported to be keen, and now Dortmund are the latest side to be touted as a potential destination.

Hudson-Odoi has made only one competitive appearance under Maurizio Sarri this term, with this start coming in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City in August.

snip

We are in real danger of losing him imo. Look at likes of Sancho who is playing for Dortmund. He is no better than CHO and they are both very talented. CHO would be playing if he goes abroad. He has not made an appearance this season bar that Community Shield game and with some of the games we have had, it is bizarre that we have not played him and we have really shot ourselves in the foot, especially knowing his contract runs out soon. Don't know what Sarri is playing at but CHO needs to get games and he deserves it too. It is almost as if we are giving him all the signals to leave.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

We are in real danger of losing him imo. Look at likes of Sancho who is playing for Dortmund. He is no better than CHO and they are both very talented. CHO would be playing if he goes abroad. He has not made an appearance this season bar that Community Shield game and with some of the games we have had, it is bizarre that we have not played him and we have really shot ourselves in the foot, especially knowing his contract runs out soon. Don't know what Sarri is playing at but CHO needs to get games and he deserves it too. It is almost as if we are giving him all the signals to leave.

1000000000000% agree. I just wrote on this in my BATE lineup post

I will start to turn on Sarri if he doesn't start to play CHO

dead serious

OUTRAGEOUS if Sarri runs him out the door

we already are so fucked at multiple positions, plus the Hazard non renewal nightmare, so potentially losing the only true other LW (and a super young, super talented HOMEGROWN academy player at that!) is fucking beyond the fucking pale.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

1000000000000% agree. I just wrote on this in my BATE lineup post

I will start to turn on Sarri if he doesn't start to play CHO

dead serious

OUTRAGEOUS if Sarri runs him out the door

we already are so fucked at multiple positions, plus the Hazard non renewal nightmare, so potentially losing the only true other LW (and a super young, super talented HOMEGROWN academy player at that!) is fucking beyond the fucking pale.

I think Callum Hudson-Odoi injured 

Dortmund's interest in Hudson-Odoi opens door to Christian Pulisic deal

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/columnist/dortmunds-interest-in-hudson-odoi-opens-door-to-christian-pulisic-deal/

Reports are emerging claiming that Borussia Dortmund are interested in signing Callum Hudson-Odoi. The success of fellow English youngster Jadon Sancho at Dortmund has convinced the German giants to invest in Hudson-Odoi.

Their interest in the 17-year-old could open up a deal from which all parties could gain. It is in Hudson-Odoi’s interests to play regularly and at a high level. Sancho has received ample playing time. Hudson-Odoi would also play a lot of games, most importantly, in the Champions League.

Chelsea could send him to Germany on a two year loan or even on a permanent transfer. After Hudson-Odio has developed and Eden Hazard has started to slow down or even leave, the Englishman could return to Chelsea at a reduced price.

Of immediate benefit, Chelsea could use Dortmund’s interest in Hudson-Odoi to leverage the Germans into selling right winger Christian Pulisic.

Chelsea are interested in signing Pulisic, although a massive price tag is a big stumbling block. A player of the American’s quality would be a great asset for Chelsea. They are in need of an attacking threat from the right who can take the load off Eden Hazard.

snip

only if he renews

OR

a buyback clause inserted

plus

I am not 100% sold on Pulisic yet

Since he is not getting game time here, I would be intrigued to see him play regularly in a top league. Would prefer an EPL or Bundesliga loan move. If we could get Pulisic out of this CHO deal and ship out Willian, I'd be over the moon.

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

Since he is not getting game time here, I would be intrigued to see him play regularly in a top league. Would prefer an EPL or Bundesliga loan move. If we could get Pulisic out of this CHO deal and ship out Willian, I'd be over the moon.

Problem with Dortmund is that they have ome of the hottest players on the planet at LW already in Jadon Sancho and another great young LW in Jacob Bruun Larsen. They also use their LB Raphaël Guerreiro there at LW. CHO would be buried.

Look at Willian. He is right footed and is far better at LW than RW. And Eden will obviously be our starting LW whenever he is healthy.

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

If the worst happened and we lost CHO i would rather drop a big sum on Sancho himself, it would be our karma with City after the KDB situation plus i don't rate Pulisic.

39 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If the worst happened and we lost CHO i would rather drop a big sum on Sancho himself, it would be our karma with City after the KDB situation plus i don't rate Pulisic.

Yeah, I have been thinking about Sancho alot too. Quality talent and has that end product like Mbappe had.

Bvb is reportedly interested in Clarke-Salter and we could do some sort of deal for Sancho (and also give them CHO with buy back clause if he doesnt get playtime here)

I would prefer Cho to develop here, but if he doesnt get the chances, its pointless to keep him here. After all, he is only our biggest talent in long time, what is there to lose.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah, I have been thinking about Sancho alot too. Quality talent and has that end product like Mbappe had.

Bvb is reportedly interested in Clarke-Salter and we could do some sort of deal for Sancho (and also give them CHO with buy back clause if he doesnt get playtime here)

I would prefer Cho to develop here, but if he doesnt get the chances, its pointless to keep him here. After all, he is only our biggest talent in long time, what is there to lose.

If Sancho tracks out the whole year as he has started, he will have 20 goals and 32 assists.

Those are better numbers than Ousmane Dembele had by far, and Barca dropped a potential 145m euros (£130m or so) on Dembele.

Zero chance (if he comes close to those numbers) Dortmund would sell him for less than £110 to £125m including add-ons.

His contract has NO release clause BTW, as those are illegal in Germany.

Shitty so so so fucked up :D, especially as they are not exactly happy with Sane atm, and also want to shop Sterling. Like I always say, I think they make a move for Mbappe eventually.

If they do make a move for Mbappe, I would be more than happy to take Bernardo Silva:wub: off their hands (bye bye RW issues, woot woot, he would be a fucking MONSTER in Sarriball), and (if Eden leaves) Sane as well, lololol

Chelsea must handle their CHO-sen one with care

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/chelsea-must-handle-their-cho-sen-one-with-care

So let’s get the staple sentences that are in almost every article about a Chelsea youth player out the way.

No, the Blues haven’t had an English player come through their Academy and break into the first-team since John Terry. Yes, there have been a number of false dawns; Josh McEachran, Nathaniel Chalobah and probably Ruben Loftus-Cheek. And yes, the club do have a surprisingly large number of players out on loan.

Right. That’s done. Nice to have ticked them off early, right?

What is clear from the above is that it can be very easy to bash Chelsea for how they handle young players. The Blues haven’t had – and still don’t – clear pathways in place to the first-team. Of that there can be no debate.

But the club deserve to be lauded for the quality footballers they are producing on a yearly basis. Chelsea haven’t won the past five FA Youth Cups, the last of which was by a 7-1 aggregate score against Arsenal, by accident. They’ve done so because of excellent coaching at various youth levels.

The CHO-sen one

The best example of this is Callum Hudson-Odoi, the talented winger who has been with the Blues since he was just seven years old. Clearly he had potential as a young boy yet it needed developing. And that is what Chelsea have done over the last decade.

Snip

Ridiculous CHO has 1 game, 30 minutes ALL YEAR so far!

Teenagers starting or getting significant minutes at big or pretty big clubs (some are simply so good now that I list them even though not at a huge club, as they would still be getting big minutes at a bigger club)

GK Gianluigi Donnarumma   AC Milan  (for years now)  
GK Alban Lafont    Fiorentina (for 4 years now)

CB Boubacar Kamara  at Marseilles

CB Matthijs de Ligt  at Ajax multi year starter as a teen, WC, top 10 CB already

CB/DMF Declan Rice at West Ham

CB Malang Sarr Nice (for years now)

CB Ibrahima Konaté  RB Leipzig

CB Dan-Axel Zagadou at Dortmund

RB Trent Alexander-Arnold  Victimpool (just turned 20, but started as teenager)

RB Achraf Hakimi at Dortmund (best under 20yo RB in world, has exploded this year)

RB Diogo Dalot at Manure (started 2 of his 5 games as well, and would have more, but he was injured for first 2 months)

DMF Arne Maier Hertha Berlin (tonnes of starts)

DMF Dennis Geiger at Hoffenheim (31 starts, including CL)

CMF Houssem Aouar at Lyon (close to WC already)

CMF Amadou Haidara  at RB Salzburg (deep run in EL as a teen)

CMF Christopher Nkunku  at PSG  over 60 games as a teen, over 20 as a starter AT PSG

CMF Phil Foden   at Shitty

CMF Mattéo Guendouzi   at Arse

CMF Tom Davies at Everton

CMF Weston McKennie at Schalke, started on a team that captured a CL place

CMF Fran Beltrán  at Celta Vigo

RMF Abdülkadir Ömür at our new sister club Trabzonspor (he was a starter at 17)

LMF/LW/LB  Ryan Sessegnon  at Fullham

AMF Nicolò Zaniolo  at Roma

AMF/SS  João Félix at Benfica

LW Jadon Sancho at Borrusia Dortmund        turned 18 a few months back, already starting and one of hottest players in world football

LW Rodrygo at Real Madrid (in January) £41m for a 17yo

LW Vinícius Júnior at Real Madrid      £42m for a 18yo 7 games, 2 starts 4 goals, 2 assists

LW Paulinho  at Bayer Leverkusen  £23m for a 17yo 7 games 3 starts

LW Justin Kluivert  at Roma multiple starts as 19yo

LW Willem Geubbels at Monaco (started a game as a 17yo, injured now, back soon)

LW Alphonso Davies at Vancouver (full time starter at 17)

LW Jacob Bruun Larsen   at Borrussia Dortmund   20 games, 10 goals 6 assists as a teen part-time starter

LW Ismaïla Sarr   at Stade Rennais in Ligue 1  27 games, 5 goals, 9 assists as part time teen starter

RW Kylian Mbappé PSG

RW Moussa Diaby PSG    BEHIND MBAPPE but STILL 8 games , including 2 starts 2 goals 3 assists as a teen

RW Christian Pulisic  at Borrussia Dortmund  full-time starter as a teen for a team sitting on top in the Bundesliga

RW Reiss Nelson at Hoffenheim   part-time starts as a teen for a CL club

RW Ferrán Torres  at Valencia 18yo 6 games already including 2 starts, one of them La Liga

RW Yann Karamoh  at Inter had 18 games including multiple starts as a teen, played 35 games the year before as a part-time starter (in Ligue 1) at 17 and 18yo

CF Luka Jovic at Eintracht Frankfurt  part-time starter as a teen

CF Patrick Cutrone at AC Milan  part-time starter as a teen

CF Myziane Maolida  at Nice, teenage starter 

CF Matheus Cunha     at RB Leipzig, teenage starter 

CF Timothy Weah   at PSG, 18yo,  3 games 1 start, 2 goals

CF Moussa Sylla  at Monaco, part time starter since 17

CF Jann-Fiete Arp   at Hamburg part-time starter since 17

CF Moise Kean  at Juventus, dozens of games as a teen there and on loan to Serie A Hellas Verona

CF Pietro Pellegri   at Monaco  part time starter at Genoa since 15, now at Monaco as a 17yo