Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Just line up like this

CHO-Tammy-Mount

RLC-Jorginho-Kante

Emerson-Tomori-Rüdiger-James

Mount has shown that he can play good on the wings and he has that special connection with Tammy. They link up very well and when James would be on the right side, Mount will move to the middle.

But can Ruben play out wide?

I've been agonising over this conundrum for ages especially when everyone is fit.

What about as a temporary center back next to Rudi, i think he has the attributes to do that job just as Fernandinho has for Shitty

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Easy. We will just play without the defense.

Not that it matters anyway, wont be much difference :D

I honestly want lamp to try to play

CHO - Tammy - puli

Mount

Ruben - kante

Just for fun. Maybe later in the year once everything settled down. 

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

But can Ruben play out wide?

I've been agonising over this conundrum for ages especially when everyone is fit.

What about as a temporary center back next to Rudi, i think he has the attributes to do that job just as Fernandinho has for Shitty

I don't knot what you mean by playing wide. In @killer1257@killer1257 tactic, ruben is playing his normal position. I am not sure mount playing on the right though 

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

I imagine Mount is on 70k ish and the others not far from that.

Not that great a difference, we're hardly talking an Alexis situation.

Again though Callum played like 20 games last season. 20-25 games doesnt warrant 120k a week realistically. Weve paid him that more for potential yes but lets be honest it is a very dangerous bar to set. Mount played what like 65 games in 2 seasons out on loan and has shown extremely good returns in goals and assists. 

For me a good example is Rashford at United, he got a new deal a while back, now he earns like 200k a week and is maybe their 3rd or 4th top earner, maybe for what he gets jn terms of goals and assists its a bit much but he has played like 180 games for United. Weve given someone whos played 20-25 games 120k a week.... maybe he had us by the balls a bit but still, I think it is a dangerous situation, not saying hes money orientated completely, its obviously footballers will try get the best for them and their families but other youngsters will be aware of if they get 20 games maybe and do well they could perhaps ask for those sort of wages.

Personally for me now, for 120k a week Callum has much more of an onus on him now to deliver, 120k a week is probably around or more than on some cases than what the likes of Willian, Alonso, Jorginho, Kovacic, Rudiger, Giroud, Pedro etc will be on that or maybe just under or in some circumstances over that. Ruben got around that wage as well I think when he renewed but hes played regularly for 2 seasons now with us and Palace. But really now yeah Callum has to come in and play well, hes had the injury, hes recovering now and is apparently close to play but when he plays he has to do what Mount or Abraham has done so far which is deliver. They and even Tomori who hasnt looked out of place at all are the benchmark right now for young guys in our squad, I think Mounts top of our stats for key passes, chances created, shots on goal  touches in opposition box etc, hes fully grasped his chance as has Tammy with his goals and Callum really has to do it again as hes been out and now with that new deal.on that wage, he has to show hes worth that.

42 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again though Callum played like 20 games last season. 20-25 games doesnt warrant 120k a week realistically. Weve paid him that more for potential yes but lets be honest it is a very dangerous bar to set. Mount played what like 65 games in 2 seasons out on loan and has shown extremely good returns in goals and assists. 

For me a good example is Rashford at United, he got a new deal a while back, now he earns like 200k a week and is maybe their 3rd or 4th top earner, maybe for what he gets jn terms of goals and assists its a bit much but he has played like 180 games for United. Weve given someone whos played 20-25 games 120k a week.... maybe he had us by the balls a bit but still, I think it is a dangerous situation, not saying hes money orientated completely, its obviously footballers will try get the best for them and their families but other youngsters will be aware of if they get 20 games maybe and do well they could perhaps ask for those sort of wages.

Personally for me now, for 120k a week Callum has much more of an onus on him now to deliver, 120k a week is probably around or more than on some cases than what the likes of Willian, Alonso, Jorginho, Kovacic, Rudiger, Giroud, Pedro etc will be on that or maybe just under or in some circumstances over that. Ruben got around that wage as well I think when he renewed but hes played regularly for 2 seasons now with us and Palace. But really now yeah Callum has to come in and play well, hes had the injury, hes recovering now and is apparently close to play but when he plays he has to do what Mount or Abraham has done so far which is deliver. They and even Tomori who hasnt looked out of place at all are the benchmark right now for young guys in our squad, I think Mounts top of our stats for key passes, chances created, shots on goal  touches in opposition box etc, hes fully grasped his chance as has Tammy with his goals and Callum really has to do it again as hes been out and now with that new deal.on that wage, he has to show hes worth that.

If the Drinkwater fiasco deal didnt ruin this club, then Odoi deal wont either. 

Thing with Odoi is we are not paying him because he proved his worth but because potential.

Mount, Tomori, Tammy,...they can request fees like that but they dont have such high ceiling and the club wont accept it. However if they all perform very well, then no trouble paying them those fees because they deserve it.

If you are worried we will only be able to keep top talent only if we pay them from now on...well as of last spring, we didnt have "Odoi fee" situation yet and he still was flirting with Bayern; if we didnt pay him he would leave. So either way if we pay Odoi 150k per week or no, talents like him wont stay here unless they get paid because if not us, then someone else will pay them (like bayern). Weirdly worded this, but hopefuly you get what I tried to say.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If the Drinkwater fiasco deal didnt ruin this club, then Odoi deal wont either. 

Thing with Odoi is we are not paying him because he proved his worth but because potential.

Mount, Tomori, Tammy,...they can request fees like that but they dont have such high ceiling and the club wont accept it. However if they all perform very well, then no trouble paying them those fees because they deserve it.

If you are worried we will only be able to keep top talent only if we pay them from now on...well as of last spring, we didnt have "Odoi fee" situation yet and he still was flirting with Bayern; if we didnt pay him he would leave. So either way if we pay Odoi 150k per week or no, talents like him wont stay here unless they get paid because if not us, then someone else will pay them (like bayern). Weirdly worded this, but hopefuly you get what I tried to say.

I got what you meant and I do agree but it is a dangerous way to go too. We need to be careful with future youths in similar situations in the future.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I agree but we have to consider 

Bayern Munich interest in him raising his wages 

Hazard leaving and the transfer ban strengthened Hudson-Odoi agent negotiating position 

his contact situation strengthen Hudson-Odoi agent negotiating position

realistically 80-85k was about right but with the other factors he managed to get a 50% increase. 

Think odoi being only 18 actually helps here, because he will be around 23-24 when the deal ends, at which time he either has fulfilled his potential or not.

I just can’t believe some folks still think this has anything to do sarri. :) All we know about contracts, or any negotiations, is that leverage is everything and we had none.

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

Think odoi being only 18 actually helps here, because he will be around 23-24 when the deal ends, at which time he either has fulfilled his potential or not.

I just can’t believe some folks still think this has anything to do sarri. :) All we know about contracts, or any negotiations, is that leverage is everything and we had none.

I imagine if everything goes to plan it will be two and a half years into the deals (so midway through 21/22 if not a bit before) we will approach the academy 8 for the next spree of new deals.

I imagine if they all progress like we hope they will get rises to the 180k-250k bracket (adjusted if inflation gets even more obscene before then) which would be pretty good deals for top class local boys.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I imagine if everything goes to plan it will be two and a half years into the deals (so midway through 21/22 if not a bit before) we will approach the academy 8 for the next spree of new deals.

I imagine if they all progress like we hope they will get rises to the 180k-250k bracket (adjusted if inflation gets even more obscene before then) which would be pretty good deals top class local boys.

Right at which point, we will have more information as to which tier each one these youngsters will belong.

having mount close to odoi in terms of wages and performances isn’t bad at all! I’m not as confident about the others, regardless whether they will become good players or not.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I thought his wages were confirmed at £120K per week (£6.24m per year)

According this link 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/hudson-odoi-signs-new-five-year-180000-a-week-chelsea-deal/wmh9b2s0vjj01fol8d48beo49

The deal will initially be worth £150k but could end up totalling £180k with performance-related add-ons