Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

If he signs 5 year contract we'll be keeping him 3 years max. Selling him with 2 years left so we get good money. Is he still 18? At 21 he'd fetch a damn pretty penny. 

I'm already pissed at this guy. No love for Chelsea and no loyalty. Which is weird because of how young he is and how long he's been there. 

Change my mind!!!

45 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

If he signs 5 year contract we'll be keeping him 3 years max. Selling him with 2 years left so we get good money. Is he still 18? At 21 he'd fetch a damn pretty penny. 

I'm already pissed at this guy. No love for Chelsea and no loyalty. Which is weird because of how young he is and how long he's been there. 

Change my mind!!!

I really think his brother is making decisions instead of him which implies the no club love/loyalty recognition from fans, but deep down I think he loves Chelsea...

P. S. 
The only reason he is still my fav player on my profile is because Pulisic is not added yet :) 

6 hours ago, DDA said:

👍

I am so fucking pissed as it looks like we are going to have that donkey Drinkwater clogging up a goddamn roster spot yet again

Willian being given the No. 10 is also bollocks

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/8/3/20752472/chelsea-megastore-reveals-shirt-numbers-for-pulisic-willian-hudson-odoi-mount-christensen-others

Screen_Shot_2019_08_02_at_18.28.58.0.png

12 hours ago, Bobo said:

He is staying... 

based off what? his kit number?

I have seen zero confirmation he has signed the contract

if he refuses we need to sell him this window or we are going to take another £40m or so hit when he leaves on a free

all these myriad cock-ups (albeit balanced a wee bit by some good sales like Eden and Morata) are seriously adding up and will fuck up our bottom line and really hurt us in our future-forward spending

a probable scenario is (based off this 2018 post that shows £620m in hard offer turn downs in summer 2018 and adding in the £40m or so lost over not selling Cuntois the summer before, plus lets call it £40m lost IF CHO walks on a free)

is we will lose around £300m or so in just transfer fees when all those are sold or released at reduced prices (and that assumes Hazard qualifies for max add-ons to us)

and those numbers do not even included players like Baba and Zappacosta, etc, where we will take a bath as well

that is a shit tonne of lost revenue

and that doesn't even begin to count wasted wages for dregs like Drinkwater (over £31m alone there, as he is on a 5 year contract at £120K per week)

If Callum Hudson-Odoi will not sign, Chelsea must sell this window (from 2 days ago)

https://theprideoflondon.com/2019/08/01/callum-hudson-odoi-will-not-sign-chelsea-must-sell-window/

Callum Hudson-Odoi has had various contracts on the table for months. If he will not extend at Chelsea, he must be sold this transfer window.

Today is 1 August. The transfer window for the Premier League closes in a week. It closes on 23 August in Italy and on 2 September in every other big European League. Callum Hudson-Odoi has had a contract, in several variations if rumors are to be believed, on the table all summer. With less than a year left and the contract still unsigned, Chelsea is past the point of negotiation. If Hudson-Odoi is not willing to extend his Chelsea contract before this window shuts, he must be sold this transfer window.

No more hem hawing over wages, or a number that means nothing at the end of the day. No more waiting for promises already made to be shown even truer than they have already. It has become binary: extend or be sold while there is still a value on the contract in the market.

This is not a joyful article to write. Nothing would be better than Hudson-Odoi extending his contract before this article even goes live. But the fish hook of “any day now! It is close!” has been dangling all summer and enough is enough. For all the talent Hudson-Odoi has, Chelsea cannot afford to lose out. If Hudson-Odoi wants to be treated like a star player with massive wages, his pick of an arbitrary shirt number, and promises of playing time, then he must also be treated like a star player with a year left on his contract who is seemingly dodging an extension.

This saga started last preseason when Hudson-Odoi was by and far the best player on the field each time. But then it took him until November before Maurizio Sarri even considered using him. In January he submitted a transfer request because he saw no pathway at Chelsea. The Blues board fought that off but little changed with Hudson-Odoi’s status until the March international break. Hudson-Odoi got his first England start before his first Premier League start. Sarri quickly relented to the talent the player had, but injury quickly took away the remainder of the season.

Since then, Chelsea has hired Frank Lampard. Lampard appointed two former youth team managers, Joe Edwards and Jody Morris, to his direct staff. And with a transfer ban, youth were guaranteed minutes. Not only has Lampard shown that the promise of playing is real for the kids now, but the board has shown they trust them by offering several long term contracts.

snip

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am so fucking pissed as it looks like we are going to have that donkey Drinkwater clogging up a goddamn roster spot yet again

Willian being given the No. 10 is also bollocks

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/8/3/20752472/chelsea-megastore-reveals-shirt-numbers-for-pulisic-willian-hudson-odoi-mount-christensen-others

Screen_Shot_2019_08_02_at_18.28.58.0.png

Believe me... I feel exactly the same. Total joke Danny Drinkwater even has a number and Willian? What the fuck does the club see in this clown.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Believe me... I feel exactly the same. Total joke Danny Drinkwater even has a number and Willian? What the fuck does the club see in this clown.

we need Willian due to the bans but giving him the No. 10 is over the top IMHO

Hopefully we unload DD and TB very soon

Everton buying Gbamin (great move) takes them off the board in terms of buying Donkeybaka

Still waiting for him to sign this new deal. Hope the shirt number like previously mentioned with some of speculation around the deal isnt anything to do with it though. Still though think giving him 10 while it would of been an encouraging thing in CHOs eyes maybe, giving it to a more senior player whos done more for the club and been in the first team longer is the right move considering he also wont be here for longer than another 3 years more than likely.

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

It is okay I think.

I don't really care about shirt numbers but I don't think number 10 should be given to an 18 years old boy who played like 20 matches. Willian has played hundreds of games for the club and won many trophies, if both of them wants it there is no question who deserves it.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Panicking/Freaking Out seems to be a trend this summer...

Perhaps but theres been talk of him renewing since Lamps came in and it hasnt happened. We are about to kick off our season this upcoming weekend so if has no interest in renewing just sell him, take the cash, transfer ban or not better than losing him on a free. Your either here or your not, that has been the message Frank has been saying he wants players "who feel the club". The club has managed to get Ruben and Mason signed up as well since Frank came in as well as talk of getting Reece James and Trevor Chalobah being offered deals to renew so I would imagine an offer is on the table for Callum as well. Somethings making it complicated or it would be done by now. He knows he has the power with the club in a delicate position regarding transfers but cmon, the window shuts Thursday if he hasnt penned by then, who says he will? Hes in a strong position, contract running down, clubs after him....

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but theres been talk of him renewing since Lamps came in and it hasnt happened. We are about to kick off our season this upcoming weekend so if has no interest in renewing just sell him, take the cash, transfer ban or not better than losing him on a free. Your either here or your not, that has been the message Frank has been saying he wants players "who feel the club". The club has managed to get Ruben and Mason signed up as well since Frank came in as well as talk of getting Reece James and Trevor Chalobah being offered deals to renew so I would imagine an offer is on the table for Callum as well. Somethings making it complicated or it would be done by now. He knows he has the power with the club in a delicate position regarding transfers but cmon, the window shuts Thursday if he hasnt penned by then, who says he will? Hes in a strong position, contract running down, clubs after him....

Last we heard - which was what, last week? - is that he will sign or has agreed etc. Nothing has been reported to suggest otherwise and does it not suggest anything that the reported Bayern's interest has cooled down? All the talk has been them going after Sane recently. Looks like he will sign, just a matter of when rather than if. 

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

Last we heard - which was what, last week? - is that he will sign or has agreed etc. Nothing has been reported to suggest otherwise and does it not suggest anything that the reported Bayern's interest has cooled down? All the talk has been them going after Sane recently. Looks like he will sign, just a matter of when rather than if. 

Yes but weve been hearing for weeks ever since Frank came in the door he would resign. I dont think anybodies panciking, I think its more just annoying now. If he wants to stay (which I would imagine je would considering FLs comments and the 180k a week) surely there should be an urgency to get it done quickly? Just strikes me as odd. Particularly after FLs comments and the whole wanting players who feel the club comments.