Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well thats Frank done as much as he can. In all honesty if Callum decides not to renew then its probably due to financals or the fact he has no interest in being here now. Im hopefully he will renew as we are short on wingers if he goes but again if he doesnt want to be here whats the point? We wont fall apart without him. The academy is very good so I wouldnt be surprised if we get another young guy similarly talented popping through. I have been a huge fan of CHO since he made his debut under Conte but again, while he will be an excellent player one day there are many better youngsters out there regardless. He isnt a one in a million generation talent for me. An academy player who could be very very good yes but again, if hes not wanting to be here or is up for rotting on the bench at Bayern? Let him go for it. 

Dont think Frank and the Club can do much more as you said, but looks like its done and ready to sign. But 100K for an 18 year old, fucking hell. Big money and certain Clubs have utterly destroyed the market. He has a good potential and baring injuries I hope he does supremely well for us.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Dont think Frank and the Club can do much more as you said, but looks like its done and ready to sign. But 100K for an 18 year old, fucking hell. Big money and certain Clubs have utterly destroyed the market. He has a good potential and baring injuries I hope he does supremely well for us.

Agreed.

self-inflicted I’m afraid.

im not really certain cho will become a top player. He is likely to be very good, but his end product is still very raw with mostly crosses once getting into position. His movement, skill, and pace are reassuring tho.

he needs to add cutting inside and finishing to his repertoire. And that final step happens to be the hardest.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

PL is a lot more physical. Look at Gnabry. He did not even get into WBA team. Lookman goes to RB Leipzig and he performs. There are some good teams but the PL is a lot more tougher due to the physical nature. I don't think CHO is expecting to play every single game. He knows he will be on the bench sometimes. Bayern right now need wingers and their current ones are not world class. Gnabry, despite winning the POTY can and will be rotated if they have winger options. Coman too and he is injury prone. Muller is not and out and out winger and with more winger options, Kovac will not play him there. Davies still has developing to do. So, yeah due to transfer ban, you would think he would start more here, but either way he still will have loads of opportunities at Bayern. His ceiling his higher than all their wingers in that current team imo.

And yes because playing for Chelsea against a lot of other teams, there is not a clear disparity in terms of quality. In the Bundesliga there is. Bayern are heads and shoulders above almost every team in that league, so he would look better. He won't have much defensive work to do because Bayern will dominate majority of their games and he will be receiving the ball a lot more. 

Regarding the financial aspect, we could have offered him £150,000 last season and he still would have rejected it. He defo is not making his decision based on financial. It is because this will be the next big step of his career. This is where his future will lie, so he weighing everything up. This has not been reported much, but right from the beginning of last season, before Bayern registered any interest, we wanted him to sign a contract, worth then around £50k p/w IIRC. He wanted to continue with the season. At that time that was a lot of money to be offered. Bayern also have a wage structure as well so pretty sure we would offer more than them. I am hopeful he will sign as he can become the key player for this club in a short space of time, but he just is not rushing. I don't think it is financially motivated at all though.

Gnabry didnt get a game at WBA because he played under a dinosaur coach who rarely focuses on developing players or a style of football that doesnt require punting it 60 yards. Left Arsenal and within a year was at Bayern. Nothing to do with physical attributes as the Bundesliga is arguably just as physical as the PL.

Lookman again played under Big Sam Allardyce, who was struggling at Everton who were already struggling already and he went for more senior pros, signing the likes of Theo Walcott instead of opting to use Lookman, who would probably have done better. Everton fans were angry they loaned Lookman to RB Leipzig then.

Next big step of CHOs career? Never mind a big step, the next step would be playing regular first team football at Chelsea. He has achieved nothing to be looking at making a next "big step" so if that is his thinking or anyone else associated with him then he is deluded. Hes not even played 50 games. Next step should be knuckling down and playing regular minutes. Think here is the best place for him now.

28 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Agreed.

self-inflicted I’m afraid.

im not really certain cho will become a top player. He is likely to be very good, but his end product is still very raw with mostly crosses once getting into position. His movement, skill, and pace are reassuring tho.

he needs to add cutting inside and finishing to his repertoire. And that final step happens to be the hardest.

He already has cutting inside to his game and the reason we have not seen it as much in the first team is because he has regularly been played on the right. Look how many goals he has scored for our U18 from cutting inside. Check our youth cup game against Birmingham City season before last and the individual effort he scored. Also scored a fantastic goal in a 7-0 win over WBA couple seasons back. Shame I am not able to find highlights. But his goal against PAOK this season at home, was another example of cutting inside and finishing.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Gnabry didnt get a game at WBA because he played under a dinosaur coach who rarely focuses on developing players or a style of football that doesnt require punting it 60 yards. Left Arsenal and within a year was at Bayern. Nothing to do with physical attributes as the Bundesliga is arguably just as physical as the PL.

Lookman again played under Big Sam Allardyce, who was struggling at Everton who were already struggling already and he went for more senior pros, signing the likes of Theo Walcott instead of opting to use Lookman, who would probably have done better. Everton fans were angry they loaned Lookman to RB Leipzig then.

Next big step of CHOs career? Never mind a big step, the next step would be playing regular first team football at Chelsea. He has achieved nothing to be looking at making a next "big step" so if that is his thinking or anyone else associated with him then he is deluded. Hes not even played 50 games. Next step should be knuckling down and playing regular minutes. Think here is the best place for him now.

By next big step I don't mean using us as a stepping stone. I mean as in this is where his career will be. If he decides to renew, he will be a key player for years to come at us and same with Bayern if he is not to renew. Latest news sound encouraging. Looks like he will sign but I saw something similar from the Standard weeks ago, so will only be content once he signs. I do think it is physical attributes. How many young English players go to Bundesliga and play. Oxford another example. Playing at Augsburg. He would not get into any other PL team. Yes, managers over there are more happy to play youngsters but more of a hesitation around here. Ampadu, if he goes on loan would get good minutes at some Bundesliga team but would not be a regular in any PL team over here. PL is defo the hardest league in the world. You will get players from clubs finishing in EL spots in Bundesliga moving to the PL to join mid-table teams.

CHO can be a big player us and sure he will but if he went Bayern, think he would tear the league up quicker than he would do over here imo. 

44 minutes ago, Stats said:

He already has cutting inside to his game and the reason we have not seen it as much in the first team is because he has regularly been played on the right. Look how many goals he has scored for our U18 from cutting inside. Check our youth cup game against Birmingham City season before last and the individual effort he scored. Also scored a fantastic goal in a 7-0 win over WBA couple seasons back. Shame I am not able to find highlights. But his goal against PAOK this season at home, was another example of cutting inside and finishing.

I did not mean he can’t do it, just he can’t do it well enough for the level we are and wages reported. 

Very different to be able to pull off goals consistently against stronger opposition where defenders know what they are doing and systems are more robust.

Imo the difference being a good player like Douglas costa vs a top player like salah, is the quality of the cutting inside move. Salah wins games with that move, while costa does not.

at this time I’m just not sure what his ceiling is, but reaching that top tier is the hardest thing there is.

I think they will get it done. I also think that without Eden and Sarri leaving he would have gone as he probably believes he would get more game time elsewhere.
But now he knows Frank will play him and we only have 4 wingers. So I don't see why he wouldnt sign unless there's other reasons behind it.

If he doesn't then cool that's his choice. But playing regularly bpl top 4 team has to be his best shot of becoming a star and getting in the England team etc

Callum Hudson-Odoi agrees deal to stay at Chelsea

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49091233

Callum Hudson-Odoi has agreed a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 a week to stay at Chelsea.

The England winger, 18, handed in a transfer request in January after Chelsea rejected a £35m bid from Bayern Munich.

But he is set to sign a new contract before the start of the season.

The youngster is understood to have been encouraged by positive words from new manager Frank Lampard, who said he wanted Hudson-Odoi to stay.

The teenager, who is recovering from an Achilles injury suffered in April, is on track for a quick return to action, potentially as soon as September.

More to follow

thank fuck:)