Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 

hazard is a world class player and not playing him would be suicidal when we were competing in pl and europa legue. cho is not near at that level and losing him would not cost as much. especially when we wont get top4 anyways.

no point of developing a player who will leave. rather give time to another player who wants to be here and will be here in the future.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

hazard is a world class player and not playing him would be suicidal when we were competing in pl and europa legue. cho is not near at that level and losing him would not cost as much. especially when we wont get top4 anyways.

no point of developing a player who will leave. rather give time to another player who wants to be here and will be here in the future.

If we have great options out wide, then by all means, send CHO to the reserves to rot etc. But we don't and he's still better than the alternatives like Kenedy, Piazon etc.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

If we have great options out wide, then by all means, send CHO to the reserves to rot etc. But we don't and he's still better than the alternatives like Kenedy, Piazon etc.

True and Kenedy can’t play football.

however, even with adequate insurance, cho will be coming back from a serious injury and worries about his contract will be in his mind.

6mo in he can sign a deal (w any club) and then play with more confidence, but I’d not count on him unless he’s signed.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/16/frank-lampard-updates-on-callum-hudson-odoi-s-future-and-possibl

'With Callum of course I want him to sign and stay here. He’s a player who's come through the Academy; he’s a player who can be a big player for Chelsea and England. We as a club as a whole want him to stay, for sure.

'I think he knows he has a manager here who wants to work with him to improve, and that takes hard work. Nothing is given, especially when you’re 18 years of age, but with all the attributes Callum has we want him to come through at Chelsea and be a big player for us now and in the future.

‘There a few younger players now, some have signed, some I think will sign in the next month or in the early part of the season, and it’s important we move forward on that. I know as a club we are doing our best from top to bottom.’

Bayern Munich have resigned to the fact that Chelsea will not sell Callum Hudson-Odoi under any circumstances this summer and are now actively pursuing alternative transfer targets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-callum-hudson-odoi-bayern-munich-contract-latest-a9008276.html

'There's two things, there's the football side which I'm completely involved in - and then making sure the contract is signed, which I'm not,' Lampard told Sky Sports News.

'So to say I'm confident would mean I know every side, I don't, I leave that to the club. What I do know is that the club want Callum to sign.

'Callum knows how I feel, I've spoken to him. I think he can be absolutely central to this team.

'We all care for the players at this club, particularly the young players - it's important I show that. Then the decision will be his and the club's together.'

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

'There's two things, there's the football side which I'm completely involved in - and then making sure the contract is signed, which I'm not,' Lampard told Sky Sports News.

'So to say I'm confident would mean I know every side, I don't, I leave that to the club. What I do know is that the club want Callum to sign.

'Callum knows how I feel, I've spoken to him. I think he can be absolutely central to this team.

'We all care for the players at this club, particularly the young players - it's important I show that. Then the decision will be his and the club's together.'

Well thats Frank done as much as he can. In all honesty if Callum decides not to renew then its probably due to financals or the fact he has no interest in being here now. Im hopefully he will renew as we are short on wingers if he goes but again if he doesnt want to be here whats the point? We wont fall apart without him. The academy is very good so I wouldnt be surprised if we get another young guy similarly talented popping through. I have been a huge fan of CHO since he made his debut under Conte but again, while he will be an excellent player one day there are many better youngsters out there regardless. He isnt a one in a million generation talent for me. An academy player who could be very very good yes but again, if hes not wanting to be here or is up for rotting on the bench at Bayern? Let him go for it. 

26 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well thats Frank done as much as he can. In all honesty if Callum decides not to renew then its probably due to financals or the fact he has no interest in being here now. Im hopefully he will renew as we are short on wingers if he goes but again if he doesnt want to be here whats the point? We wont fall apart without him. The academy is very good so I wouldnt be surprised if we get another young guy similarly talented popping through. I have been a huge fan of CHO since he made his debut under Conte but again, while he will be an excellent player one day there are many better youngsters out there regardless. He isnt a one in a million generation talent for me. An academy player who could be very very good yes but again, if hes not wanting to be here or is up for rotting on the bench at Bayern? Let him go for it. 

It defo is not financially motivated. The wages he is being offered by us at his age is incredible and I doubt Bayern would offer more. I think it is down to where he thinks he will develop as a player the most. He may be thinking, the Bundesliga is a better and possibly easier platform to look better, e.g Sancho, Gnabry (who won Bayern's POTS award) as the league is not as tough as the PL and teams are much inferior to Bayern in that league. I think he knows in terms of financial and playing wise, that will not be an issue at Chelsea but what he probably is looking at is as the whole career. Will there be long term stability at us? etc and joining a better team.

I will be very annoyed if he don't sign. This time, not at the club as we have done everything we can for him to sign new contract. Excellent contract offer for a player his age and majority of players in league are not even near that money. Playing wise, will be prominent for us, so it really boils down to other factors.

28 minutes ago, Stats said:

It defo is not financially motivated. The wages he is being offered by us at his age is incredible and I doubt Bayern would offer more. I think it is down to where he thinks he will develop as a player the most. He may be thinking, the Bundesliga is a better and possibly easier platform to look better, e.g Sancho, Gnabry (who won Bayern's POTS award) as the league is not as tough as the PL and teams are much inferior to Bayern in that league. I think he knows in terms of financial and playing wise, that will not be an issue at Chelsea but what he probably is looking at is as the whole career. Will there be long term stability at us? etc and joining a better team.

I will be very annoyed if he don't sign. This time, not at the club as we have done everything we can for him to sign new contract. Excellent contract offer for a player his age and majority of players in league are not even near that money. Playing wise, will be prominent for us, so it really boils down to other factors.

I dont think he will think playing every week in the Bundesliga will make him look better than playing in the PL most weeks, plus the lower German teams are arguably better than those in the PL outside the top 12 or 14 and are much more similar standards to each other unlike the regelatiom candidates here like Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton, etc who are miles behind the others. Easier platform or not I dont get it.

He rejected a 85k a week offer from us a while back then there was talk of Bayern offering 100k or 120k a week when they wanted him. Now theres talk of us offering 100k a week. While the figures are all hear say I would imagine him not signing would be more down to financial looking at everything else, as Frank said he can be central to this team which I think means as long as he shows effort and can maintain performances, he will play a lot. I honestly dont get what else he would be interested in not staying here for in all honesty, Bayern he would have less a chance of starting than here in all fairness, plus theres been talk of Kovac saying to the board and players if they dont sign more players particularly wide areas, hes gonna play 352. Obviously CHO being a winger is a position they need.to strengthen but his playing time is going to be less there than here. It makes no other sense to leave a team who sold their best player who played his position, whos manager has basically talked him up in the public and behind closed doors, said he is very interested in using young players from the academy who feel the club... 

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think he will think playing every week in the Bundesliga will make him look better than playing in the PL most weeks, plus the lower German teams are arguably better than those in the PL outside the top 12 or 14 and are much more similar standards to each other unlike the regelatiom candidates here like Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton, etc who are miles behind the others. Easier platform or not I dont get it.

He rejected a 85k a week offer from us a while back then there was talk of Bayern offering 100k or 120k a week when they wanted him. Now theres talk of us offering 100k a week. While the figures are all hear say I would imagine him not signing would be more down to financial looking at everything else, as Frank said he can be central to this team which I think means as long as he shows effort and can maintain performances, he will play a lot. I honestly dont get what else he would be interested in not staying here for in all honesty, Bayern he would have less a chance of starting than here in all fairness, plus theres been talk of Kovac saying to the board and players if they dont sign more players particularly wide areas, hes gonna play 352. Obviously CHO being a winger is a position they need.to strengthen but his playing time is going to be less there than here. It makes no other sense to leave a team who sold their best player who played his position, whos manager has basically talked him up in the public and behind closed doors, said he is very interested in using young players from the academy who feel the club... 

PL is a lot more physical. Look at Gnabry. He did not even get into WBA team. Lookman goes to RB Leipzig and he performs. There are some good teams but the PL is a lot more tougher due to the physical nature. I don't think CHO is expecting to play every single game. He knows he will be on the bench sometimes. Bayern right now need wingers and their current ones are not world class. Gnabry, despite winning the POTY can and will be rotated if they have winger options. Coman too and he is injury prone. Muller is not and out and out winger and with more winger options, Kovac will not play him there. Davies still has developing to do. So, yeah due to transfer ban, you would think he would start more here, but either way he still will have loads of opportunities at Bayern. His ceiling his higher than all their wingers in that current team imo.

And yes because playing for Chelsea against a lot of other teams, there is not a clear disparity in terms of quality. In the Bundesliga there is. Bayern are heads and shoulders above almost every team in that league, so he would look better. He won't have much defensive work to do because Bayern will dominate majority of their games and he will be receiving the ball a lot more. 

Regarding the financial aspect, we could have offered him £150,000 last season and he still would have rejected it. He defo is not making his decision based on financial. It is because this will be the next big step of his career. This is where his future will lie, so he weighing everything up. This has not been reported much, but right from the beginning of last season, before Bayern registered any interest, we wanted him to sign a contract, worth then around £50k p/w IIRC. He wanted to continue with the season. At that time that was a lot of money to be offered. Bayern also have a wage structure as well so pretty sure we would offer more than them. I am hopeful he will sign as he can become the key player for this club in a short space of time, but he just is not rushing. I don't think it is financially motivated at all though.

9 minutes ago, Stats said:

Although it was refreshing to see likes of Mount and RLC sign new deals, they were rather expected. I think we can all agree that if CHO signs on, this will be the biggest relief and will be the biggest success in a transfer window where we can't make any transfers.

I totally agree 👍 that's hope lampard can turn James RLC mount Abraham and if Cho stays into our own fergie babes 

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

Although it was refreshing to see likes of Mount and RLC sign new deals, they were rather expected. I think we can all agree that if CHO signs on, this will be the biggest relief and will be the biggest success in a transfer window where we can't make any transfers.

I prefer not to speak. If I speak, I'm in big trouble. :ph34r: