Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

31 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Fair enough. His actions thus far have push a number of people to that train of thought. 

Giving the benefit of the doubt isn't normally wise, especially where footballers are involved.

The only real action so far was his transfer request in January, which I believe if anything was borne out of frustration at the lack of game time under Sarri.

Since then everything has been kept under wraps and most of the media is coming from Bild which to Bayern is like Marca to Real Madrid. 

A contract can take time under normal circumstances but in this instance there are so many things at present which can compound to this (new manager, CHO's serious injury, only year left, etc). I just think we all need to be patient, I'm confident what Lampard said will prove to be right and will convince CHO his future is here - that being he can be an important player in this team and will get plenty of chances and game time but there will be no guarantees for any player at the club.

The only real action so far was his transfer request in January, which I believe if anything was borne out of frustration at the lack of game time under Sarri.
Since then everything has been kept under wraps and most of the media is coming from Bild which to Bayern is like Marca to Real Madrid. 
A contract can take time under normal circumstances but in this instance there are so many things at present which can compound to this (new manager, CHO's serious injury, only year left, etc). I just think we all need to be patient, I'm confident what Lampard said will prove to be right and will convince CHO his future is here - that being he can be an important player in this team and will get plenty of chances and game time but there will be no guarantees for any player at the club.
There are seemingly two constants going by reports over the last few months:

1) CHO wanting playing time (was effectively a starter mid Jan/Feb onwards).

2) CHO has rejected numerous contract extensions put forth by the club.

Talk of Lamps being center of attention behind all of this needs to stop. Ball has been in CHO's court since Bayern showed an interest.

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There are seemingly two constants going by reports over the last few months:

1) CHO wanting playing time (was effectively a starter mid Jan/Feb onwards).

2) CHO has rejected numerous contract extensions put forth by the club.

Talk of Lamps being center of attention behind all of this needs to stop. Ball has been in CHO's court since Bayern showed an interest.

#1 has always been BS. That was the reason the player and agent gave to the press for not wanting to sign. Strategic, nothing else.

There is only one reason a promising 18yo, who's breaking into the the starting XI, would refuse signing a new deal: he's weighting his options and may choose to walk away as a free agent.

It has been my point from the beginning that promising youngsters, who are not under long-term deals, should not be allowed anywhere near the first team. Getting to the first team should be the greatest motivator to signing new deals. Not being allowed in the first team should be a deterrent to rebellious behavior in the squad.

Get rid of the fucking arrogant brat.

we've got better in Billy Glimour.

As for his brother, a fucking nobody who fucked up his own joke of a football career where he was useless, and now want's to do the same with his brother.

Bayern Munich have accepted that a deal to sign Leroy Sane from Manchester City is unlikely to happen in this transfer window, according to Sky in Germany

I think Bayern next move is to go for Cho now 

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Take the £45m I don't want a player at  the club who's put in a transfer request even hazard didn't put in transfer request when he wanted to go real cause he had respect for the club 

Eden said he wanted to leave last sunmer. While it wasnt a transfer request its not as if he didnt say it...

Regarding CHO and more or less the majority of players with agents, I doubt his agent is really going to hugely influence him to sign or not sign a new deal etc, if a player wants to leave its ultimately their decision.

Sure agents are there and maybe some yes they can influence or get their clients better deals (that fat Italian dickhead who Pogba, Ibra are represented by is the worst of them the millions he has rinsed from clubs is incredible) but ultimately the buck stops with the player for me regardless.

If he wanted to really stay and sign a new deal he would of by now. This his brother is doing this or getting player X or Y a move to Bayern isnt really the reason why he hasnt signed. His head was obviously turned in Jan (the likes of Bayern being interested will do that to many young players) hence the transfer request, coupled together with a lck of playing time. The lack of talk regarding his future when asked after that said 1000 words too.

Regardless, the club shouldn't be bowing down to someone who has only played 25 games in the first team if he doesnt want to stay. Anyone thinking their bigger, better or dont want to be here should be shown the door, especially a kid who however you look at it hasnt really achieved anything in terms of his footballing career to date.

Not just Callum this is a huge issue with many young players in England. Big youth contracts, too much too soon, I mean look at Rashford, very good prospect and will be a top player but 200k a week? Jesse Lingard very average limited footballer, 140k a week... and theres probably hundreds of them in the UK alone.

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit more relaxed about the situation either way. Had he left without any serious game time I would have been incandescent at how we've let another potential KDB situation happen again so easily but ultimately even if he does turn out that good we can't be blamed as we have done everything we possibly can and more.

I have never seen such a favourable set of circumstances for a young player at any club for a long time. If the number 10 shirt, 100k a week (which even considering inflation is a lot for a player with less than 30 career appearances), a chance to skip the loan process (a privilege not even JT was granted), his idol returning as manager alongside his two youth coaches assisting him and a chance to be the face of this generation at the club he supports isn't enough to convince him then meh, whatever really.

+he is recovering from a long term injury right now and bayern are literally the only Club in for him. It also not that he is some Mbappe kind of Talent. This guy has some nerves. I have some weird kind of respect for that pure cheek and stubbornness. I get nervous when my paycheck is a few days late and this guy there is chilling, spinning his thumbs while stalling on a contract that would secure his and his familys financial Future forever

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

+he is recovering from a long term injury right now and bayern are literally the only Club in for him. It also not that he is some Mbappe kind of Talent. This guy has some nerves. I have some weird kind of respect for that pure cheek and stubbornness. I get nervous when my paycheck is a few days late and this guy there is chilling, spinning his thumbs while stalling on a contract that would secure his and his familys financial Future forever

Yeah I can definitely see why he's milking the situation a bit (I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after), sometimes in life that is required but yeah he is playing with fire doing that at the minute given his injury (if that's what he's doing), could backfire big time.

I want the club to have a great season. My son says this kid healthy is rather special on the pitch and will only get better. 

I am new to the EPL, I have watched several Chelsea matches with my son, but haven't really paid attention to the league as a whole. Can anyone think of a player that had 30 matches and demanded to be given the 10 jersey? It seems odd to me, but maybe it happens?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after

BASTARD! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah I can definitely see why he's milking the situation a bit (I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after), sometimes in life that is required but yeah he is playing with fire doing that at the minute given his injury (if that's what he's doing), could backfire big time.

That’s one risky move :) 

Some employers have a policy as to not hold people who at some point wanted to leave. It’s a policy around commitment and whatnot. Glad it paid off.

CHOs hard stance looks like a risky move as well. Say he would reinjury his Achilles in the first 6 months into the last year of his deal... not a good place to be.

3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i would not play him at all if he decides not to sign a new contract.

Good point. He might start, even if subconsciously, avoiding hard tackles.

either way, situation is not great. Would have been much easier if this was taking place a year ago.