Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Olivier Giroud

Jase
Followers 6

Can't believe Ac Milan have the nerve to ask us for a free transfer here. why would we bother with prolonign is contract if we were fine with having him leave on a free.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Genuine applause to the fans yesterday from him. Players who give their all are always loved by fans no matter who they may have played for. Well done Giroud and let's hope your example rubs off

Giroud is one of the best signings of past years. He had zero hype. He was cheap.  Yet he was key in Europa League trophy last season, and he was key in saving our season. Team looked set to fini

Excellent image of Giroud doing a Costa with all the fallen Saints!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can't believe Ac Milan have the nerve to ask us for a free transfer here. why would we bother with prolonign is contract if we were fine with having him leave on a free.

Pretty sure there was a clause that activated a few months ago, in April, Giroud said so himself IIRC. So maybe Milans interest didn’t materialise then? If they wanted him back then they really should have made an offer for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Looks like he is off to Milan for €2m. Personally, I don't see the point, I'd rather keep him than recieve €2m. 

its is a £7.5m net gain

as we remove his £5.7m salary from the books as well

pretty decent business by Marina

Edited by Vesper
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Looks like he is off to Milan for €2m. Personally, I don't see the point, I'd rather keep him than recieve €2m. 

What happened to this? 

On 07/07/2021 at 03:07, King Kante said:

As for the culling, the real issue is more wages than fees, so it is kind of a case of every little helps. 

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Nah - I think we have extracted as much as we could from Giroud as a squad player. Best to part ways and sign a younger backup in case Tammy also leaves.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The way he looks after himself wouldnt be surprised if he'll still be playing for another 2-3 years

I think he'll thrive in Italy for another couple of years.

It's no coincidence that his best performances this season for us were in Europe where games are usually slower and more tactical then the frenetic pace domestically.

He'll be a very good signing for Milan, but he certainly goes with my blessing. For what looked nothing more than a short term stop gap to appease Conte, he's turned out to be a really effective and value for money buy. He's a bloody likeable and selfless personality too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jas said:

What happened to this? 

Well I didn't mean cull everyone regardless. I actually rate Giroud as one of the best options for a CF3 in Europe, I get his wages are highish but I think a €2m fee, or a £7.5m saving overall isn't worth it unless we are 100% getting Håland. 

I mean, if things go tits up and we have to panic buy someone to replace him, it is going to cost a lot more than €2m/£7.5m for the year. 

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 1
Just now, King Kante said:

Well I didn't mean cull everyone regardless. I actually rate Giroud as one of the best options for a CF3 in Europe, I get his wages are highish but I think a €2m fee, or a £7.5m saving isn't worth it unless we are 100% getting Håland. 

Chelsea have always been fair with players that have given top service, it's something we never get credit for.

Giroud's professionalism here has been exemplary, especially after he was seemingly off 18 months ago and we cancelled at the last minute. There was no moaning and bitching he just put his head down and fought his way back into the reckoning. 

He's played that selfless squad role for a long time now at Chelsea, and at his age he fully deserves the opportunity to just be playing regularly. His game time diminished nearly as much as Tammy's by the season run-in. Particularly if he still has ambitions to play on for France and try to hunt down the goal scoring record (which I personally hope he does). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Chelsea have always been fair with players that have given top service, it's something we never get credit for.

Giroud's professionalism here has been exemplary, especially after he was seemingly off 18 months ago and we cancelled at the last minute. There was no moaning and bitching he just put his head down and fought his way back into the reckoning. 

He's played that selfless squad role for a long time now at Chelsea, and at his age he fully deserves the opportunity to just be playing regularly. His game time diminished nearly as much as Tammy's by the season run-in. Particularly if he still has ambitions to play on for France and try to hunt down the goal scoring record (which I personally hope he does). 

True the club are fair to the players. 

Posted (edited)

Apparently its basically done. €2m.

Rumours is he will wear number 9. Trying to find photo I seen of him with the shirt but unsure if real or not. 

Surely be doing rounds on twitter as well will try find link.

Edited by OneMoSalah

His best goal at the club is undoubtedly the bicycle vs Atletico. The dribble vs Southampton in the FA Cup Semi which he somehow finished with his right foot was also A great goal.

• Like 1
  • Jase changed the title to Olivier Giroud

Won more European trophies with us than Arsenal in their entire history.

Oli is the prime example of a true professional. Fully deserves all the trophies and medals he has.

25 minutes ago, Milan said:

Won more European trophies with us than Arsenal in their entire history.

Oli is the prime example of a true professional. Fully deserves all the trophies and medals he has.

Oli, Fab and AC long long been Chelseafied, even Pedro who came from Barca bleed Blue now.

• Like 1

He will missing for sure  

After Ashley Cole and Fabregas   he is the third player to become a legend for Chelsea after transfer from arsenal .

😔

Edited by milka