Olivier Giroud

milka

Giroud could well indirectly sort the problem of us not having a player to score the bulk of our goals to challenge this season. It doesn't need to be the striker, if Hazard can get 20-25 league goals this season that will be fine as we have a number of players who can chip in 5,10,15 goals a season each to help spread the rest of the goal scoring.

Morata should get used to Thursday nights and League Cup matches. Giroud is a total different kind of animal, brings so much to the game even if he does not score, a la Benzema. 

Benzema's goal scoring record is nowhere near worth of a centre forward playing for Madrid, yet it's how many years since he's the undisputed centre forward there? 8? 9? I can name at least 10 other strikers with a better record than Benzema that Madrid could have easily bought. But they did not. I feel Giroud adds the same dimension to the game and could create a terrific partnership with Eden, a la Cristiano and Benzema. 

20 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Morata should get used to Thursday nights and League Cup matches. Giroud is a total different kind of animal, brings so much to the game even if he does not score, a la Benzema. 

Benzema's goal scoring record is nowhere near worth of a centre forward playing for Madrid, yet it's how many years since he's the undisputed centre forward there? 8? 9? I can name at least 10 other strikers with a better record than Benzema that Madrid could have easily bought. But they did not. I feel Giroud adds the same dimension to the game and could create a terrific partnership with Eden, a la Cristiano and Benzema. 

You must not have watched Benzema so far this year, now that he is back as a pure point man. His role was also different much of the time in the past couple of seasons with RM, and he had a nine year run (including with Real up until 2016-17) where he averaged almost 25 goals a year and 14 assists, including 2 seasons over 30 goals.

Vastly superior player compared to Morata.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Giroud could well indirectly sort the problem of us not having a player to score the bulk of our goals to challenge this season. It doesn't need to be the striker, if Hazard can get 20-25 league goals this season that will be fine as we have a number of players who can chip in 5,10,15 goals a season each to help spread the rest of the goal scoring.

Now if we could finally get a proper balance to Eden on the RW thats when a goal scoring striker wouldm't seem so important.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Now if we could finally get a proper balance to Eden on the RW thats when a goal scoring striker wouldm't seem so important.

Pedro isnt world class obviously, but so far he was amazing. If he keeps up for this season, RW wont be a problem this season.

And IMO proper striker is always required, unless you have some 30+goal a season freak individual (Ronaldo, Salah, Messi). 

Striker still adds that clinical finish, and more importantly is always in right spot. Lw and Rw can be good finishers, but they are not exactly waiting infront of goal to finish off the chances.

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Pedro isnt world class obviously, but so far he was amazing. If he keeps up for this season, RW wont be a problem this season.

And IMO proper striker is always required, unless you have some 30+goal a season freak individual (Ronaldo, Salah, Messi). 

Striker still adds that clinical finish, and more importantly is always in right spot. Lw and Rw can be good finishers, but they are not exactly waiting infront of goal to finish off the chances.

Sounds like our strikers eh Of course in a perfect world we would have at least 1 striker we could count on to give us goals but IF we could get ourselves a good balance for Eden - something we have needed and have tried MANY in that position to find one - then at least it wouldn't be so imperative to find a top striker and to talk him into joining us.

I'm not skagging Pedro off as I do prefer his more direct approach over Willians fussy style. And I wouldn't mind at all us keeping him as supersub IF we could sign someone like Bailey.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

You must not have watched Benzema so far this year, now that he is back as a pure point man. His role was also different much of the time in the past couple of seasons with RM, and he had a nine year run (including with Real up until 2016-17) where he averaged almost 25 goals a year and 14 assists, including 2 seasons over 30 goals.

Vastly superior player compared to Morata.

I am not saying he is rubbish mate, exactly the opposite, just that he is not the first name you'd expect to see on the scoresheet when Madrid score, although his impact is still big. Similar to Busquets when Guardiola promoted him, nobody understood his role, did not score, did not assists, but his role was vital in Guardiola's philosophy of controlling games from the middle of the park. Years went by and people used to say that you recognise why players like Busquets are so important only when they do not play. 

9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Giroud is mister unlucky.
Could have scored twice early on in the game against Cardiff, back in 2016 lost the european cup because the ball wanted to bounce away from the Portuguese goalmouth.
But the man eats every blade of grass,

We are plagued by those players lol

Just look at the chances Pedro Mercury had. If he could put those chances away he would def be our top scorer.

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We are plagued by those players lol

Just look at the chances Pedro Mercury had. If he could put those chances away he would def be our top scorer.

We had better ones, Lamps-Didier.
Pedro was in Barca's first squad - got replaced by the biteman.
Δει δη χρημάτων ω άνδρες Αθηναίοι, if you want a new Didier.

Yup, he needs to be our main striker. Not only because of his presence on the pitch, but also his personality. I don't believe it instills much confidence in the team when they see a frustrated Morata with a pout lip sulking, this is very bad in the big crunch games where mind wins over power. Giroud is a relentless hustler who doesn't let one kick knock him off his game, he will always have his chin up looking to help the team playing to his strengths.

32 minutes ago, Mana said:

To me, the jury is still out. I need to see how he does against the big sides before I can say "he should be our perma starter and we don't need to buy anybody else".

But in terms on what we currently have? Come on, I don't need to tell you who I instantly prefer.

No one said we don't need to buy an actual world class striker. Zero chance what we have is close to good enough.

I say Giroud over Morata, but that is because the only worse regular on the squad than Morata is Luiz.

Neither deserve to be in Chelsea blue. Neither should be here. Both should have been sold. Our board is shit.

If they give Luiz a contract extension until he is 34 I am going to lose my mind.