Olivier Giroud

milka

11 hours ago, communicate said:

Maybe I am in the minority here but I really like this signing. I like Giroud as a striker. His finishing is horrible but his link up play is great which is important for our team.

I believe he will do very well for us.

I think he will do fine too, I just do not like how Conte expressed he must asses his physical condition yesterday days after he featured for Arsenal at Swansea.

We cannot go with the false 9 again, we simply cannot.

Just now, Special Juan said:

I think he will do fine too, I just do not like how Conte expressed he must asses his physical condition yesterday days after he featured for Arsenal at Swansea.

We cannot go with the false 9 again, we simply cannot.

Maybe he is injured I don't know. 

But I agree completely with you, everything looks so wrong with our team playing with false 9.

Although he didn't see much of the ball I saw enough that he gave us a focal point when he came on and a genuine threat up front that helped push Watford back for the first time in the match. It also opened up Hazard to be able to drift around and come deep to get the ball which we needed him to do to march us down the pitch. 

It massively asks questions over Conte's decision to not start him.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Although he didn't see much of the ball I saw enough that he gave us a focal point when he came on and a genuine threat up front that helped push Watford back for the first time in the match. It also opened up Hazard to be able to drift around and come deep to get the ball which we needed him to do to march us down the pitch. 

It massively asks questions over Conte's decision to not start him.

agreed

immediately combined with Eden to create a clear cut chance, which he missed by very very little - it was a nice (difficult) finish. Looked promising...

Starting XI made no sense esp without Giroud.

Sturridge started immediately for WBA once he was bought and he's made of glass, Sanchez did for United too, Batshuayi did for Dortmund and so did loads of other fucking players, yet all we hear is 'physical condition'

We have one fucking striker, a big fucker and we don't play/start him:lol:

40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Sturridge started immediately for WBA once he was bought and he's made of glass, Sanchez did for United too, Batshuayi did for Dortmund and so did loads of other fucking players, yet all we hear is 'physical condition'

We have one fucking striker, a big fucker and we don't play/start him:lol:

The same goes for Emerson. If he was fit for the bench why didn't he start because it left us with Zappacosta and Cahill on the left hand side, neither comfortable with their left foot and always wanting to cut back inside.

I would much rather start someone and if they are struggling, or aren't match fit to play the 90 minutes they can come off. It's surely a greater risk to bring them on as a sub only to see them break down and then have to use another sub?! 

On 06/02/2018 at 0:23 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

The same goes for Emerson. If he was fit for the bench why didn't he start because it left us with Zappacosta and Cahill on the left hand side, neither comfortable with their left foot and always wanting to cut back inside.

I would much rather start someone and if they are struggling, or aren't match fit to play the 90 minutes they can come off. It's surely a greater risk to bring them on as a sub only to see them break down and then have to use another sub?! 

Tbh Emerson I understand. He's been away for LONG, starting so soon might not have been the best for him or the team in general. Giroud on the other hand? I tend to agree, having a half-fit striker, who is just continuing from where he left off in the same league, is better than leaving our most dangerous player facing 5 players on his own.

On 06/02/2018 at 10:23 AM, Superblue_1986 said:

It’s Conte. His squad management is bad/weird. 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good home debut. Held up the ball well, linked up well with others - seemed to have struck an instant understanding with Hazard already. Should have scored that guilt-edge chance he had. All in all, promising stuff so far.

Yeah, him and Eden will make beautiful music. Giroud was always part of the best team goals Arsenal scored - he’s somewhat of a creative presence up front. His style of play means he can play at this level for years to come tbh. Good player. 

Good start. More to come, at Arsenal he’d score in a game or two and go on a run so hopefully he can get some goals in the next few fixtures. Never doubted his willingness to be involved in the play or his desire but although he added a lot more of a killer instinct to his game the last 3 or 4 years at Arsenal in comparison to the inconsisten player he was when he just arrived, still guilty of missing some decent chances. Should have got one tonight. Maybe he’s waiting to get his first goal v Barca, fair enough if so 😂

Does nothing special at all for Hazard's first last night. All he does is let the ball hit is foot and get across his man, everything a target man should be doing.

He's going to give Morata and Conte something to really think about it. I'd start him over Morata right now, injury or no inury.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Does nothing special at all for Hazard's first last night. All he does is let the ball hit is foot and get across his man, everything a target man should be doing.

He's going to give Morata and Conte something to really think about it. I'd start him over Morata right now, injury or no inury.

????
Morata does not fit Conte's system. Giroud is more a Diego Costa kind of player than Morata. When Morata is not scoring goals with his head he is pretty useless for the most part. Morata does not even do what a "target man should be doing". 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/12/olivier-giroud-well-groomed-half-speed-costa