Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Olivier Giroud

Jase
Followers 6

A report from The Mirror has indicated that France manager Didier Deschamps has told Oliver Giroud to leave Chelsea in January if he wants to guarantee is place in the France squad next Summer.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/12/16/chelsea-ace-urged-to-quit-the-club-in-january-to-guarantee-his-place-at-euro-2020/

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Genuine applause to the fans yesterday from him. Players who give their all are always loved by fans no matter who they may have played for. Well done Giroud and let's hope your example rubs off

Giroud is one of the best signings of past years. He had zero hype. He was cheap.  Yet he was key in Europa League trophy last season, and he was key in saving our season. Team looked set to fini

Excellent image of Giroud doing a Costa with all the fallen Saints!

Posted Images

Inter looking at Petagna as alternative to Giroud: the idea

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/inter-looking-at-petagna-as-alternative-to-giroud-the-idea-93232

Inter are still searching for backup for striker Romelu Lukaku and an alternative to Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been identified, according to a report from Italian media outlet Calciomercato.com today.

The report details how the Nerazzurri appreciate the need for more attacking depth in the squad and due to the risk, that the club won’t be able to secure the signature of Giroud, they have been considering alternatives. Andrea Petagna of SPAL has now been noted as a potential option.

The Nerazzurri have been discussing the player with his club, the report highlights, although due to SPAL’s precarious position in the league table they may be hesitant to lose their main striker. Inter are working out how to convince the club to lose the Italian forward, but are still hoping to secure either Petagna or Giroud in January as they look to continue the fight with Juventus for the league title this season.

snip

• 3 weeks later...

Exclusive: Olivier Giroud agent met Inter directors today in Milano. The French striker would be ready to join and agreed personal terms (contract until 2022) - but talks are still on between Inter and Chelsea, no agreement yet btw the two clubs. 🔵 @SkySport #Inter #Chelsea #CFC https://t.co/zcumNneQjU

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard really doe not rate him

SMDH

not saying Giroud is the bee's knees, but FFS, I can think of so many games where Giroud would have been a good super sub option

Bats is pure pants, but he stays unless a miracle CF buy is pulled outta the old rabbit hat

A rapidly ageing Pedro has been dreary and dreadful for the entire year overall, but now is elevated to a 'vital part of our team' per Lampard's own words. Dog help us if (I cannot believe I am even typing these words) Willian goes down injured

our LB's (Azpi included) are overall dregs but no movement, it is killing us in most games, it crushes our left-side buildup play unless Alonso is playing at LWB

Speaking of offence, we desperately need creativity but instead are 95% reliant on Mount and a probably not-going-to-be-fit all the rest of the season wish n' hope RLC return. Barkley is dire yet he stays and likely will stay even next summer if we maintain the relentless hesitancy to pull the trigger on sales attitude

CB's have been overall very poor at ball play, but nothing done to sort this, even with a buyback clause saving us £10 to £15m on true market value for Ake (a rare left-footer who has also played at LB)  HG young EPL proven veteran CB's are PRICEY as fuck, look at the insane almost £80m Maguire cost, and he is not a WC player, regardless of however much the delusional Brit press and the Manure fanboy scum plumps for him) Watch Ake get snapped up by a DIRECT top 4 contender, I can so feel it coming, and he greatly improves ALL of them, literally all, especially the two Manc teams, and even more so, Spuds and (dog forbid) Arse

DMF has been a large issue (and overall MF defence, Kante most definitely included at his forced-in CMF position) and again, zero done

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Inter wants to sell Politano first before bringing Giroud. 

Lukaku-Lautaro 

Giroud-Sanchez 

Great options for Antonio. 

Inter Winger Politano Becomes A Priority For Roma Following Zaniolo’s Injury

https://sempreinter.com/2020/01/13/inter-winger-politano-becomes-a-priority-for-roma-following-zaniolos-injury/

• 1 month later...

So badly treated it's unbelievable. 

He's 3rd best goalscorer in the history of France. 

Still their number one striker. 

Scored 3 in the last 4 appearances for France. 

And we are talking about best national team in the world. World champions! 

Yet here fucking Michy is ahead of him! 

Not to mention he was not allowed to leave. 

Let's hope after last night Frank finally starts to play him regularly. 

• Like 2

Frank has marginalised him for no reason other than this own stupidity this season. What was he thinking? Batshuayi? Really? I have been mentioning Giroud not playing for ages and when he eventually does take him on he looks capable of altering the game.

• Like 3

In some aspects of the Giroud is a better player than Abraham. I can't see Abraham scoring the same goals Giroud scored against Arsenal in Europa League final and the non goal he scored against United. In some games Giroud is the perfect striker you would inside the opponent area. His aerial game is terrific. I also can't see my man Abraham giving that assist Giroud gave Hazard in the same Europa League final.

• Like 1

Our best striker! Of course he will never stay here after this season but he's the one who deserves new one year contract! Lamps got it wrong here let's hope he learned from mistakes. 

Giroud 60 minutes, Abraham 30 minutes is the perfect scenario for the rest of the season. 

And wow, Giroud just 18 pages on this forum after more than two years? 

He's unappreciated not only by Frank but by our fans too. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Our best striker! Of course he will never stay here after this season but he's the one who deserves new one year contract! Lamps got it wrong here let's hope he learned from mistakes. 

Giroud 60 minutes, Abraham 30 minutes is the perfect scenario for the rest of the season. 

And wow, Giroud just 18 pages on this forum after more than two years? 

He's unappreciated not only by Frank but by our fans too. 

Yeah, for all his weaknesses, he has proven time and time again that he deserves respect for his attitude and professionalism (not to mention the ability to score a goal or two unlike Bats).

Massive professional after being humiliated and sidelined by Lampard. He is clearly our best striker, he absolutely destroyed Tottenham and Lampard today, hopefully he starts more because it's our only to get top 4 this season.

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

Massive professional after being humiliated and sidelined by Lampard. He is clearly our best striker, he absolutely destroyed Tottenham and Lampard today, hopefully he starts more because it's our only to get top 4 this season.

That is the problem with the club when he is supposed to be a starter.... 

I have always said it that giroud is a super sub and that is the role that he should be. 

Lampard went with bats and that was not good. Another waste of money that bats. But giroud for me he is the perfect super sub to have in your team. 

• Like 1

He can fulfil either role. As a substitute for obvious reasons, his professionalism, his experience and all of his football qualities. On the other hand, he would be perfect to wear defenders out for an hour and let Abraham, with his speed, agility - finish the job. I believe in todays game we saw something similar, with Tammy having lots of space and one big opportunity which he should have netted. These two strikers are so different from each other, which can only work in our favor if it gets used properly. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

That is the problem with the club when he is supposed to be a starter.... 

I have always said it that giroud is a super sub and that is the role that he should be. 

Lampard went with bats and that was not good. Another waste of money that bats. But giroud for me he is the perfect super sub to have in your team. 

Batshuayi make more sense as super sub. Usually team like to bring poacher when they need goals.

• Jase changed the title to Olivier Giroud