Olivier Giroud

milka

He played 14 times against us and scored once, that was in the stoppage time of the game when we were 3-0 up. He was arguably one of the easiest forwards our defence had ever had to deal with. Feck me weve had more problems with Jonathan Walters. [emoji3]
Slightly better than Batsuhayi but still a donkey. We are spending 20 mil on a player only to give him a 1-year contract. And it gets even more depressing when you realize that Arsenal bought Aubameyang basically from the money that they got by selling two donkeys Giroud and Walcott.
Really, I seem to remember him scoring in a few goals in a row...
Sorry for the mistake, my memory is as reliable as Morata's feet these days...

16 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I can appreciate people saying that it's a bargain, but lets be honest - it's a crap signing at the end of the day. He's only coming because he's surplus to requirements at Arsenal.

If they didn't sign Auba, do you really think he'd have left Arsenal? No way.

So we're now in the game of buying old cast-offs.

Crappy signing? He has 105 goals in 253 games for Arsenal. That's pretty decent and in terms of his age he's an ideal age to be a back up. Financially its not really that much of a big fee, sure hes surplus to requirements as you say but, really is it more because of Arsenal or his desire to play in which why hes wanting to move? Arsenal would probably keep him if they could, its so obvious Wenger rates him and has done for years but I think its more Giroud wanting out than Arsenal wanting him out. 

14 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I can appreciate people saying that it's a bargain, but lets be honest - it's a crap signing at the end of the day. He's only coming because he's surplus to requirements at Arsenal.

If they didn't sign Auba, do you really think he'd have left Arsenal? No way.

So we're now in the game of buying old cast-offs.

Chelsea is a different beast these days, people must start understanding this. Cast-offs middle of the road players, call it what you like but this business model has changed hugely.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Crappy signing? He has 105 goals in 253 games for Arsenal. That's pretty decent and in terms of his age he's an ideal age to be a back up. Financially its not really that much of a big fee, sure hes surplus to requirements as you say but, really is it more because of Arsenal or his desire to play in which why hes wanting to move? Arsenal would probably keep him if they could, its so obvious Wenger rates him and has done for years but I think its more Giroud wanting out than Arsenal wanting him out. 

And therein lies the problem. People more than happy to accept "decent".

Of course its because of Arsenal. If Giroud wanted out because of his supposed desire to play, he could have gone to Everton in the summer when they were wanting him. But he and Arsene/Arsenal have been happy to sit on the bench because it was convenient for them both. And now he'll do the same here.

makes some sense as he appears to be ok with being a sub most of the time but can`t help but think would the other big clubs in Europe be worrying about having their 2nd striker being ok about being used as mostly a sub or would they go for 2 great strikers and make them fight it out for who gets the most playing time..our strike force is essentially made up with two subs from elsewhere now if we sign Giroud.  i like Morata..just going through a rough patch but would like us to have somebody who will challenge him to play at his peak..Giroud isn`t bad but he`s not that.  

i expect us to be looking for a top striker in the summer..i think the club don`t want to spend big now because they may think Conte isn`t gonna be here in the summer..they seem only willing to really splash the cash during a new managers first summer in recent years. 

Just now, Dingus said:

And therein lies the problem. People more than happy to accept "decent".

Of course its because of Arsenal. If Giroud wanted out because of his supposed desire to play, he could have gone to Everton in the summer when they were wanting him. But he and Arsene/Arsenal have been happy to sit on the bench because it was convenient for them both. And now he'll do the same here.

No ones happy to accept decent mate. But u need to accept we aint the big spenders no more and probs wont be again anytime soon.

it would be fine if we didn`t spend big in the future on lots of players, if we were more proactive in getting our world class youth players integrated into the first team squad more. then just splash on a few top draw players from elsewhere. the old Barcelona way of winning. 

Would've been more moved by this signing had this been the summer of 2016.

It was interesting to see how he went from a regular at Arsenal, and an important player overall, to squad filler status in the current season. Might be because he's getting up there in terms of age, meaning his fitness and sharpness might be waning rapidly.

I doubt he'll be truly valuable as a starter. But hopefully he'll still be able to impact games as a sub.

And some people thought we will go for Icardi? Lewandoski or something ?

We look for a back-up player not a starter so wake up, it's not about accept decent.

Who is Lewandoski backup in Bayern ? Who is Benzema back up in Real ? Who is Suarez backup in Barcelona ?

Girourd is a great back-up player he prove since he was arrived in England so stop acting like kids who always want big signing.

I understand that when we don't sign a big wing Back because we need that.

But we have bought Morata 65 millions this summer. He was good then dissapointing but he deserves more time.

If he failed, there we go for a big target.

But Giroud will always be a good buy as second striker, not expensive, Conte's profile, can play UCL, have very nice stat and can perform immediately.

26 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

No ones happy to accept decent mate. But u need to accept we aint the big spenders no more and probs wont be again anytime soon.

That's fine.

But people can't then complain and moan when Hazard decides to leave Chelsea in the summer. Because it will be decisions like these that will force his hand.

4 minutes ago, Dingus said:

That's fine.

But people can't then complain and moan when Hazard decides to leave Chelsea in the summer. Because it will be decisions like these that will force his hand.

I think most ppl have accepted this is hazards last season here.