Olivier Giroud

milka

Think he's a decent signing, especially for 15m. Can come in instantly and do a job, wont take time to settle/get used to a new league etc. He can play CL too. He should have been starting every week for the goons ahead of Lacazette.

After the names we've been linked with, we could do a lot worse.,,but we could also do a lot better 

So, are you ok with Giroud signing? At Alvaro's time at Juventus, sometimes Llorente and Mandžukić were enough to displace him, both inferior players to Giroud IMO. I agree that Džeko might be a bit too much, because Alvaro doesn't seem confident, but Giroud should be just fine. I think good back-up striker could ease the burden on Alvaro's back, and when he'll play he'd know that goals aren't only for him to score, that there are others to carry the burden if he fucks up. Unlike situation from last half a season, when his competition and burden-sharer was only Michy.
And you say you followed Morata since forever. Can you tell us why didn't he play more at Juventus?
I think he'd do a better job than Bats.
He will start matches if Conte likes him because Morata will not start them all, for the same reasons he didn't in Juve. Personal problems and lack of confidence.
If Conte had a more competent striker Morata would have probably been eventually displaced by them, as he was in Juve.
But he was displaced only temporary and as part of the process to help him recover his confidence.
He had a very bad streak there, worse than for us, it took a few months, everyone's support for him to leave it behind him. Buffon talked to him a few times, took him under his wing, he had a lot of support from everyone, including fans and eventually he came out of it.
This news that a close friend of his was killed by a car accident left me even more worried about him if that's true.
This is who he is, but he's older now, I think he'll handle it better, or at least I hope so.

7 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I think he'd do a better job than Bats.
He will start matches if Conte likes him because Morata will not start them all, for the same reasons he didn't in Juve. Personal problems and lack of confidence.
If Conte had a more competent striker Morata would have probably been eventually displaced by them, as he was in Juve.
But he was displaced only temporary and as part of the process to help him recover his confidence.
He had a very bad streak there, worse than for us, it took a few months, everyone's support for him to leave it behind him. Buffon talked to him a few times, took him under his wing, he had a lot of support from everyone, including fans and eventually he came out of it.
This news that a close friend of his was killed by a car accident left me even more worried about him if that's true.
This is who he is, but he's older now, I think he'll handle it better, or at least I hope so.

Well, I guess than he is lucky that he is in this Chelsea. 10 years ago Crespo would have come in and it would be game over.

But yes, with good back-up in Giroud, who can save our ass when time is dark, we should now support Morata as much as we can. I don't think Morata will ever be world-class, but he could be very good.