Olivier Giroud

milka

It’s a good signing and perhaps better than Dzeko in that he is eligible for all competitions and a lot cheaper.

I really think the aerial ability of Giroud and Morata could hurt Barcelona. Just saying... there is lots to like about this deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

It’s a good signing and perhaps better than Dzeko in that he is eligible for all competitions and a lot cheaper.

I really think the aerial ability of Giroud and Morata could hurt Barcelona. Just saying... there is lots to like about this deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plus he's not cup tied like dzeko

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm against this move entirely on the basis that it lets Arsenal get Aubameyang.  

Same Arsenal that could be 11 points behind if we win tomorrow? Nothing to worry about. Mkhi and Auba don’t really come close to replacing Sanchez.  

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Same Arsenal that could be 11 points behind if we win tomorrow? Nothing to worry about. Mkhi and Auba don’t really come close to replacing Sanchez.  

Doesn't mean I want them to get stronger.  Sanchez was a goner anyway.  If they lose Wilshire and/or Ozil in the summer for free, I'll go back to happy again.  

I don't believe in transfer talk "done deals" until they are holding the shirt in a photo.  I won't be comfortable with top 4 until we don't mathematically need the points.

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Having said that.  Arsenal would have been better off trying to get Laporte before Man City came in. 

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Having said that.  Arsenal would have been better off trying to get Laporte before Man City came in. 

PEA is genuinely not that great a buy, not even sure he’s better than Lacazette tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Arsenal already did their job by beating us in the semi-final last week. They could end up with a trophy, and we may not.

This season in the PL is already been done with them catching us up, but next season I expect Arsenal to put a tougher challenge. Especially if we ourselves don't strengthen and instead getting second-string/bang average players yet again for the 4th window running.

And even if Arsenal can't catch us this season, Spuds still can. And we want to avoid CL qualification rounds next season. We got a lot of work to do.

I’m not denying any of that but do you genuinely think City will lose against Arsenal in the final? Of course it could happen but doubt it. 

Arsenal won’t be able to compete for top players if they finish out of the CL spots again imo, which looks like it’ll definitely happen. 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Arsenal already did their job by beating us in the semi-final last week. They could end up with a trophy, and we may not.

And we could end up with 2 trophies, and they may not. Don't understand this argument.

Just now, Mana said:

They are in the final. One more game for them. We are not in our competitions yet. Not comparable.

Yeah, being beaten to a trophy by fucking Arsenal stings no matter what cup it is. Adding that they beat us in the final last season and in community shield. Fuck em.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

This season in the PL is already been done with them catching us up, but next season I expect Arsenal to put a tougher challenge.

I used to believe that at some point, Arsenal will become a force again under Wenger because they surely can't be stuck in mediocrity for so long? Turns that I was wrong because they are still stuck in mediocrity. Unless they sack Wenger and bring in a new manager, I'm sure next season will be the same story for Arsenal again - will look good in matches here and there but ultimately suffer failure over the course of the season.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

And even if Arsenal can't catch us this season, Spuds still can. And we want to avoid CL qualification rounds next season.

That won't be a concern. Each of the first 4 nations in the UEFA Country Coefficient get 4 automatic spots into the group stage and England currently sit 2nd in that ranking. So, even if we finish 4th, we'll still go straight into the group stage.

12 hours ago, Barbara said:

Now, why, Why, WHY, WHHHHHYYYYYYYY are people saying Morata needs Dzeko's competition.

I follow Morata since his debut under Mourinho a thousand years ago, he usually has ups and downs and the shooter for his downs has always, 100%, ever been down to one of two things: heartbreak and confidence.

The personal problems often led to confidence issues.

Now unless you're giving up already on a £70m player who's still quite young and has four more years with us, who's struggling to find form, is lacking confidence and also struggling to adapt to a completely different league and weather, it makes no sense to bring someone that will give him a run for his money. With competition he will drown deeper.

He needs to be babysat right now and as much as I hate this and roll my eyes, this IS quite common with Millennials in their new jobs.

Football players tend to be different, but Morata is the poster child for this generation regular guy getting in the market

We will have to be patient, but I think with time, he'll do good for us. Until them he needs support to build his confidence on, be a bit pampered and that stuff. He will get over the confidence issue eventually but it will pop up a few more times. But he will adapt to English football and as he grows older and become more mature he will also be less prone to this kind of problem (confidence and personal problems affecting his job).

We will have to be patient with this one, but I think it'll pay off, but the last thing he needs right now is someone who could pose a threat to him

So, are you ok with Giroud signing? At Alvaro's time at Juventus, sometimes Llorente and Mandžukić were enough to displace him, both inferior players to Giroud IMO. I agree that Džeko might be a bit too much, because Alvaro doesn't seem confident, but Giroud should be just fine. I think good back-up striker could ease the burden on Alvaro's back, and when he'll play he'd know that goals aren't only for him to score, that there are others to carry the burden if he fucks up. Unlike situation from last half a season, when his competition and burden-sharer was only Michy.

And you say you followed Morata since forever. Can you tell us why didn't he play more at Juventus?