Olivier Giroud

milka

If we panic and settle for Llorente for £25m or whatever I'm gonna be completely depressed. Not only would that be a ridiculous price for a near 33 year old, but he has been a total bust at Spuds. Would be money flushed down the toilet.

If we now can't get Dzeko or Giroud, just fucking keep Bats. 

20 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Why the f*** are we not after Aubameyang instead of the Dzekos, Girouds, Crouchs and all the other 30+s ... The Board are becoming an unique specimen!!!

I'm tired of explaining this, but I'll mention the main points to you again. 1) We are clearly after a target man, Auba isn't one. 2) He costs around 60 million + big wages, or such are the numbers thrown around in the media. We won't spend so much money on another striker having already spent a record amount on Morata. 3) Auba expects to be a starter, a main man and rightfully so. But so does Morata, this is the reason he left Real, and he will be our main striker for years to come considering the price we paid for him. 4) We don't play 2 strikers, no room for both and you don't buy players for 60m+ to be backups.

Long story short: He doesn't fit the profile and is too expensive for us.

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We are going to pay 25M for Llorente you watch.:lol:

I posted last night i could see Llorente to us and Batshuayi to Sevilla.

But someone said to me Spurs wont sell to us, no chance.

Seems talks with Arsenal over Giroud are ongoing so maybe he is the one we want.  Llorente kinda also seems an easy rumour to start

29 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm tired of explaining this, but I'll mention the main points to you again. 1) We are clearly after a target man, Auba isn't one. 2) He costs around 60 million + big wages, or such are the numbers thrown around in the media. We won't spend so much money on another striker having already spent a record amount on Morata. 3) Auba expects to be a starter, a main man and rightfully so. But so does Morata, this is the reason he left Real, and he will be our main striker for years to come considering the price we paid for him. 4) We don't play 2 strikers, no room for both and you don't buy players for 60m+ to be backups.

Long story short: He doesn't fit the profile and is too expensive for us.

Thanks a ton for reiterate the reasons ... grateful for that.

I have a different view to the points u mentioned. 

1. So we are clearly after a target man ... based on the ongoing rumors of players we're linked with I assume ... My take is currently we need someone who can score goals whether it's a target man or otherwise. And having someone like Auba only helps us who clearly has more goals than both of our strikers (i'm assuming) 

2. The market is already inflated ... so does that means we never buy someone who costs a bomb?

3. As far as starting places goes, just because we got Morata whom we paid over the top money means we will never go after someone who can offer us something different/more when clearly Morata is having adaptability issues. Basically we should keep continuing with the hope that maybe in the next few years Morata would come out good. I believe in competition for places and we really dont have it in the striker dept. 

4. There is always a first time to do things, mate ... who knows playing 2 strikers would be that things had Auba come in. 

I m aware of the reasons that u provided ... mine was more of an outburst to the current situation where the board are doing a shitty job. 

I can see the scenes now in the board room...It will be like the fucking X-Factor when they are choosing their final 8 people.....Cards of faces laid all around and index fingers across their chins wondering who fits the bill:D

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Thanks a ton for reiterate the reasons ... grateful for that.

I have a different view to the points u mentioned. 

1. So we are clearly after a target man ... based on the ongoing rumors of players we're linked with I assume ... My take is currently we need someone who can score goals whether it's a target man or otherwise. And having someone like Auba only helps us who clearly has more goals than both of our strikers (i'm assuming) 

2. The market is already inflated ... so does that means we never buy someone who costs a bomb?

3. As far as starting places goes, just because we got Morata whom we paid over the top money means we will never go after someone who can offer us something different/more when clearly Morata is having adaptability issues. Basically we should keep continuing with the hope that maybe in the next few years Morata would come out good. I believe in competition for places and we really dont have it in the striker dept. 

4. There is always a first time to do things, mate ... who knows playing 2 strikers would be that things had Auba come in. 

I m aware of the reasons that u provided ... mine was more of an outburst to the current situation where the board are doing a shitty job. 

You presented your own opinions, I don't necessarily disagree with them. I mentioned points that the club most likely consider when assessing a potential deal like that, thus answering your "why" question from the club's perspective as objectively as I could.

One thing that's annoying me is how twice the supposedly very reliable Di Marzio has said "done deal" on our striker deals over the past week or two and both times he's been completely wrong. He obviously wouldn't publish those things unless he felt very confident that they were true so what the hell is going on behind the scenes? Must be absolute chaos.

Like I said before, if it's not Dzeko or Giroud, there's no other option available that's a better option than just keeping Bats. Anyone else would be a complete waste of money and is no better than Batshuayi.