Olivier Giroud

milka

On 1/26/2018 at 5:34 AM, the wes said:

If they sign Aubameyang I think they will sell him 

I think Arsenal may want to go the other way around.  Sell Giroud so they can get PEA.

I think that's why they were trying to get him to go to BvB

If that's true, then I don't want to sign him.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Giroud could join Chelsea if the club meet the 31-year-old's £35m valuation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5323029/Arsenal-close-signing-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang.html

£35m is Arsenal having a laugh 

No, they just realise it's us who are after him. Good old Chelsea who refuse to pay out 80 million on a superstar to elevate the squad into the elite but would rather pay for 3 or 4 overpriced journeymen instead.

As I said before, I'd take Giroud but I think Dzeko is more likely to really push Morata because his all around game is more refined.

Doesn't really seem as though Dzeko is happening now so I suppose this is the best alternative.

Arsenal are open to both a loan or a permanent transfer for Olivier Giroud and there is interest from Chelsea and Dortmund (Telegraph)

Bild report that Michy Batshuayi will join BVB on loan until the end of the season as Aubameyang completes a move to Arsenal. Giroud to BVB falls through, Bild say, due to Giroud wanting a move to Chelsea #BVB #AFC

Batshuayi to Dortmund

Giroud to Chelsea

or Giroud to Dortmund

Dzeko to Chelsea 

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Vast majority of Arsenal fans I'm seeing are totally against this. ^_^ 

They think it's far too dangerous to sell him to us.

Little do they know is that even if he does come (which he wont imo) he'll hardly play and therefore be of no threat to them.

That's how we roll these days you see.

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Is Giroud better than Dzeko? Unless this is a loan I don't see the point in a transfer as he is also over 30. 

I don't think he is. Dzeko is the better all around player. 

I wouldnt say he is, Giroud's plus point is he would be CL available

It would only be a loan as well.

Same as salah and id take him back.

His conversion rate is nowhere near as bad as that & don't forget, he's a winger.

I think Džeko is twice-as-good shooter of the ball than Giroud is. Olivier on the other side is the best in the league when it comes to headers. And is strong on the ball as hell.

All in all, in comparison with Morata, Giroud provides a lot more strength, and somewhat better finishing ability with feet. He is not much better finisher (with feet) than Alvaro. If he was, with added brutal areal presence and heading skill, he would play every game at Arsenal. And he is not. Also, he is slow as f., probably slower than Džeko.

Džeko's finishing with feet and shooting in general is light years ahead of others two.

If you watch the compilation of Giroud's 100 goals for Arsenal you can see that he's an fantastic poacher. Excellent instinctual finisher in the box with his head and his feet. Where I've seen him struggle is when he's got a lot of time to think or when he tries to do too much.