Olivier Giroud

milka

The thing with these two signings in Palmieri and Giroud (if he signs) there is no longer an easy ride for either of the starters ahead of them. Morata still has absolute stacks to prove at this club, I'm really disappointed how the last month or so how poor he has actually been. Giroud will be a big headache for him, he's an immense hold up striker that links play unbelievably well and is every bit as good as Morata in the air, if not better. I'm behind this Giroud signing now because his profile and ability will push Morata, and he hasn't been pushed due to Conte having no faith in Batshuayi.

Former Arsenal striker Alan Smith can understand why Arsenal fans will be disappointed if Olivier Giroud is allowed to join Chelsea.

“He has been a player with an immaculate attitude, particularly in the last six months of this season when he has just been sitting on the bench.

“And when he has been called on, he has scored a lot of goals. It is not easy to have a player like that in your squad.

“But you can understand why Arsenal fans maybe upset to see him go.”

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The thing with these two signings in Palmieri and Giroud (if he signs) there is no longer an easy ride for either of the starters ahead of them. Morata still has absolute stacks to prove at this club, I'm really disappointed how the last month or so how poor he has actually been. Giroud will be a big headache for him, he's an immense hold up striker that links play unbelievably well and is every bit as good as Morata in the air, if not better. I'm behind this Giroud signing now because his profile and ability will push Morata, and he hasn't been pushed due to Conte having no faith in Batshuayi.

This is how I look at January signings. They give the players in the first team something to think about and give them a kick in the arse to play better. Which in its self improves the team even if the actual new signings dont. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Perfect super sub. He has been like that for Arsenal and that is what we have been missing. 

I can see the thought process here but I am actually thinking with Morata's current situation, and he has 3 situations going on. 1. He can't finish, 2, his back injury and 3, His sheer lack of confidence that Giroud could actually bench him. I'm ot saying he will but if Morata doesn't improve there is no reason what so ever to say he continues to start.

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I can see the thought process here but I am actually thinking with Morata's current situation, and he has 3 situations going on. 1. He can't finish, 2, his back injury and 3, His sheer lack of confidence that Giroud could actually bench him. I'm ot saying he will but if Morata doesn't improve there is no reason what so ever to say he continues to start.

Agreed. In fact, once Giroud has a few training sessions under his belt I think Morata may actually be eased back into the side rather than immedietly starting once he's fit again. Can see Giroud being our first choice for at least a couple weeks.

Tbf, thinking about it, this makes more sense than Džeko taking consideration their demands also. It felt as though Džeko was after his last big contract and nothing else, there were no reports of him actually wanting to come here, on the contrary it was said he'd prefer to stay but the club was the one pushing the deal for money reasons. Giroud on the other hand I think is happy just to stay in London and have a similar role to what he had at arsenal. As a target man I think he is better too, hated going against him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tbf, thinking about it, this makes more sense than Džeko taking consideration their demands also. It felt as though Džeko was after his last big contract and nothing else, there were no reports of him actually wanting to come here, on the contrary it was said he'd prefer to stay but the club was the one pushing the deal for money reasons. Giroud on the other hand I think is happy just to stay in London and have a similar role to what he had at arsenal. As a target man I think he is better too, hated going against him.

He seemed to always have a goal saved for us for a while.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Dzeko's wife had the final say in this whole transfer, she did not want to leave Rome.

9 minutes ago, Barbara said:
16 minutes ago, manpe said:

He seemed to always have a goal saved for us for a while.

He played 14 times against us and scored once, that was in the stoppage time of the game when we were 3-0 up. He was arguably one of the easiest forwards our defence had ever had to deal with. Feck me weve had more problems with Jonathan Walters. :D

Slightly better than Batsuhayi but still a donkey. We are spending 20 mil on a player only to give him a 1-year contract. And it gets even more depressing when you realize that Arsenal bought Aubameyang basically from the money that they got by selling two donkeys Giroud and Walcott.

I can appreciate people saying that it's a bargain, but lets be honest - it's a crap signing at the end of the day. He's only coming because he's surplus to requirements at Arsenal.

If they didn't sign Auba, do you really think he'd have left Arsenal? No way.

So we're now in the game of buying old cast-offs.