Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Emerson Palmieri

Jase
Followers 4

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Assuming Sarri just doesn't fancy him (which has been clear) I'd sell and then throw whatever it takes at Leicester for Chilwell before City make their move for him.

I'm surprised he didn't get more of a chance here. 

Getting Chilwell should help with lb and with homegrown so double bonus.  Just got go after it like Pulisic, get in quick and get it done before anyone else gets involved.

• Like 2
  • Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughing at all those suggesting last season that Alonso was on the same level or better! This guy is a solid left back

Really good, solid performance in his first league start tonight. Solid defensively and dangerous in attack. Liked the way he delivers the crosses into the box. Conte needs to be questioned on why he

I think he will explode into one of best fullbacks in the league, just like he had the potential back then in serie a. 

Posted Images

On 27/12/2018 at 4:04 PM, Jason said:

This 'Manager X sees Player Y in training. So he knows better' argument is really getting tiresome and silly...

La Tortuga has the WORST cross completion rate of ANY player in all the top 5 Euro leagues!!!

It is insane for us not to buy a decent LB (Emerson is obviously shite if he cant bench Turgidlonso)

Chilwell (HG)

Firpo

Telles

flip a goddamn coin

dribbble-render-02.gif

I am starting to question Sarri's eyesight

time for new goggles

• Like 1

If we dont plan to use him then sell him. Buy Chilwell.

But dont be surprised if he soon blows out in juve or wherever he goes. He is nowhere near as bad as our management pictures him tob be.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

But dont be surprised if he soon blows out in juve or wherever he goes. He is nowhere near as bad as our management pictures him tob be.

Its on Sarri that pictures him bad...his judgement of talent is unimpressive and what gives you the impression he will play another left back ahead of Alonso?

5 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Its on Sarri that pictures him bad...his judgement of talent is unimpressive and what gives you the impression he will play another left back ahead of Alonso?

If he chooses the LB and isnt stuck with one he clearly doesnt rate I am sure he will be open to changing no? I cant see where this hype for Emerson comes from apart from the fact everyone doesn't fancy Alonso. He had one good season about 3 or 4 years ago. Hasnt been the same since. Even here fair enough he is faster than Alonso and better at 1v1s but are you going to tell me that he is relly better? Hes a defensive liability.

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He will probably get even less game time at Juve than he does here.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Exclusive: Juve have their eyes on Emerson Palmieri as Chelsea ask for Rogerio

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-juve-have-their-eyes-on-emerson-palmieri-as-chelsea-as-10084

Who the fuck is Rogerio? Would he be good enough to bench Alonso and improve our starting XI?

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, manpe said:

Who the fuck is Rogerio? Would he be good enough to bench Alonso and improve our starting XI?

LOL I know bud. Its like they smell blood in the water and are coming snapping players up on the cheap!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, manpe said:

From what I have seen I woukd say no. He is a part time starter at Sassuolo, hardly a powerhouse club, but he is only 21 (turned 21 3 days ago). I hope he isn't an Emerson clone. 

I have no idea why we just don't buy a true quality LB like Chilwell, Firpo, or Alex Telles. All 3 of those (or the ultimate buy, Lucas Hernandez) would (well should,  as you never know with Sarri) instantly bench Alonso.

I guess we shall see with Rogerio. Maybe I an underestimating him, but he was barely ever in my evaluations (quite extensive) for LB targets. 

If he is so good, why are Juve letting him go? Especially as they must rate EMERSON as better. Not looking so good to me.

• Like 1

Good performance from him tonight. He is quite raw and occasionally sloppy at times but you can’t tell me he doesn’t have potential, that he’s any worse than Alonso (as other people have said on this forum on the Alonso thread) or that he doesn’t provide a clear difference to him. 

He should be given a run of games. There’s every chance he improved further with game tome. In fact give a run till end of the season. There’s a very slight possibility we may not need a new LB with Emerson and I’m keen to see how he does.

• Like 3
  • James changed the title to Emerson Palmieri