Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Plenty of big clubs do similar deals, loan with an option to buy (isn't that what Bayern had with Coman?), but it just doesn't seem to happen in England. I guess other teams look at the money in the league and want a straight deal. 

The idea would be for the club to get him in properly ourselves on loan and try him out - has he recovered from his ACL, or has he lost a yard of pace? Does he adapt to the league?

If he does then we have an agreement in place that we can benefit from buying a good player for a reasonable fee. If he doesn't then we haven't really lost anything. Like Pato or Falcao, can you imagine if we actually brought them and were still stuck with them? I'd rather a loan in place with an option to buy when there are huge question marks as opposed to outlaying on him.

You are right. Even forgot that James is on loan at Bayern. :lol:

But given our whole transfer business mess in the last couple of years, this just doesn't sit well, IMO. We don't want to pay the big bucks and so, we're just randomly searching around for cheap options/loans. Let's not forget we, originally, wanted Andy Carroll on loan last week. ANDY F***KING CARROLL...ON LOAN! :rant:

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

But given our whole transfer business mess in the last couple of years, this just doesn't sit well, IMO. We don't want to pay the big bucks and so, we're just randomly searching around for cheap options/loans. Let's not forget we, originally, wanted Andy Carroll on loan last week. ANDY F***KING CARROLL...ON LOAN! :rant:

I know mate, I completely understand your view on it.

I agree about Andy Carroll, and cannot understand why we are after him. But for example if the club has decided that we could use him as an option whilst we're short in attack this season, I would much rather we negotiated a loan deal for the rest of the season than buy him outright and then he can go back to West Ham and we can buy someone better in the summer who will more likely be available or cheaper to buy then. And IF he was a success then we have the option then of buying him.

I agree though the whole transfer business over the last three summers has been abysmal, apart from Kante. Even players that have done well like Pedro and Alonso were brought late in the window and either seemed to be panic buys or far from first choice selections.

Andy Carroll aside there just isn't a lot of value in the market these days. As much as I want to see Chelsea break the bank and bring in an impact player, the truth of the matter is the market has gone completely mad and we are refusing to play in it. Coutinho just went to Barca for like 150m??? That is INSANE. Chelsea have been held ransom for far too long and so many people out there are well overrated. 180m for Sanchez? Maybe 3yrs ago but now?

We just have to be patient, Emerson pre injury was precisely what we are looking for at LWB. If he is fully recovered this could be a real coup, if he isn't 25m isn't really gonna hurt us all that much and his wage demands won't be astronomical either.

I want Sandro but not for the reported fees being bandied about.

55 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Andy Carroll aside there just isn't a lot of value in the market these days. As much as I want to see Chelsea break the bank and bring in an impact player, the truth of the matter is the market has gone completely mad and we are refusing to play in it. Coutinho just went to Barca for like 150m??? That is INSANE. Chelsea have been held ransom for far too long and so many people out there are well overrated. 180m for Sanchez? Maybe 3yrs ago but now?

We just have to be patient, Emerson pre injury was precisely what we are looking for at LWB. If he is fully recovered this could be a real coup, if he isn't 25m isn't really gonna hurt us all that much and his wage demands won't be astronomical either.

I want Sandro but not for the reported fees being bandied about.

Better to buy sandro for €60m than repeatedly buying 20m crap

Emerson Palmieri's agent on Chelsea interest: “There’s still nothing certain, we are in a stage of discussion and evaluations,” #CFC

Palmieri's agent asked if the Chelsea move is a real possibility: "Of course yes, absolutely, the two clubs are now talking, we’ll see if it will be successful." (via Sport witness) #CFC

Palmieri's agent asked if he has the wish to play under Antonio Conte: “Obviously yes, it would be a dream. Conte is a top manager, one of the best and most successful in the world.” #CFC

6 hours ago, Leif said:

It is if you slip into the right crack. But those cracks are small. Tiny.

Ive heard theres nothing like a tiny crack. (Oh c'mon someone was going to) 6f14d9ceb0d590ea2dda9dfa41a94cd0.gif

APPARENTLY Salah has suggested to the dippers to buy him.

I'd still go for Telles over anyone.

1 minute ago, Ledgi said:

Haven't seen a Dzeko thread but the deal includes Palmieri, so here:

50 million + Batshuayi on loan for Dzeko and Pamieri. Roma wants 65.

please pay the fee and lets be done with this fucking depressing names...

No thanks, does not even look good enough on YouTube video... Fucking splash 60m on a proven left wing back (Sandro yuhu) and be done with it. 20M on Baba, 25M on Alonso, 20M on Zappacosta, 25M on another decent but not good enough wing back? *sigh*

Sandro is not worth 3times as much when numbers suggest he is statistically on par. We are not gonna sign a left back for more than 30m so we should arrange ourselves with that. I would also rather have a fit, inform Alex Telles but if it where this guy and Dzeko i cohld arrangr myself with it. A young player can recover fully from an acl. Rüdiger looks a way more serene, positionally aware and even faster player than before his acl so maybe roma have some real specalists in place.

8 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Haven't seen a Dzeko thread but the deal includes Palmieri, so here:

50 million + Batshuayi on loan for Dzeko and Pamieri. Roma wants 65.

Fucking hell that would be a great deal. Not sure if 65m is fair but if this is what they want and if the players are what we need (they are!) then pay up and be done with it!