Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Que??

Guys don;t get carried away after 1 game!!

Go back a bit for some reminders of previous comments! not so very long ago!

Our best player likes him, everyone likes him The guy needs to be given a chance.

2 hours ago, ja1 said:

Mendy is tall at 6”1 but has been injured the majority of the season. His replacements this season have been Delph and Zinchenko. Walker is 5”10 and KDB is 5”11 - the latter is same height as Jorginho. If Liverpool’s full backs aren’t short than neither are our full backs given TAA and Robertson are the same height as Emerson and Azpi, respectively.  If their midfield which has for the most part consisted of three of Milner (5”9), Wijnaldum (5”8), Henderson (5”11) or Keita (5”8) isn’t short than again, neither is ours. Fabinho does play more recently, but he adds a third ‘tall person’ just as Giroud/Morata/Higuain do for us.

As I said..both teams have played majority of this season with just 2 or 3 outfield players that are tall/threats from set pieces. So swapping Alonso for Emerson is possible (it would leave us with three ‘tall’ players). I would agree with the sentiment if Alonso was literally are only tall outfield player or one of two tall outfield players. It is a valid point but clearly City and Liverpool can make it work, and Emerson has his own multiple advantages over Alonso.

Agree. The height stuff is bullshit. With Higuain and one of RLC/Barkley playing we have 4 outfieldplayers over 6ft. City and pool never play with more than 3 and are overall less a threat from set pieces than us

10 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Well.  We'll see how true this is once Higuain is starting.  I have my doubts because it's not as if Emerson was playing in all the league matches that Giroud started in, if I'm not mistaken.  If Emerson becomes the starter and Alonso is his back-up, I'm okay with us at LB (assuming what we saw was Emerson's level and not a big outlier).  

Nah, i wouldn't feel comfortable being Emerson injury away from being stuck with snail again. I want Alonso sold period.

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Nah, i wouldn't feel comfortable being Emerson injury away from being stuck with snail again. I want Alonso sold period.

Most of us do, but I cannot see the board or Sarri remotely coming close to selling him. No doubt he will be back in the starting lineup for most games. They love him, they think he is world class, and they just renewed him, so to sell him would be admitting they made a huge mistake.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

C'mon...it'll do for now, right?  Back-up LB has got to be lower priority than an attacking mid-fielder, and we don't know about Hazard.

I get your feelings though.

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

C'mon...it'll do for now, right?  Back-up LB has got to be lower priority than an attacking mid-fielder, and we don't know about Hazard.

I get your feelings though.

I know i am being greedy, like Vesper said it wouldn't be surprising to see Alonso back in the starting lineup soon. I just want him out of the club, he belongs in the same category as Moses and Drinkwater imo. 

40 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I know i am being greedy, like Vesper said it wouldn't be surprising to see Alonso back in the starting lineup soon. I just want him out of the club, he belongs in the same category as Moses and Drinkwater imo. 

It all comes down to an incredibly inept board, in terms of football intelligence (except at garnering huge revenues from sponsorship deals which any competent business organisation, not just football ones, can negotiate).

The ONLY one on that list of 15 who has been definitively sold is Cesc, and he was sold for less than a third of what was offered last summer.

We will take MASSIVE losses on all.

Cumulatively I would guesstimate we will take in around £300-310m or so LESS than those offers when we finally do sell. So half of what we could have had.

£300m plus around £50m or so additional cash would get you BOTH Mbappe and Icardi, and would have (if we had liquidated) still left us £320m pure net cash to spend on further upgrades.

Even at reduced rates of sale, we still could have ended up this summer with this team (or very close). Some are now already purchased by other teams now, unfortunately, and for LESS than I gave as the buy price, lol, so the numbers work in my favour even more.