Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

33. Emerson Palmieri

Jas
Followers 4

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

...The stat regarding tackles and not being dribbled past is interesting because I think overall he's been very good defensively so far this season despite the team's shortcomings as a whole...

I would not have said very, but I do agree that he's done well defensively.

• Like 1
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't like him.  Created too much. Was always in position. Tracked back too well. Crosses were too threatening. Haven't seen him take one, but I know his free kicks can't be that good.  Bac

I think he will explode into one of best fullbacks in the league, just like he had the potential back then in serie a. 

Really good, solid performance in his first league start tonight. Solid defensively and dangerous in attack. Liked the way he delivers the crosses into the box. Conte needs to be questioned on why he

Posted Images

Starting to show now what he showed in little cameo roles last season, but golden boy Alonso kept being selected for no reason at all.
If this is the end of Alonso I will be fucking delighted. 
It has to be in terms of being a starter. Let's hope Alonso does a Luiz next summer.
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Game just ended

1 3 Italy

Emerson was the best player on the pitch :wub:

monster game

It just shows ye playing under different manager can do for ye  under sarri and Conte he didn't get a proper look in 

• Like 2

I like Emerson, I don't think he's the finished product yet and I believe he still has a lot of potential to improve. He's been steadily improving since recovering from that serious injury and with him now having finally nailed the starting spot, it's the first time since recovery that he's consistently getting consecutive games, so I expect him to continue improving as he plays more. Who knows, by the end of the season we might be talking about signing a backup left back instead of a replacement.

• Like 2

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/09/06/emerson-palmieri-reflects-on-an-important-win-for-italy-and--the?cardIndex=0-3

‘I think it’s the best period of my career,’ he added. ‘I’m very happy at Chelsea, just as I was last season, but obviously a player is always happier when he plays regularly.’

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Thank you Juve for screwing us over Sandro. 

What's more stupid is that when Sarri leaves there was report that he wanted to buy him, yet when he was here he hardly play him. 

Bunch of clowns! 

• Like 2
What's more stupid is that when Sarri leaves there was report that he wanted to buy him, yet when he was here he hardly play him. 
Bunch of clowns! 
Juve were after him before Sarri joined. They are a club that pick targets themselves & the manager just has to make do.

https://www.football-italia.net/139153/first-juve-emerson-bid-rejected
  • Like 2

Hmm wasn’t sarri the one and only manager who gave him the spot in the starting xi? However you feel about Alonso he was an important player under conte and winning the pl at that!

it is just natural, as things happen in clubs, that Alonso had the benefit of the doubt, even in a back 4.

I give little value to good performances against weak opposition. We can easily find willian in a great showing against a nobody in sa. We should aim higher.

I guess for me to see what you guys see in Emerson, he needs to improve his final ball a bit. I’m not saying he’s got to score in every game, but he needs to become a threat when left alone and I don’t yet see that. For me right now he’s only a decent/good player nothing more.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well deserved, hes starting to change my mind. Didnt think he was really gonna be good enough but hes really kicked on the last 6 or 7 months.

Its defensively he's suprised me.

Going forward I still think his decision making is sketchy but going the other way he's gone from a liability to solid almost overnight.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well deserved, hes starting to change my mind. Didnt think he was really gonna be good enough but hes really kicked on the last 6 or 7 months.

it was that particular type of knee injury, they take a LONG time to fully heal and for the player to fully come back to form (if they ever do, see Zouma for example of a player NOT yet back, and probably never will be FULLY)

this Emerson is the Emerson I loved in Roma

• Like 1