Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

39 minutes ago, Thor said:

He has been very promising in the time he has had on the pitch. Provides a good option going forward, is great on the ball, and can whip in a nice cross. I didn't think he was as quick as he showed against the Spurs. Breezed past a few players. Him and Odoi actually looked decent on that wing together, even though Odoi is a bit fresh and made a few mistakes. 

Hope he starts the rest of the games this season. 

Yeah I would like to see him play a lot more before the summer. I think he’s got pace and likes 1v1s in the attacking third, that could make him a real outlet for the side. Alonso has got a lack of genuine pace.. he offers more height as well as a goal threat but I think Conte has got to take a gamble and try this guy out from the beginning of a match. For me he’s very much an unknown but in limited minutes you can see his speed and that he likes 1v1 situations. Moses has a poor final ball but he has got pace which makes him a more useful player in that wingback position and I feel Emerson could be the same. 

39 minutes ago, Thor said:

He has been very promising in the time he has had on the pitch. Provides a good option going forward, is great on the ball, and can whip in a nice cross. I didn't think he was as quick as he showed against the Spurs. Breezed past a few players. Him and Odoi actually looked decent on that wing together, even though Odoi is a bit fresh and made a few mistakes. 

Hope he starts the rest of the games this season. 

Yeah I would like to see him play a lot more before the summer. I think he’s got pace and likes 1v1s in the attacking third, that could make him a real outlet for the side. Alonso has got a lack of genuine pace.. he offers more height as well as a goal threat but I think Conte has got to take a gamble and try this guy out from the beginning of a match. For me he’s very much an unknown but in limited minutes you can see his speed and that he likes 1v1 situations. Moses has a poor final ball but he has got pace which makes him a more useful player in that wingback position and I feel Emerson could be the same. 

3 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol... Conte will not try him from the start just to fuck the board cos he is not Sandro... When he is absolutely thousand miles better than snailonso

I don't think it has to do with him flipping the bird to the board. Emerson has only played a handful of minutes when we require more attacking impetus, meaning he is considered a more attacking option than Alonso despite the latter having a decent scoring record. Behind the scenes I don't think Conte rates him defensively, and he is a defence first type of coach. Truth be told we don't know how he is defensively since he only plays when we need to pin teams back and he doesn't need to do much back there. He could be an absolute trainwreck, we don't know. But for fucks sake.. we have 3 CBs and Kante, he doesn't need to be Maldini, it's not like Alonso is either. First and foremost he needs to offer more going forward, because that is our real weakness atm. And seeing him play I have no doubt he has the ability to drive to the byline and create dangerous situations in the box.

26 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't think it has to do with him flipping the bird to the board. Emerson has only played a handful of minutes when we require more attacking impetus, meaning he is considered a more attacking option than Alonso despite the latter having a decent scoring record. Behind the scenes I don't think Conte rates him defensively, and he is a defence first type of coach. Truth be told we don't know how he is defensively since he only plays when we need to pin teams back and he doesn't need to do much back there. He could be an absolute trainwreck, we don't know. But for fucks sake.. we have 3 CBs and Kante, he doesn't need to be Maldini, it's not like Alonso is either. First and foremost he needs to offer more going forward, because that is our real weakness atm. And seeing him play I have no doubt he has the ability to drive to the byline and create dangerous situations in the box.

so you know... against spurs and several other games he has acres of space in wide areas to wreck havoc but when he is slower than snail...back to Emerson even coming back from a long term injury he has the basic qualities of a wing back great pace good dribbling ability in 1v1 situations and great crossing ability...have seen enough of Alonso to know he is not but a disaster... Can you imagine spurs third goal due his pathetic pace...who cares if we play 3 or 4 man defence... Snailonso is trash.. 

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

so you know... against spurs and several other games he has acres of space in wide areas to wreck havoc but when he is slower than snail...back to Emerson even coming back from a long term injury he has the basic qualities of a wing back great pace good dribbling ability in 1v1 situations and great crossing ability...have seen enough of Alonso to know he is not but a disaster... Can you imagine spurs third goal due his pathetic pace...who cares if we play 3 or 4 man defence... Snailonso is trash.. 

Did I indicate the opposite in my post? It looks like you're trying to argue a point I didn't make.

Well Emerson was brought because he is a long term possibility, not instant impact. 

Obviously he wont excel in first match. He needs a run like Alonso did last summer. 

But Conte wont take the risk. Alonso is established and Emerson might have couple crappy games at first, but after two months, he could be twice the player Alonso is. 

However Conte has no courage to actualy test him. 

On other hand, If Emerson is so bad, why did we purchase him in first place? 

He was injured, but he was arguably best LB in serie a last season along Sandro. IMO his talent is there, but again our coaching staff has absolutely no idea how to handle him, like with Salah case and many others. 

• 2 weeks later...

He defo should of been given more chances. He typifies the qualities you want in a LWB. Fast, direct, strong, good defensively judging by tonight and ability to constantly make runs in behind. Thought he was very good tonight. I am a fan of Alonso but don't think he will be a miss. In open play, think Emerson gives us much more of an offensive threat. Especially if he can link up with Hazard.

55 minutes ago, manpe said:

Promising signs, and he can cross! Got an assist for Moses' goal too. It would be a travesty if Alonso just walked back in when he gets back.

Giroud's attempt to go for the scorpion goal again before the goal was :lol: though.